Crabcake

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFC West is going to be a fun division next year. Rams are upgrading an already stacked roster and the 49ers are looking good too (if they can play like they did in those final 5 weeks). 

38 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

That’s definitely a surprise. Did not expect them to bail on Cooks so fast, especially now that they lost Amendola. 

Wonder what they’re going to do with that 23rd pick though. Bill obviously has his eye on someone. 

They took last year's #32 and 103 overall for a one year rental of Cooks for #23 overall this year and don't pay the fifth year option for Cooks.

Plus keep #31 overall for now.

This is strange. Not only was trading for Cooks unlike the Patriots, but then trading someone for actual value is unlike the Patriots, too. I don't know what Bill has up his sleeve, but I trust him.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I like having Cooks. Essentially a faster replacement for Watkins at the X. Another weapon in the trunk.

But losing the No. 23 is a tough price. Especially when most had the Rams slotted for LB help there.

It's up and down. But I'll feel a lot better about it if they can lock down Cooks and not have him be an exact replacement of Watkins and leave after the season. But signs point to good things in that department as he's a California guy and shares the same agent as Goff. Here's to hoping.

On 4/1/2018 at 7:04 AM, Seadragon76 said:

Meh... I know a place where you can ram it, pal!

giphy.gif

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The trouble with Sammy Watkins was he just wasn't targeted enough in that offense. Woods and Kupp were the go-to targets last year for the most part. I hope that Goff decides to just let it rip this year because Cooks is about as dangerous of a downfield weapon as you'll find. Man this Rams team is loaded with talent. This is as good of an offense as they've had since Bulger/Jackson/Holt/Bruce, if not better. I just worry that they might struggle the way the 2011 Eagles did with expectations being so high.

3 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

That’s definitely a surprise. Did not expect them to bail on Cooks so fast, especially now that they lost Amendola. 

Wonder what they’re going to do with that 23rd pick though. Bill obviously has his eye on someone. 

I've been assuming that Lamar Jackson was going to fall to the Patriots all offseason because most of the league's GMs are stupid and kind of racist.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

55 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

The trouble with Sammy Watkins was he just wasn't targeted enough in that offense. Woods and Kupp were the go-to targets last year for the most part. I hope that Goff decides to just let it rip this year because Cooks is about as dangerous of a downfield weapon as you'll find. Man this Rams team is loaded with talent. This is as good of an offense as they've had since Bulger/Jackson/Holt/Bruce, if not better. I just worry that they might struggle the way the 2011 Eagles did with expectations being so high.

Watkins was used as a decoy heavily IIRC.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On 4/4/2018 at 11:37 AM, Crabcake47 said:

The Ravens just signed RGIII to a 1-year deal.  Talk about a blast from the past.

Was Brian Sipe not available? Stan Bartkowski? Either no one wanted that job, or they are going out of their way to avoid picking up players that will cause any type of media stampede, or Ozzie Newsome is giving them the middle finger on his way out the door. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Patriots continue to use Buffalo as their personal farm system.  

I thought you their "system" was those with one strike on the NFL Substance Abuse or PED List.

Jordan Matthews

Corey Dillon

LaGarrette Blount

Brandon Tims

Brandon Spikes

Brandon Browner

Redskins acquire QB Kevin Hogan and a 2018 6th round pick from the Browns for a 2018 6th round pick.

All quarterbacks from the 2017-18 Browns are now on new teams

Deshone Kizer (Packers)

Cody Kessler (Jaguars)

Kevin Hogan (Redskins)

On 4/6/2018 at 4:52 PM, DNAsports said:

Redskins acquire QB Kevin Hogan and a 2018 6th round pick from the Browns for a 2018 6th round pick.

All quarterbacks from the 2017-18 Browns are now on new teams

Deshone Kizer (Packers)

Cody Kessler (Jaguars)

Kevin Hogan (Redskins)

Their fourth QB from last year was shipped out too I believe, for possibly a bag of baseballs and a batting helmet. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

People like to throw Dak under the bus because of his horrible 2018 campaign, but Dez has been on a decline since 2015. I don't think he's truly recovered from the foot injury he suffered in 2015.

He runs routes willy-nilly, making it extremely easy for the opposing No. 1 corner to lock him down. He then gets upset at Dak for what is essentially; his fault.

Rumblings from within the team was that Dez was very stubborn in learning the route tree they have; Dez preferred to run the routes he wanted, and where he wanted.

In order to be paid like a Number 1 receiver, you have to play like a Number 1 receiver; something Dez hasn't been since 2014.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

This is some straight bs. Dez is still an elite WR, but because the coaches suck so much in Dallas and refused to do anything creative to get Dez the ball like teams do other great WR’s, he couldn’t put up the numbers he once did. 

I hope he goes to Philly, New England, New Orleans or the LA Rams and plays under an actual good coaching system so he can prove he’s still an elite WR. 

Eff this. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

13 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

People like to throw Dak under the bus because of his horrible 2018 campaign, but Dez has been on a decline since 2015. I don't think he's truly recovered from the foot injury he suffered in 2015.

He runs routes willy-nilly, making it extremely easy for the opposing No. 1 corner to lock him down. He then gets upset at Dak for what is essentially; his fault.

Rumblings from within the team was that Dez was very stubborn in learning the route tree they have; Dez preferred to run the routes he wanted, and where he wanted.

In order to be paid like a Number 1 receiver, you have to play like a Number 1 receiver; something Dez hasn't been since 2014.

He cannot separate at all and when in your ninth year you now hire a "Route Guru", you are not worth the price tag you are carrying.  Now, Jerry will likely avoid defense in Round 1 and take a WR. 

11 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

This is some straight bs. Dez is still an elite WR, but because the coaches suck so much in Dallas and refused to do anything creative to get Dez the ball like teams do other great WR’s, he couldn’t put up the numbers he once did. 

I hope he goes to Philly, New England, New Orleans or the LA Rams and plays under an actual good coaching system so he can prove he’s still an elite WR. 

Eff this. 

He isn't going to get Sammy Watkins money.  He may not even get half.

In all, this was something that Rich Dalrymple couldn't fix.

Archived