Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

The uniforms definitely need some gold accents (in the swoosh and possibly the number outline) to make the logo not look so out of place.  If the mockups are accurate, you can tell how much Coughlin got his old-man touches on the uniforms.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry...if Conrad's mockups are legit....then I love it. In an age of two-tone yokes, customized-to-hell fonts, and teams trying to look like Power Rangers...this is a refreshing change. 

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

2 minutes ago, agentrygraphics said:

I'm sorry...if Conrad's mockups are legit....then I love it. In an age of two-tone yokes, customized-to-hell fonts, and teams trying to look like Power Rangers...this is a refreshing change. 

Couldn't agree more. If these are successful hopefully teams will learn not to make the same mistake as the Bucs, Browns, and Titans and let some hotshot team at Nike run wild with what they think is innovation.

The mockups never do the actual uniform justice.  We'll need to see it on a gameday in natural light to really embrace it's quality.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Good lord I usually don't get all "the boards have gone crazy" but wow. This isn't what I would have done but at some point you have to appreciate a smart decision. There are  uniforms that I give a pass despite stupid decisions (Lions sleeves, Titans side panels), this seems like a win because there aren't really any stupid decisions. That's a win. This uniform sets a tone for the rest of the league, and hopefully an overcorrection leads to some more lively versions of classic uniforms. 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

27 minutes ago, agentrygraphics said:

ONE (1) two tone yoke gets unveiled 2 weeks ago and that’s the generalization of the era we are in?

5 minutes ago, Jaguars Football said:

The more I look at it the more I like it. I do wish the pants had stripes on it but I hate Nike pant stripes. They always look goofy and stupid. 

usa_today_9740320.0.jpgdallas-cowboys.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&packersoffense.jpg

Ya cuz the pant stripes are so awful. I hate how they go all the way from the top to the bottom. Gosh darn Nike.

2 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

usa_today_9740320.0.jpgdallas-cowboys.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&packersoffense.jpg

Ya cuz the pant stripes are so awful. I hate how they go all the way from the top to the bottom. Gosh darn Nike.

Im obviously talking about the teams that Nike revamped. The franchises you just showed were smart enough to not let Nike ruin their uniforms. 

3 minutes ago, Jaguars Football said:

Im obviously talking about the teams that Nike revamped. The franchises you just showed were smart enough to not let Nike ruin their uniforms. 

Ya OBVIOUSLY when you say you hate Nike pant stripes you just meant the ones you don’t like and not the classics. I should totally just understand that.

11 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

Ya OBVIOUSLY when you say you hate Nike pant stripes you just meant the ones you don’t like and not the classics. I should totally just understand that.

You knew exactly what he was trying to say. Stop being so pedantic. 

9 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

Nike didn’t even have a part in developing the half-century old braisher stripes that you posted.

14 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

Nike had nothing to do with the ones he likes but just the ones he does not like! C'mon man it was pretty OBVIOUS what he meant!

I think it's a very good step in the right direction and something that Nike needs to do more of, instead of, well, virtually everything they've been doing otherwise.  Give or take a Vikings.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived