NCAA Basketball 2017-18 New Uniforms

406Cane

On 8/30/2017 at 1:42 PM, WSU151 said:

With everything else blue/gold/blue, it makes sense to use the same pattern on the waistband.  It was odd that it used to be blue/white/gold/white/blue.

Also, Adidas had already fixed the waistband striping at some point.

w75E2j6.jpg

I'm glad Under Armour finally made the collar/armhole trim match everything else, too.

I still wish they'd have brought back the old UCLA number font and standardized that and the script across all sports - like UCLA hoops used to use on their alternates:

kKHv6qG.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I'd say it's a downgrade.  Looks too bland and I'm not really a fan of the skyline either.

I agree.

A ) The keys are empty. I have never liked that look and it certainly doesn't help with this court.
B )  It would look so much better if the Blue Demons...you know...embraced blue.

I do like the skyline though; if you have a skyline like Chicago's, why not show it off? (Plus, thank goodness they're actually in Chicago and not in Rosemont now.)

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

On 9/12/2017 at 8:00 AM, ChicagoOakland said:

I agree.

A ) The keys are empty. I have never liked that look and it certainly doesn't help with this court.
B )  It would look so much better if the Blue Demons...you know...embraced blue.

I do like the skyline though; if you have a skyline like Chicago's, why not show it off? (Plus, thank goodness they're actually in Chicago and not in Rosemont now.)

McCormick isn't exactly easy to get to, though it won't require a CTA transfer like the Rosemont trip. Still, Wintrust is a prime example of building just so people can get their pockets lined.

New uniforms for Oregon State:

IMG_7351.PNG.c4d4544044a9edc55a7661b24fce93f9.PNGIMG_7352.thumb.PNG.d8960e46204a3a3b9ac02c602f732e3a.PNG

I'm not really sure exactly how I feel about them yet. I want to like the thick stripes on the shorts, but the cutouts for the logos leave a sour taste in my mouth. I feel like it'd look much better if the logos were just above the stripes rather than interrupting them. Another thing that bothers me is how simple the jerseys are in comparison to the shorts. There just seems to be a bit of a disconnect there.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

New uniforms for Oregon State:

IMG_7351.PNG.c4d4544044a9edc55a7661b24fce93f9.PNGIMG_7352.thumb.PNG.d8960e46204a3a3b9ac02c602f732e3a.PNG

I'm not really sure exactly how I feel about them yet. I want to like the thick stripes on the shorts, but the cutouts for the logos leave a sour taste in my mouth. I feel like it'd look much better if the logos were just above the stripes rather than interrupting them. Another thing that bothers me is how simple the jerseys are in comparison to the shorts. There just seems to be a bit of a disconnect there.

Just so many little things would make that a better uniform.  I agree with you about there needing to be something on the jerseys to tie in the whole uniform.  To avoid the logo cutout on the shorts, they should really have made the stripes thinner or moved the logo slightly higher.  Lastly, they should really have made the stripes go completely around the leg instead of ending them on the inside thigh.

Archived