2018 MLS Kits

labc93

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

So LAG and Chicago are adding Northwestern stripes this year? Is this going to be like the heather pattern from last year, where basically everyone got it?

Both the LAG and Chicago shirts are inspired by past kits of theirs that featured northwestern stripes, so it’s not like it’s just some random element that Adidas chose to implement, like the heather pattern(s) last year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Duck_Duck said:

I'm digging that picture.  Not only are both the Whitecaps and Rowdies kits pure fire and the mustaches on point, but it appears that BOTH teams are happily celebrating the Whitecaps championship?  Wouldn't see that nowadays . . . 

I'm guessing those are Whitecaps players who did a shirt swap with Rowdies players after full-time.

For example, when Villa won the European Cup, a number of their players were in Bayern shirts for the celebrations:

article-2302701-190ADC6A000005DC-373_634

6fQjS3M.png

50 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

LAFC just announced a jersey sponsorship and broadcasting deal with YouTube TV:

From the source:

(LAFC) has a league-high 16 matches broadcast nationally on ESPN, FOX, FS1 and Univision in 2018...

Why?

Cool shirt sponsor though.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

51 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

I'm guessing those are Whitecaps players who did a shirt swap with Rowdies players after full-time.

For example, when Villa won the European Cup, a number of their players were in Bayern shirts for the celebrations:

article-2302701-190ADC6A000005DC-373_634

Good catch, I bet that's what's going on there. 

19 hours ago, Corvus said:

There is a lot of design history to mine from their USL and NASL days that they've chosen not to use for the most part.  The cycle doesn't really mean they should be out of ideas when they've never really even tried the central hoop as a design element. Here's their USL shirts

4e31c-dscf6820-620x465.jpg

Or here's some NASL majesty. 

Kenyon79.jpg

19 hours ago, Duck_Duck said:

I'm digging that picture.  Not only are both the Whitecaps and Rowdies kits pure fire and the mustaches on point, but it appears that BOTH teams are happily celebrating the Whitecaps championship?  Wouldn't see that nowadays . . . 

It's all Whitecaps players, check the shorts. They're wearing Admiral shorts.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Whitecaps new twitter profile pic, seems to confirm Black and Silver clash kit.

Can't wait to see the silly jersey inforgraphic explanations for this one. "The black jersey mirrors the mood of Vancouverites after six months of non stop rain"

xzauWn9L_200x200.jpg

4 minutes ago, VRG said:

Where are you seeing the hoops? 

This is their new primary kit, replacing the red shirt.

Their current change shirt (which isn't changing) is predominantly white, so we're presuming this one won't also be white.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtOobicCuZntghJMV07

That plus they have a history of red and white hoops. 

That plus the teaser photo sure leads in that direction.

That white portion looks too big to be hoops, so I think it’s far more likely that it’s a Texas flag-based jersey. Probably a half and half design on the front and then the navy sleeves to sort of mimic the blue portion on the flag:

2000px-Flag_of_Texas.svg.png

And that would also explain why the LH sleeve patch is a white star, to mimic the white star on the flag. In any case, this is shaping up to be a Texas-sized cluster:censored:.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived