2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^That’s pretty ridiculous that France won’t be in white shorts tomorrow. I’m guessing FIFA deemed the white shorts to be too close to the light green shorts of the Belgium keeper kit, but that’s a bit of a stretch IMO. Also, with Les Bleus going all-navy tomorrow, that’ll make six different kit combos for them in six games. Here’s the previous five they’ve gone with in this tournament:

france-2018-world-cup-kit-match-ups+%252

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

France in blue socks is a tragedy. FIFA has been way too over the top with their kit regulations. Not every single piece of clothing has to be different from the opposition for there to be a clear distinction between squads. In fact, I’d argue that all blue versus all red is probably a bit more difficult to watch than if France wore their traditional blue/white/red (even if the socks are the same as Belgium). Their white shorts would be such a stark contrast against Belgium.

Also, I like any of the white combinations for France, and I even like the blue/blue/red. That one still looks French since it has the red socks. It’s just a different variation of their normal look. The blue socks are terrible and should never be worn (unless with the change strip). Awful.

For the other match, that one is a little tougher and the matchup they chose is probably for the best. All white for England is not out of the question. But England does need to get back to primarily wearing white/blue/white and red/white/red. It’s just that FIFA’s terrible kit rules are ruining traditional looks. Croatia is a bit difficult because red and white clash with a number of other squads. Like Argentina, for example, their shirt is very light on the whole, since the blue is pale. On a club level, AC Milan works because both red and black are both dark colors and the opposition just needs to wear something light colored. It’s the issue of having white mixed with a dark color that causes some problems.

5 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

France in blue socks is a tragedy. FIFA has been way too over the top with their kit regulations. Not every single piece of clothing has to be different from the opposition for there to be a clear distinction between squads. In fact, I’d argue that all blue versus all red is probably a bit more difficult to watch than if France wore their traditional blue/white/red (even if the socks are the same as Belgium). Their white shorts would be such a stark contrast against Belgium.

Socks cannot be the same color -- that regulation isn't for us, it's for the referee.

They should've done navy/white/navy for France over what they did, though. (Or just have Belgium change to yellow socks.)

6fQjS3M.png

5 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Socks cannot be the same color -- that regulation isn't for us, it's for the referee.

They should've done navy/white/navy for France over what they did, though. (Or just have Belgium change to yellow socks.)

the latter is what should have happened.

ZERO reason why the designated home team isnt wearing their primary kit. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

4 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Only thing I ask.

Blue/white/red for the final France. Please. 

It'll either be this (England) or WBW (Croatia). Or Nike could swoop in with a red backed shirt for Croatia, as long as FIFA relents so France can wear BWB/BWW

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It'll either be this (England) or WBW (Croatia). Or Nike could swoop in with a red backed shirt for Croatia, as long as FIFA relents so France can wear BWB/BWW

If England advances, I wouldn’t be surprised if they wore all white against France in all blue with red socks.

2 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

If England advances, I wouldn’t be surprised if they wore all white against France in all blue with red socks.

France's official home kit is BWR so I'd hope FIFA let them wear it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

France's official home kit is BWR so I'd hope FIFA let them wear it. 

I know, I was just acknowledging since FIFA loves maximum contrast, that would definitely be the way to do it, if they choose.

13 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

France is wearing blue shirts no matter what. Croatia clashes with red and white, due to the checkers.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

8 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

I'm not familiar with the rules, but this makes me wonder about cleats.  I'm sure shoe manufacturers don't want to hurt sales, but why doesn't FIFA enforce those colors as well?

France in B/W/R against England in W/B/W would be an absolutely perfect looking final. Two historic teams in their correct looks, and they contrast with each other perfectly.

I'm sure FIFA will find a way to screw that up.

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I bet France wears blue/blue/red in the final regardless of opponent. If England wins tomorrow, I think it’ll be France in b/b/r against England in all-white. If Croatia wins tomorrow, I think it’ll be France in b/b/r against Croatia in their home shirts with white shorts and socks.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I absolutely do not get FIFA's clash rules. Where is the problem when shorts and socks have a similar or the same color? Almost everybody uses the shirt alone to distinguish the teams.

In 2002 white vs. yellow was the World Cup final, both paired with dark shorts. In 2014 Germany was not allowed to wear all white vs Brazil, but why?

Look at this Bundesliga matchup. Both teams wear black shorts. And both teams also have black raglan sleeves. But it was no problem because the main color was different.

Why are FIFA nowadays making such a big fuss about small clashes? That is totally needless. Assign each team a home and a secondary COMBINATION of shirt, shorts and socks. And just like in FIFA video games there should be absolutely no mixing of parts between the sets.

Archived