EddieJ1984

After pepsi is done using the retro packaging, how can...

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, poser said:

Diet Pepsi has slim cans now as well

 

Dc2jU0RUwAAstWO.jpg

The current pepsi logo looks like a plumber's crack. The red is the shirt and the blue the pants. White is back and crack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back when I drank soda, as a kid, between the two I always preferred Pepsi.  Then, as an adult, I decided that Coca Cola Classic is one of the world's very few perfect inventions.  Even now that I don't drink soda*, on the rare occasion that I have a real bad hangover I'll sometimes down a Coke.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best designs in Pepsi's history:

73e83e8572541f9f9a7de5e0e73955c5--diet-platest?cb=201201091944407999401_orig.jpg?117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:51 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

Sex Sells lol

Older is always better unless it's sex.

 

I do like the older logo of pepsi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pepsi simply needs to make up its mind.  They pretty much own the blue can, but their current branding is acceptable...? but it's a major departure from the timeless portions of their brand. 

 

2000px-Pepsi_Cola_logo_1940.svg.png

 

I think personally they should focus on this, as it has a vintage air and the "signature" style that says "we've been around a long-ass time, so we must be doing something right" as well as indicating a craftsmanship of sorts.

 

That said, culturally they seem to have forgotten that their 80s/90s branding on the mostly-naked cans was huge

 

0e94d2fc7ff4a675ca8c855b951c7153.jpg

 

This look is absolutely flawless, but no blue is a problem of sorts.  I dunno.

 

Pepsi is one of the more controversial logo/branding companies in this board's history, and that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CS85 said:

Pepsi simply needs to make up its mind.  They pretty much own the blue can, but their current branding is acceptable...? but it's a major departure from the timeless portions of their brand. 

 

2000px-Pepsi_Cola_logo_1940.svg.png

 

I think personally they should focus on this, as it has a vintage air and the "signature" style that says "we've been around a long-ass time, so we must be doing something right" as well as indicating a craftsmanship of sorts.

 

Yes! People still think of Pepsi as being the newer/younger sibling of Coke, even though Pepsi has been around for over a century. This might help dispel that illusion.

 

(Might lead to accusations that they're copying Coca-Cola with having a classic wordmark, but I think its historical relevance is enough to ward that off. Would recommend recoloring that wordmark to blue though.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kroywen said:

 

People still think of Pepsi as being the newer/younger sibling of Coke

 

That's what they're going for though. Coke is "traditional", Pepsi is "young and hip". It's always been that way and that's why they keep mixing up their look. I can't see that changing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I'm from Minnesota, my family (mostly Coke people) found it mildly funny when I held up the Diet Pepsi can with Michael Jackson on it and stated that Pepsi was the "King of Pop."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kroywen said:

 

Yes! People still think of Pepsi as being the newer/younger sibling of Coke, even though Pepsi has been around for over a century. This might help dispel that illusion.

 

(Might lead to accusations that they're copying Coca-Cola with having a classic wordmark, but I think its historical relevance is enough to ward that off. Would recommend recoloring that wordmark to blue though.)

 

I always felt the original version of the Throwback can was a great way to do this

 

9sss_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, pepsi has always been the hip and modern brand.

Before they simplified, their packaging was gettin too big. I always think for cans, for coke and pepsi, it just looks right when their wordmarks are vertical.

pepsi133.JPG

 

But yes I know pepsi won't go completly back to an old look full time like Miller Lite, but a mix would be cool, first off change the globe back to how it should look.

Actually they have this look on their 20oz and 1 Liters which seems like a mix of the using the blue background with their older logo

c06c670c-81bb-486b-935a-fdc32c8a6e20_1.c

I think that is almost perfect, just use the late 80s wordmark imo/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would like to see diet pepsi in retro "patio diet cola" cans" as that was their old name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back when my family were all soda drinkers , we were kinda split as far as coke vs pepsi. Grandma was all about diet coke, and my mom was Pepsi. I used to think coke was the better of the 2 but as I got older Pepsi has definitely taken over as better to me. I much prefer mixing my drinks in pepsi rather than coke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so interesting how people develop strong opinions between colas. I could drink em all (still do, just less often) without noticing/caring about the difference. Coke, Pepsi, RC, some generic brands (some had a weird taste) were all fine as long as it isn't diet (the aftertaste ruins every single diet version I've tried).

 

Dr Pepper is the best pop though. And yes, it's pop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still trying to understand this thread's title.

 

How can after pepsi uses the retro packaging....

 

Huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm still trying to understand this thread's title.

 

How can after pepsi uses the retro packaging....

 

Huh?

 

I believe it's missing some commas and is meant to flow into the first post.

 

How can, after Pepsi uses the retro packaging,Can they go back to the bad smiley Pepsi globe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

 

I believe it's missing some commas and is meant to flow into the first post.

 

How can, after Pepsi uses the retro packaging,Can they go back to the bad smiley Pepsi globe?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm still trying to understand this thread's title.

 

How can after pepsi uses the retro packaging....

 

Huh?

 

Related image

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now