Seattle NHL Brand Discussion

Toronto206

20 hours ago, Rebuy said:

I love marine animals for hockey teams, so Seals or Sea Lions would be a fantastic name.

I really like Sea Lions. DBroDesigns had a pretty decent concept oackage floating around awhile back, if I remember correctly. A little too similar to the NFL team, but still.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:27 PM, ScubaSteve said:

I was actually thinking Chinook but as reference to the helicopter. I'm all for unique team names. Seattle Chinooks has my vote

A Chinook is also a salmon species right?

BTW chalk be up as a fan of Sea Lions.

5 minutes ago, hockey week said:

Because as soon as they go on the road and wear white jerseys, it invalidates their name.

But when Stanford wears white, does that invalidate their name?  

If we're pulling from a hat, Evergreens wouldn't be a bad name to have in the mix, though the logo would be a concern.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, hockey week said:

Because as soon as they go on the road and wear white jerseys, it invalidates their name.

If gold or wheat can be road jersey color, then so can lime green. After the Bucks passed up on the Forest Green/Lime color scheme in their latest rebrand, at least one Big Four team should go for the multi-green look.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

But when Stanford wears white, does that invalidate their name?  

If we're pulling from a hat, Evergreens wouldn't be a bad name to have in the mix, though the logo would be a concern.  

Yes. Yes it does. And it's an injustice that the sports world needs to fix!

5 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

If gold or wheat can be road jersey color, then so can lime green. After the Bucks passed up on the Forest Green/Lime color scheme in their latest rebrand, at least one Big Four team should go for the multi-green look.

You might have me on a loophole, sir. Kudos to you on that.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• 6 months later...

On 5/1/2017 at 2:19 PM, the admiral said:

Washington is the Evergreen State, so why not the Evergreens?

fWmgLvo.jpg

You've seen the Indian Head, the Winged Wheel, and the Skating Penguin, now make way for the Treedle. My execution isn't perfect because I'm not very good at this but I think I'm heading in the right direction...

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 8:28 PM, johnnysama said:

Sorry to bring this back up after almost half a year, but another idea for a Seattle NHL team name: The Seattle Waves could work.

Waves might be a little to close to Seattle's Cascadia rival, the Vancouver Whitecaps

On 11/21/2017 at 2:47 PM, AstroBull21 said:

Whenever I think Seattle and the Pacific Northwest I think of nature.  

Something like Sea Lions, Orcas (if Vancouver ever redesigns), Voyagers, Explorers.

Or maybe a name in Seattle history like Pilots, Metros, 

I guess I wouldn't hate Pilots or Metros, but right now, my choice would be Thunderbirds as long as they can distinguish their branding from the Seahawks.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

1 minute ago, Mingjai said:

I guess I wouldn't hate Pilots or Metros, but right now, my choice would be Thunderbirds as long as they can distinguish their branding from the Seahawks.

That's not going to happen any time soon.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived