Your Favorite Teams?

TheGodfather

KC Chiefs- I was a rebelling 4 year old in Colorado with everyone rooting against the red team. So naturally with red being my favorite color. 13 years later, well, I've been called Kansas City in school.

Colorado Rockies- fought it for so many years until 2007, before the streak, I got to go down on the field and meet Todd Helton. He's an awesome guy, one of my favorite athletes through that I was stuck. Rocktober made me a lifelong fan.

Oakland A's- love the history, Philly, KC, Oakland, Connie Mack, white elephants story. Love the jerseys, logos and color scheme (for a baseball team) Because of this the a's have become my casual check the scores, watch the highlights AL team.

SJ Sharks- was always an Avs fan by default, lockout came and I decided to start fresh and get into hockey. As a 5th grader a sharks my favorite animal, and it's stuck. Avs are my number 2.

Nuggets- by default now I really follow them.

If I had a soccer team I'd choose FC Barcelona, I have a jersey and that's as good a reason as any.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Sweet, a random tumblr message inspired a thread!

14342_o.gif

No surprises:

Bears: Started watching in the late 90's as Cade McNown was leading the team to a new level of suckery, hooked ever since.

Blackhawks: Uncle is massive fan, watched games at his place and became addicted circa 2001.

Cubs: Inherited from parents. *stares at gun on nightstand* Not tonight, friend. Not tonight. *reaches for whiskey bottle*

Illini: See Cubs, sans suicidal tendencies.

Pacers (1998-2004): Massive Pacers junkie through the Reggie years, retired as Pacers fan in 2004, along with basically the NBA until Bulls resurgence.

Quasi-Bulls: Not a fan during Jordan era, followed them for years via newspapers and such, Rose-Bulls are a lot of fun to watch. I am a shameful bandwagon, but admit my sins.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1) I saw what you did McCarthy :P Smooth.

2) I'm sure we've already done this thread like 4 times already, but whatever.

Anaheim Ducks - Born/Raised in OC. Family had season tickets since Day 1 of the Franchise. Gone to games since I was 4 years old. Of any of my teams, this one is my life blood. I could lose all the others, but the Ducks are a part of me.

LA Angels of Anaheim - Born/Raised in OC. My Grandpa was a Giants fan as a kid when they were in NY, so there was no way he was rooting for the Dodgers in SoCal, but he also dropped the Giants when they left. Been going to games since I could hit a teeball.

Los Angeles Lakers - Born/raised in SoCal. Like Rockstar said, it's the Lakers here, or the Clippers if you want to be different. Honestly, I don't hate the Clippers. I like seeing them do well as a local team. Sometimes it's annoying when the hardcore Clipper fans try to make themselves as something more than they are, but that's it. The Lakers are king in SoCal no matter what and that will never change, but I think everyone in SoCal has a small soft spot for the Clippers.

Indianapolis Colts - Growing up in SoCal, my local options were ripped out when I was 5. I went to one Charger game a year when I was growing up, but I never got attached to them. It was the Doug Flutie years, they royally sucked. I was a Charger "fan" just because they happened to be the closest NFL option, but San Diego is generally in its own bubble separate from the rest of SoCal and I really didn't care about the NFL. When I really started paying attention to football when I started playing in High School, the Colts were beginning their rise. I liked their uniforms, I loved Peyton Manning and how he controlled the offense, so I started following them. I "split" with the Colts/Chargers for a year or two, but when the Colts/Pats rivalry got truly fired up and the Chargers/Colts match-ups, I got really into it from a Colts side. My allegiance was picked organically in that way. You can call it a bandwagon if you want, but I'm firmly in my seat on it. Not getting off. The ONLY exception will be the return of an NFL team to LA that either is the Rams or isn't the Chargers.

Arizona State Sun Devils - My school. Ball So Hard University. Fear the Fork, buddy.

Manchester United - Easily the stupidest of my fandoms :lol: In the movie Eurotrip, the main characters find themselves in a Manchester United supporters bar in London. The supporters are stereotyped soccer hooligans and it's ridiculous and funny. But since it was in the movie and I had no soccer knowledge at all when the movie came out, I thought Man U was fake. Then after I started to get into soccer after watching the 2006 World Cup, I looked towards European football and the Premiership for a team to follow, I found out Man U was a real thing. I was so taken aback by this that they had to be my team. I had no knowledge of their reputation or their record or anything like that, but they were going to be my team. I've learned a whole lot since then, but Man U is still my club.

Secondary followings:

NHL - Phoenix Coyotes, because I live in Phoenix and love the old jerseys. Florida Panthers, because they're the Ducks expansion brother and I love the old red jerseys and it's the East so no effect on the Ducks. Winnipeg Jets, because I'm happy they got their team back and pretty nice jerseys and again, for now, it's the East.

MLB - San Diego Padres, other SoCal team that isn't the Dodgers and in the NL. Arizona Diamondbacks, because just like the Yotes they are now my local team and like the Pads it's the NL so no effect on the Angels.

NBA - Los Angeles Clippers, because it's the aforementioned LA little brother thing, sometimes they can be annoying but deep down you like them a little bit. Blake Griffin being awesome helps. Milwaukee Bucks, just for the :censored: of it :lol: and again the East thing. Chicago Bulls, because I grew up with Jordan and its the East.

NFL - Arizona Cardinals, because again I live here and my family has season tickets for the Cards (I have other family in AZ, so we split them among the family). San Diego Chargers, just a little because it's the local team and I like Charger fans. New York Giants, because it's my family's old team when my grandpa and uncles lived in NYC and the Manning connection.

NCAA - USC Trojans, because I grew up in SoCal and you had to choose USC or UCLA for an allegiance. USC was also the school I set my sights on going to since I wanted to go to school. Obviously, that fell through but the ties are still there. Texas A&M, because it's my mom's alma mater and I spent a few summers in College Station.

MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy, because again local team. I didn't even know Chivas played in LA for like 3 years, and I actually remember the green/gold Cobi Jones years of the Galaxy.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Manchester United - Easily the stupidest of my fandoms :lol: In the movie Eurotrip, the main characters find themselves in a Manchester United supporters bar in London. The supporters are stereotyped soccer hooligans and it's ridiculous and funny. But since it was in the movie and I had no soccer knowledge at all when the movie came out, I thought Man U was fake. Then after I started to get into soccer after watching the 2006 World Cup, I looked towards European football and the Premiership for a team to follow, I found out Man U was a real thing. I was so taken aback by this that they had to be my team. I had no knowledge of their reputation or their record or anything like that, but they were going to be my team. I've learned a whole lot since then, but Man U is still my club.

you thought Man U were fake? wow, America really is in its own world!

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

As far as my college teams go...

Oregon Ducks - OK so by now I am a ravenous Ducks fan, but prior to the 3rd of November in 2001 I didn't root for any college program (consciously). I was in high school and one of my best friends was wondering if I liked the Ducks, and if I did, would I like to go to a game. Of course I lied and said I'm a huge fan. Don't get me wrong I watched football all the time but didn't have a shaped favorite in my mind. Keep in mind the Ducks had Joey Heisman and I love offense. By half way through the first quarter I was sold and my heart belonged to the Ducks. The passion, the electricity, the jerseys, the mascot, the mystique of Autzen...just all of it was a high and I needed to feed my addiction. One of my dreams would to eventually play for the Ducks (like that would ever happen) and eventually have tickets for life (more of a possibility). I currently live and breath with every win and heart wrenched with ever L, my fandom is at full blast. I also collect a unusual large amount of football cards of Duck alum in the NFL.

ACC

Miami - Kind of a bandwagon that stuck...when a program is churning out the likes of Sean Taylor, Ray Lew, Reed, Portis, Gore, McGahee...Mostly started to follow them based off of alum in the NFL (also since 2001)...I have a addiction to trading cards with The U defensive backs.

Virginia Tech - I know 'another ACC team?', right? I just LOVE 'Beamer Ball' and their jerseys and 'Enter Sandman'. I'll probably root for Beamer and his boys as long as he is a coach...I'm also addicted to their DBs

BIG 12 - Texas - Loved them since we beat them in the Holiday Bowl. From Applewhite to Simms to Young to McCoy.

BIG EAST - Pitt - See Curtis Martin. (Dan Marino doesn't hurt neither does Larry Fitz or Jon Baldwin)

BIG TEN - Michigan St. - For some reason I like Michigan St...probably because they aren't Michigan, plus they wear green.

C-USA - I don't care for the C-USA but if I had to root for one, I guess I'd root for SMU.

INDY - See above...I guess Navy wins by default.

MAC - Ohio...this is fairly new...probably caught my eye with their beautiful jerseys (they also wear green...bonus points)

MWC - Wyoming...because I got a free clock with their logo on it...seems like a good enough reason to root for them.

SEC - Auburn (even though they beat us in the Natty) Probably stems from me like Jason Campbell, Carlos Rogers, Cadillac and Ronnie Brown.

SUN BELT - WKU (for a whole whopping 2 years) I know the currenty RB coach pretty well...he also was a standout for the Ducks in the early 90's

WAC - Idaho...spent a summer up on their campus and being cheering them on since.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Green Bay Packers - Well, I got into the NFL after playing Madden 08, through which I learned all the rules. There is a mode in Madden called 'Superstar' where you create a player and play as that player. My guy got drafted to the Green Bay Packers, and the rest is history.

Western Force - Been a season ticket holder since day one, and have watched this team through all its highs and lows. and I have only ever missed one home game (vs. the Sharks, 2009).

West Ham United - I have only recently started following soccer, my interest started when I watched Green Street Hooligans a couple of years back, and I have gone for West Ham ever since.

Vancouver Canucks - My cousins live in BC, and this is there team, so I go for them too!

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

? Saints: Local team. Started following them in '04 in the latter years of the mediocre Jim Haslett era. Aaron Brooks (whom I met an autograph signing once. Nice guy), Deuce McAllister. Joe Horn. They were our triplets. Luckily I followed them pre-Katrina so I can't be considered a bandwagon fan with their recent success.

? Lions: Lovable losers. I always liked underdog teams. Easier to avoid the bandwagon tag.

? Texans: Young team. Only a year old when I started watching the NFL in 2003 (advent of NFL Network). Also lovable losers. Once had the best road uni in the NFL (white top/blue pants/red socks).

? Hornets: Local team.

? Celtics: Can't stand the Lakers.

? Southeastern Louisiana Lions: My school.

? Tulane Green Wave: Had various connections to them since I was young. Terribly underrated color scheme. Don't like LSU.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Mets--my dad was a Giants fan until they moved when he was 7. He then became a Mets fan. I copied him.

Giants--my dad was a football Giants fan as well. I copied him again.

Islanders--originally a Ranger fan like my dad, but lost interest in hockey for a few years. When I started to follow the NHL again, I couldn't root for the Rangers because of owner James Dolan. I rooted for Montreal for a bit, hoping that they could catch the Yankees in championships. But I eventually settled on the Islanders, mostly because I've worked at a lot of their games the past few years and their staff has been great to me. I also felt bad for them when they were drawing 7,000 fans to games. And since I'm a Mets fan, I'm used to the losing.

Pitt Panthers--I went there. Simple enough.

Red Sox- Hometown team

Bruins- Hometown team

Patriots- Hometown team

Tottenham Hotspur- My want of an English club to support led me to do tons of research...like, massive amounts of reading up, hours of video, etc. for several clubs, and Spurs were just the fit for me.

Borussia Mönchengladbach- Wanted to get into the German league, was open to anyone but Bayern München. I watched matches until I saw every team. Each match, I picked a team to pull for, and it felt the most right wanting die Fohlen to win. I stuck with them and I now call myself a big fan.

FC Basel- I went to Basel on foreign exchange in high school. My host family and everyone I met were FCB crazy. I caught the bug and I remain a fan to this day. I saw them beat Lucerne 5-0 at St. Jakob Park, and it was such a fun time.

Now for the weird one.

I think I'm going to start following the New York Knicks once the NBA gets going. I haven't cared for years, but now for some reason, I feel like I want to. I can't be a Celtics fan for a few reasons. One being that I haven't cared about the NBA since Antoine Walker and Vitaly Potapenko played for the Celtics, and in light of their recent success, I'd be a front-runner for jumping on the Celtswagon.Secondly, Celtics fans as a group generally annoy me something awful. Individually I like them fine, but the fanbase as a whole is so goddamn annoying. Why the Knicks, then? Three reasons. One being that they're the next closest team geographically. Another being that I love their colors, logos, and uniforms. Third, I'm just the kind of miserable bastard who hates himself enough to become a Knicks fan solely by choice.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Falcons, Braves, Gladiators, UGA: I'm from here. Grew up cheering for them. (will never support the ATL Hawks as long as ASG owns them)

Pittsburgh Penguins, Steelers, Pittsburgh Pirates: My family is from Pittsburgh and i grew up having my mom and grandmother cheering for these teams as well as ATL teams.

Nashville Predators- Closest NHL team (now....)

