NHL 2017-18

Bmac

43 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

"The first official jersey made just for fans!" In spite of the replica jerseys CCM, Koho, and Reebok have already been making and selling to fans for years!

In the article, they go into what differentiates them from replicas of the past.  I get what they were going for, and it's not going to be for the hardcore jersey nut that wants to drink beer on a couch in a heavy duty, authentic jersey with fight straps, etc.  It's going to be for the crowd that wants something that looks like a jersey but doesnt have all of the "sports equipment issues" you get with an authentic or even a replica in many cases.  

I dont know how much of a market there will be for it? Might be good for kid's, etc. We'll see. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Kevin Weekes did the custom pad thing often. His Canucks ones had whales jumping out of ice like the Canucks logo.

weekes.jpg

That is a pretty imposing goalie.   And that is the best the Lightning ever looked.  

44 minutes ago, Surf said:

That is a pretty imposing goalie.   And that is the best the Lightning ever looked.  

The inaugural uniform with the lighter blue and the unusual font was, in my opinion, just a smidgen superior to the Stanley Cup championship look.

Here is Rob Ramage to prove my point.

4920-413Fr.jpg

thecatch.jpg

3 hours ago, BrianLion said:

In the article, they go into what differentiates them from replicas of the past.  I get what they were going for, and it's not going to be for the hardcore jersey nut that wants to drink beer on a couch in a heavy duty, authentic jersey with fight straps, etc.  It's going to be for the crowd that wants something that looks like a jersey but doesnt have all of the "sports equipment issues" you get with an authentic or even a replica in many cases.  

I dont know how much of a market there will be for it? Might be good for kid's, etc. We'll see. 

There would be more of a market for it if they weren't charging the same price as the Reebok "Premier" version jerseys. The way I read the article, it sounds like Fanatics is *potentially* putting out an inferior product hoping that casual-to-less-than-hardcore fans will pay the same price. If that's their aim, why not release something a little less expensive, both to the consumer and the producer? Or just make a more realistic "shirsey" product?

Again, this is all without seeing the Fanatics jersey in person. This new fabric may be life-changing when it's all said and done.

On 7/29/2017 at 2:11 PM, B-mer said:

On the subject, the Binghamton Devils unveiled their jersey which i think is a CCM branded edge jersey made to look like New Jersey's Adidas set. 

IMG_1020.JPG.49ff63bc3dbb63bbeccb7c90affe3b32.JPG

Yeah Devil Underpants

15 hours ago, Bradbury said:

There would be more of a market for it if they weren't charging the same price as the Reebok "Premier" version jerseys. The way I read the article, it sounds like Fanatics is *potentially* putting out an inferior product hoping that casual-to-less-than-hardcore fans will pay the same price. If that's their aim, why not release something a little less expensive, both to the consumer and the producer? Or just make a more realistic "shirsey" product?

Again, this is all without seeing the Fanatics jersey in person. This new fabric may be life-changing when it's all said and done.

Let's talk about what the NFL did. Introduced the(I forget the name of it) jersey that's all subliminated, nothing sewn on at all for 80. 

That's the path the NHL should have done. Cheap fanatics, regular Reebok Premier style jerseys made by adidas, and the indo authentic

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I have a really bad feeling about the Sens. All signs, from the new B-Sens logo to the new centre ice design, point to them going with the =O= shoulder patch as primary next season. I'm sure that would bring in better jerseys, but the O lacks identity for a primary. It's a perfect shoulder patch though.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

The team website is now also putting emphasis on the =O= logo. Seems like they're finally listening to the backlash they've been getting for not making any major changes. 

Based on all the hints they're giving now, I wouldn't be surprised if they make the change official before the end of this season. I highly doubt fans will be busting down the doors to buy the Adizero messes anyway. 

46 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

The team website is now also putting emphasis on the =O= logo. Seems like they're finally listening to the backlash they've been getting for not making any major changes. 

Based on all the hints they're giving now, I wouldn't be surprised if they make the change official before the end of this season. I highly doubt fans will be busting down the doors to buy the Adizero messes anyway. 

Tom Anselmi has said he's looking at re-branding the Senators but he was installed as president too late to make changes for the upcoming season.  Everything was done by then.  He's said he's open to the =O= or the roman imagery or a whole new brand for the team that incorporates the others, or even a whole new direction.  Who knows where they'll go.  The article I read said he'd like to launch the rebrand in conjunction with moving to Lebreton Flats, but that's still years away.  Perhaps they'll do something for 2018-2019 or 2019-2020.

Historical accuracy aside, a roman centurion makes for a far more interesting logo than a roman Senator or an 'O' on two stripes.  I'll never understand this teams aversion to the 2D iteration.  Put it on the chest stripes of the heritage jersey and it does everything the =0= does and more. 

dmz6J1z.png  >  asJGYGC.png

17 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

I've gotta say, my pro-centurion views aside, that's a really nice use of the O, the red outline fits perfectly.

The disappearing red outline in the O logo represents the 60 years the Sens disappeared from the NHL.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm of the opinion that nothing Ottawa currently has in their stable of logos is befitting a professional team. That O is not a strong enough mark or identity. The only way I could see it working is if the old team had existed continuously and never changed from it. Perhaps it stretches even beyond being rational but I hate it and I'm not even sure why. 

Archived