NHL 2017-18

Bmac

57 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Anyone else hoping that the longer the Leafs go without revealing, they may re-establish their former third jersey (with the blue yoke) ?

Only a year after unveiling their new jerseys, I can't see that happening.  I think it's more like, we didn't make any changes, so there's no need to show them off until they hit the stores.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate Nashville's new set, especially compared to what they had before.  The large areas of colour outlined in razor thin piping make the uniforms look like an unofficial knock-off you'd find at a Canadian Tire.  All they needed to do was remove the piping and fang-panels but they simplified too much.

5 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

Anyone else hoping that the longer the Leafs go without revealing, they may re-establish their former third jersey (with the blue yoke) ?

I'd say there's a legitimate chance.

It would be one more way to help distinguish them from Tampa Bay a little more. The Lightning dropped the laces. That's one additional difference. Adding back the classic blue shoulder yokes would be another.

10 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I'd say there's a legitimate chance.

It would be one more way to help distinguish them from Tampa Bay a little more. The Lightning dropped the laces. That's one additional difference. Adding back the classic blue shoulder yokes would be another.

This was exactly my logic, too. Of course, the easy thing to do is for TB to go black-white-blue striping on the white jersey and white-black-white-blue striping on the blue, and then the problem is basically solved. The onus should be on Tampa to not replicate a classic.

But yeah, we're thinking alike here.

On 08/08/2017 at 7:37 AM, NYYNYR said:

This was exactly my logic, too. Of course, the easy thing to do is for TB to go black-white-blue striping on the white jersey and white-black-white-blue striping on the blue, and then the problem is basically solved. The onus should be on Tampa to not replicate a classic.

But yeah, we're thinking alike here.

Colorado and Carolina took the Adidas summer revamp as an oppurtunity to right their wrongs and bring back their respective classic jerseys, the mountain pattern & the warning flags made their comeback.

Aside from one or two very minor adjustments, Tampa didn't bother getting on board to fix their look. :mellow:

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I may be in the minority here, I really dont know others opinions on this, but I like Tampa's look. Both the home and away are simple, and the white unis look better now that the Tampa Bay script is gone. I really think they need a black alt.

There's a thread for Unpopular Opinions... 

:)

12 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I may be in the minority here, I really dont know others opinions on this, but I like Tampa's look. Both the home and away are simple, and the white unis look better now that the Tampa Bay script is gone. I really think they need a black alt.

I don't think most people hate it; it just looks too similar to the Leafs. The Stars took the Blackhawks' striping, and there was a small amount of griping. The difference was that the color scheme made it something unique. Do I think the Rams look good in blue/white? You bet... but the Colts have had that look to themselves for decades. Simple color schemes leave very little room for overlap IMO.

I feel I must say at least something in defense of my favorite team, and that is the fact that since the Lightning's rebrand it is the Leafs who have changed jerseys to make any similarities even more pronounced. ?

I do long for some silver and black accents. Lightning fans forever wanted a predominantly blue jersey, but not at the expense of the silver and black. 

The Belleville Senators unveiled their new uniforms today, the Sens' heritage jerseys with pure white. At risk of reigniting the debate, while they look good, I don't think this is a good sign for those wanting a Roman theme for the looming redesign.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

7 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

The Belleville Senators unveiled their new uniforms today, the Sens' heritage jerseys with pure white. At risk of reigniting the debate, while they look good, I don't think this is a good sign for those wanting a Roman theme for the looming redesign.

I think this will look great for Ottawa once it's on the Adidas template.

cut.thumb.jpg.56200e8ab0b78b67cd71f67c3c77a358.jpg.d57b1da1aee8f5406abfc0789d472e40.jpg

I don't like these more than what they're replacing. To me, this and the new home sweater took what character the previous sweaters had and zapped it right out of them. I'm speaking mostly of the "fang" stripes. Many hated it; I personally loved it. I felt that it reinforced the "big teeth" on the crest without overdoing it--and they were building up some equity with those sweaters, too. That said, if they absolutely had to get rid of the fang stripes...

On 8/5/2017 at 11:54 PM, Morgo said:

Huge downgrade from the previous sweater.  Why couldn't they have done something like this...

An9paJZ.jpg

...this would've been the way to go. At least retain some disctinctive link between the now-former and now-present. As it is, they're much too bland for my liking.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 8/12/2017 at 0:10 PM, ldconcepts said:

When you look this good, you don't need a Roman theme.

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

Numbers should be black on the black jersey and white on the white. They're harder to see in this setup.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I realize that this is a totally subjective thing, and as such, every opinion is valid, but man is it baffling to me how anything that's been posted is better than the roads they unveiled.  

Being that they're committed to yellow, and committed to that stupid logo, I think they did the absolute best they could with a white sweater.  It looks better than fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

That Belleville set is great, but I still love this Senators set just above the heritages:

IMG_6921.JPG.00644c2c969852f55ee589f5ceda15a5.JPG

In my perfect world, I'd take this set with the black heritage sweaters as the third. Best of both worlds.

I just can't get on board with the continued use of the Roman theme. It's one of those things that makes less sense the more you think about it. 

Archived