kimball

Rare NBA Getty Images, Google & Internet Find

286 posts in this topic

There's a Chick Hearn one I found on Google but didn't know how to link to it. It's not from 1990-91 so it's probably from 1989-90 or earlier.

On 6/13/2017 at 3:29 PM, MadmanLA said:

-7436902919076032823.jpg

Marvelous had a trading card too...and a thicker toupee LOL

3458929122552029634.jpg

A pre-NBC, way pre-ESPN Hannah Storm...

lawler-basketball-card-111011_-_Copy.jpg

Ralph Lawler, legendary voice of the Clippers...still going, and it currently third-longest tenure NBA team announcer behind Al McCoy (Suns) and George Blaha (Pistons)

Here's a checklist:

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Subsets.cfm/sid/109347/1990-91-Hoops---Announcers

On 6/13/2017 at 10:10 PM, sayahh said:

I never even knew these existed! And I had an almost complete set of those years NBA Hoops trading cards!

FYI, those announcer/TV personality cards weren't available in regular packs, they were included in subsets available for purchase elsewhere. Basically, they share the same design, but you'd still have a complete set of the regular cards without those.

They're still cool, though. I have fond memories of the 1990-91 Hoops set, it was the first set of basketball cards I remember collecting. I would get so excited when I pulled a Hornet!

1 person likes this

I originally posted this in the "Right Team/Wrong Uniform" thread, but figured it would also apply to this thread as well since it's kind of a rarity:

Anyway, I was looking up Muggsy Bogues' career stats on Basketball Reference yesterday and I recall when he was traded to the Warriors 2 games into the 1997-98 season. That's the year the Hornets changed their set to the Bobby Phills/David Wesley era jerseys. Muggsy did play his first 2 games of the season in those Hornets uniforms, but I haven't been able to dig up photos or video just yet. My apologies if this has already been posted.

Edit: I looked up his stats for those games and he only played a combined 16 minutes in those uniforms. If he did play during the preseason, it would've been in their previous sets.

3 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

I originally posted this in the "Right Team/Wrong Uniform" thread, but figured it would also apply to this thread as well since it's kind of a rarity:

Anyway, I was looking up Muggsy Bogues' career stats on Basketball Reference yesterday and I recall when he was traded to the Warriors 2 games into the 1997-98 season. That's the year the Hornets changed their set to the Bobby Phills/David Wesley era jerseys. Muggsy did play his first 2 games of the season in those Hornets uniforms, but I haven't been able to dig up photos or video just yet. My apologies if this has already been posted.

Edit: I looked up his stats for those games and he only played a combined 16 minutes in those uniforms. If he did play during the preseason, it would've been in their previous sets.

I remember Master P playing in those unis!