2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

16 hours ago, _RH_ said:

I'm not familiar with the rules, but this makes me wonder about cleats.  I'm sure shoe manufacturers don't want to hurt sales, but why doesn't FIFA enforce those colors as well?

Socks need to clash for seeing offsides plays. The foot is almost never considered offsides by itself, it's the rest of the leg that decides it. That's why they aren't as stringent about shoe colors. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

This is my hope for the final, uniform wise

Image result for france 2018 world cupImage result for croatia 2018 world cup

I'd have preferred France's opponents to be in white/blue/white, but the above combination is aesthetically pleasing...

My guess is we’re going to see Croatia in red checkers with white shorts/socks and France in all blue (with a dark horse chance that they go blue socks/red socks, respectively)

My second guess is Croatia in all black and France in all white.

I’d be shocked if it weren’t one of those two matchups based on what we’ve seen at the last few World Cups.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Only a few games I could find had teams with semi similar shorts colors, and they were all dark, not white:

Nigeria (green) vs Argentina (black)

South Korea (black) vs Mexico (burgundy)

Saudi Arabia (green) vs Egypt (black)

If they insist on shorts clashing (I don't see how this could really be needed), maybe the answer is to suggest dark jerseys wear white shorts.  At least mono matches would be avoided!

If some of these websites would actually have some Nike Croatia apparel I'd be thrilled.  Seems like they all must have had about 2 of each size and it was all gone in early May already.

23 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

If some of these websites would actually have some Nike Croatia apparel I'd be thrilled.  Seems like they all must have had about 2 of each size and it was all gone in early May already.

Agreed. I'm ready and willing to buy a Rakitic kit, especially if they win. But I guess Nike doesn't want my money...

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

Agreed. I'm ready and willing to buy a Rakitic kit, especially if they win. But I guess Nike doesn't want my money...

I get it that Croatia isn't a popular team like Brazil, Germany, or Argentina.  But considering the worldwide audience for this tournament, the stuff is going to sell, regardless of team.  Very disappointing to see the variety of apparel available for some of these teams was next to nothing, and what was available was obviously very low stock right from the beginning so it didn't last long...and it doesn't seem like any of it ever gets re-stocked either.

3 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Worldsoccershop.com has some stuff available. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I get it that Croatia isn't a popular team like Brazil, Germany, or Argentina.  But considering the worldwide audience for this tournament, the stuff is going to sell, regardless of team.  Very disappointing to see the variety of apparel available for some of these teams was next to nothing, and what was available was obviously very low stock right from the beginning so it didn't last long...and it doesn't seem like any of it ever gets re-stocked either.

I cant find an XL France kit...

7 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

This is a crime. There is zero reason for this. Red socks does not clash with Croatia, neither of the keepers, nor the officials. Terrible.

There is a TON of RED on the Croatia shirt.  I honestly get the decision to make France all blue.  Red shirt and red sox could clash.

Archived