Rare NBA Getty Images, Google & Internet Find

There's a Chick Hearn one I found on Google but didn't know how to link to it. It's not from 1990-91 so it's probably from 1989-90 or earlier.

On 6/13/2017 at 3:29 PM, MadmanLA said:

-7436902919076032823.jpg

Marvelous had a trading card too...and a thicker toupee LOL

3458929122552029634.jpg

A pre-NBC, way pre-ESPN Hannah Storm...

lawler-basketball-card-111011_-_Copy.jpg

Ralph Lawler, legendary voice of the Clippers...still going, and it currently third-longest tenure NBA team announcer behind Al McCoy (Suns) and George Blaha (Pistons)

Here's a checklist:

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Subsets.cfm/sid/109347/1990-91-Hoops---Announcers

On 6/13/2017 at 10:10 PM, sayahh said:

I never even knew these existed! And I had an almost complete set of those years NBA Hoops trading cards!

FYI, those announcer/TV personality cards weren't available in regular packs, they were included in subsets available for purchase elsewhere. Basically, they share the same design, but you'd still have a complete set of the regular cards without those.

They're still cool, though. I have fond memories of the 1990-91 Hoops set, it was the first set of basketball cards I remember collecting. I would get so excited when I pulled a Hornet!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I originally posted this in the "Right Team/Wrong Uniform" thread, but figured it would also apply to this thread as well since it's kind of a rarity:

Anyway, I was looking up Muggsy Bogues' career stats on Basketball Reference yesterday and I recall when he was traded to the Warriors 2 games into the 1997-98 season. That's the year the Hornets changed their set to the Bobby Phills/David Wesley era jerseys. Muggsy did play his first 2 games of the season in those Hornets uniforms, but I haven't been able to dig up photos or video just yet. My apologies if this has already been posted.

Edit: I looked up his stats for those games and he only played a combined 16 minutes in those uniforms. If he did play during the preseason, it would've been in their previous sets.

3 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

I originally posted this in the "Right Team/Wrong Uniform" thread, but figured it would also apply to this thread as well since it's kind of a rarity:

Anyway, I was looking up Muggsy Bogues' career stats on Basketball Reference yesterday and I recall when he was traded to the Warriors 2 games into the 1997-98 season. That's the year the Hornets changed their set to the Bobby Phills/David Wesley era jerseys. Muggsy did play his first 2 games of the season in those Hornets uniforms, but I haven't been able to dig up photos or video just yet. My apologies if this has already been posted.

Edit: I looked up his stats for those games and he only played a combined 16 minutes in those uniforms. If he did play during the preseason, it would've been in their previous sets.

I remember Master P playing in those unis!

spacer.png

oct-1995-guard-eric-snow-of-the-seattle-

Sonics' 1995 draft pick Eric Snow (preseason)

oct-2001-mark-jackson-of-the-new-york-kn

While Mark Jackson returned to NY in 2001, he wore #31 since Luc Longley wore his usual #13. By 2001-02 preseason, Jackson grabbed his #13 back. This photo is very rare in the sense that he wore this number with the 1997-2001 uniforms. A few weeks later, the Knicks debuted their new uniforms.

oct-2001-gilbert-arenas-of-the-golden-stoct-2001-jason-richardson-of-the-golden-

Warriors' 2001 draft picks Gilbert Arenas and Jason Richardson (preseason)

former-boston-bruins-player-bobby-orr-ce

Does this count? This is from 1992.

2227-678447Bk.jpg

James Worthy wearing modern goggles.

IawYLqi.jpg

Young Coach Erik Spoelstra

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I spot this in another thread, but what caught my eye was Chris Webber's jersey compared to Ben Wallace (I believe it's him since JR Rider is on Portland). I believe this was a pre-season game since the Bullets did this with their numbers and NOB during that time frame during the 90s. 

52474348.thumb.jpg.55dbba9051aa649e6fec0380de9b9641.jpg

• Like 2

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

21 minutes ago, kimball said:

I spot this in another thread, but what caught my eye was Chris Webber's jersey compared to Ben Wallace (I believe it's him since JR Rider is on Portland). I believe this was a pre-season game since the Bullets did this with their numbers and NOB during that time frame during the 90s. 

52474348.thumb.jpg.55dbba9051aa649e6fec0380de9b9641.jpg

My brain went to early career Sheed. But WSU set me straight below.

Rasheed Wallace Bullets.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichO said:

That's early career Sheed.

Rasheed Wallace Bullets.jpg

Those two Wallaces look nothing alike.

Rasheed played on the Bullets in 95-96

Ben played on the Bullets in 96-97.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.