College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

16 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Kou was referring to Wyoming* (who went with the "CFL" template as opposed to the newest techfit) and expressing his relief that they did not use the same jersey cut as ASU (the pis he commented on)

* jWNmrxo.png

Thanks for having my back power ranger Rick 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KouPilot said:

Thanks for having my back power ranger Rick 

There are no backs to be had, just a simple misunderstanding is all.

On an unrelated note, i hope that  A.) the new Techfit pattern doesn't show up very much on Nebraska's red, and B.) if it does, they just stick with the version that they used last season, because for some reason the tire treads don't show up much in natural lighting with NU's color of red

(also kind of hoping that they bring back the throuback alts from last year, cause i really liked how they looked on the field)

It's so interesting to me that any texture in the fabric of a jersey, except mesh holes, is completely reviled no matter how simple or austere it is. Tough crowd. ☺️

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

23 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

No major changes to Texas A&M's home uniform. They've switched to the newest Adidas uniform so they have the odd half collar that was seen on previous sets. The Adidas logo and SEC patch have switched places this year.

I still wish they'd go back to white facemasks and lose the bevel in the numbers...and maybe bring back this ampersand 

337cbc3f218b024d2e78a5a1e7c5b99ca74bc139

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, tigerraven said:

that's not Wyoming.  Its Arizona St.  Note the PT 42 embroidery in the neck line.  Pat Tillman.  ASU player who died in Afghanistan.

How did I miss the PT42?  Time for ASU to shake down the corpse for loose change again.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

13 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The Aggies have a good thing going with their uniforms. The shoulder stripes are unique and something they can own. The word mark looks to have gotten a bit smaller. I liked it larger across the chest.

Agreed. The dual shoulder stripes was a unique look in the P5 the moment they unveiled it, and they have owned it ever since.

16 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

It's so interesting to me that any texture in the fabric of a jersey, except mesh holes, is completely reviled no matter how simple or austere it is. Tough crowd. ☺️

I wouldn't mind a texture if it looked good, but Adidas' textures have looked consistently bad. No uniform is improved by covering it in tire-track patterns or making it look like a corduroy sweater.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

56 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I wouldn't mind a texture if it looked good, but Adidas' textures have looked consistently bad. No uniform is improved by covering it in tire-track patterns or making it look like a corduroy sweater.

The contrast is definitely exaggerated on the heathered one (as seen at U.S. Army All-American this year), but the texture itself, in my opinion, is much less intrusive than the last two iterations. Rib knit textures are firmly rooted in sportswear as they’ve facilitated stretch and movement for centuries, and it’s really quite subtle on the solid color versions.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

27 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

The contrast is definitely exaggerated on the heathered one (as seen at U.S. Army All-American this year), but the texture itself, in my opinion, is much less intrusive than the last two iterations. Rib knit textures are firmly rooted in sportswear as they’ve facilitated stretch and movement for centuries, and it’s really quite subtle on the solid color versions.

But then they couldn't hate on Adidas as much..

6 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

But then they couldn't hate on Adidas as much..

Quite true. Fabric textures and collar designs are a no-win situation. ?

The big issue with adidas is the patterns take away from the uniforms. When doing a Photoshop, they make life difficult when switching that player from adidas to another uniform brand. But if you swipe that pattern out and the sleeves aren't short, most people won't reaalize it's an adidas top that's being used. The tire treads and the super small fit are the things I detest about them. Especially when not worn over pads.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The big issue with adidas is the patterns take away from the uniforms. When doing a Photoshop, they make life difficult when switching that player from adidas to another uniform brand. But if you swipe that pattern out and the sleeves aren't short, most people won't reaalize it's an adidas top that's being used. The tire treads and the super small fit are the things I detest about them. Especially when not worn over pads.

The "tire treads" aren't nearly as noticeable on most colors as people act like, and the jerseys weren't designed to be worn without pads or photoshopped.. While I can understand your personal frustrations regarding them, I don't think it's fair for that to affect your overall opinion of the jerseys themselves so heavily..

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

The "tire treads" aren't nearly as noticeable on most colors as people act like, and the jerseys weren't designed to be worn without pads or photoshopped.. While I can understand your personal frustrations regarding them, I don't think it's fair for that to affect your overall opinion of the jerseys themselves so heavily..

The only colors that aren't affected by the tire tread is white and scarlet. The new template hasn't stood out so much except for the ASU "sweaters".

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

44 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The only colors that aren't affected by the tire tread is white and scarlet. The new template hasn't stood out so much except for the ASU "sweaters".

Being affected and being distracting are two very different things, but is still argue that is really only noticeable on a couple colors.. I don't notice it on any of ASU's uniforms except the grey, and it's really only slightly noticeable on Miami's green.. It's only as annoying/obvious as we want it to be to justify our complaining (apart from the grey, where it's really noticeable).. Plus, the kids LOVE the pattern.. So from a manufacturer's standpoint, if they can replicate a traditional look (i.e. Miami), while still looking like ??? to the recruits, it's a win-win.. We uniform nerds are in the minority, and will pretty much lose this battle every time.. But I think the sentiments regarding the "tire tread" pattern are a bit exaggerated by this board.. Sure, it's a tiny bit ugly, but it's mostly unnoticeable on most colors.. At least not to the point of distraction and damaging the aesthetic of the uniform

1 minute ago, WavePunter said:

Being affected and being distracting are two very different things, but is still argue that is really only noticeable on a couple colors.. I don't notice it on any of ASU's uniforms except the grey, and it's really only slightly noticeable on Miami's green.. It's only as annoying/obvious as we want it to be to justify our complaining (apart from the grey, where it's really noticeable).. Plus, the kids LOVE the pattern.. So from a manufacturer's standpoint, if they can replicate a traditional look (i.e. Miami), while still looking like ??? to the recruits, it's a win-win.. We uniform nerds are in the minority, and will pretty much lose this battle every time.. But I think the sentiments regarding the "tire tread" pattern are a bit exaggerated by this board.. Sure, it's a tiny bit ugly, but it's mostly unnoticeable on most colors.. At least not to the point of distraction and damaging the aesthetic of the uniform

You might not think it’s distracting to you, but to me and many others it is very distracting when watching a game. The only exceptions are bold bright colors like scarlet, orange, and yellow. Everything else the patterns a total eye sores. The newest template has reduced many of those problems eliminating the tread patterns, and instead going for very fine lines, but they now all have rediculouse looking half collars for no apparent reason. Now I won’t blame adidas for ASU’s grey jersey looking like a sweater, for all I know that may have been the look ASU wanted. Why? Idk but it wouldn’t be the first time they made unusual styling choices either.

Archived