Minnesota Wild- Dany Heatley is my favorite NHL player. Will support him and any team he is playing for.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Yeah I've seen that clip, It's just weird, I would bet every male in Europe, Civilised Asia (South Korea, Japan etc.) and Australia knows who Manchester United are, It's hard to be that good at the world game and go unnoticed.

How many times have I told my story? I forget. But here's the short version. I was briefly a fan of English football when I was little. My favourite team was Tottenham Hotspur because someone else said it in a class activity, it was easy to remember, and the local team's name "West Ham" sounded stupid. I never properly developed an interest and never went back to it. These days I just don't find the game interesting at all, and I can't stand the culture. I later turned to a certain North American sport, as I heard a duck calling me.

Anaheim Ducks - Back in '97, Mighty Ducks the Animated Series was airing. It was the coolest thing ever, and in the back of my mind made me want to be an ice hockey fan. Fast forward to Christmas 2002 and D2 the Mighty Ducks was on TV. "Eh, this is OK" I thought, mildly disappointed that it had nothing to do with the cartoon besides sharing the name and the hockey. Then the duck mask logo appeared, and from there I began to more actively pursue my interest in this sport.

A little while after that I picked up NHL Hitz 20-02 for the GameCube. I remember the first thing I saw being the splash screen showing all 30 team logos... and there was that duck mask logo again. I laughed. It was as if it was following me around now. But I soon came to the realisation that the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim were a real team, and I went with them since it was basically them who introduced me to hockey. I think because of the way I was exposed to them I saw them as being the "default" team, like say Mario in a Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros videogame. I later came across the Ducks website, and at the time they were in the playoffs. The next time I checked the site out, they were the Western Conference Champions. It was as if I had some sort of mystical bond with them all along :lol:

These days the Ducks are pretty much my everything. And this year has been pretty good for me as a fan: I recently went out of my way to go to Anaheim and see the Honda Center in person, and of course visit the team store during my trip to Los Angeles back in June. And this past October after eight years of being a Ducks fan I finally got to see them live as they came over to Europe to open their season. Seeing the likes of Selanne, Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Parros, even Randy Carlyle in person was incredibly surreal. The best thing for me though, aside from them winning the game, was that they were in the third jersey, which meant the classic Mighty Ducks logo was on the ice for my first ever game :D

Chelmsford Chieftains - My local hockey team. It's mainly to get my fix, but I always go to see them play whenever I can. Occasionally I also go to see their farm team the Chelmsford Warriors play in the same rink: Chieftains games are usually busier, but Warriors games are much more intimate because very few people go to see them in comparison to the parent team, and the players on the ice are louder than anyone else in the rink. It's quite the experience.

Houston Texans - I briefly played for my University's American Football team, and at the time I felt it appropriate to develop an interest in the NFL. I went for the Texans purely because I like their logo and colour scheme. I'm more of a casual fan of the Texans and don't really pay much attention to them, though they're still my go-to team in the NFL. That said if this team ever folded I'd more than likely shrug my shoulders and shuffle over to another team.

LA Angels of Anaheim - During summer a couple of years back, I felt a random urge to look into baseball. I picked the Angels because I'd feel bad rooting against a team that plays in the same city and across the road from my beloved Ducks. Same deal with the Texans, I'm much more of a casual fan and don't pay anywhere near as much attention as I should.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Red Sox: Family brought me into it.

Bruins: Same

Celtics: Same

Patriots: Because it was local. My father was a Raiders fan.

Raiders: Because when I was young I wanted to please my father by supporting the team he supported.

Duke basketball: In addition to being a Raiders fan from Maine, my father was also a Duke fan from Maine.

Manchester United: Because I love Wayne Rooney.

Doncaster Rovers: In FIFA My Player mode, I would always choose a lesser-known team outside of the Premiership. I've chose Doncaster back in '09 because I like their kits, and I haven't looked back since.

Celtic FC: My Catholic heritage (though I'm an atheist now).

USC Trojans: I wanted to support a college football team outside of the dominant SEC.

spacer.png

OHL - Sudbury Wolves - hometown team.

CFL - Toronto Argonauts - closest team to me. Met Pinball after attending a game in 2008.

NBA - Phoenix Suns - Steve Nash

NHL - Philadelphia Flyers - I have family connections to the area, and I enjoy their style of play.

NFL - Green Bay Packers - being a shining example of how a small-market team can survive (and thrive) in a league of large-market teams, I applaud them for all of their success. I wish Sudbury had enough committment to follow suit with the NHL, but that's a pipe dream for now.

Also, they beat the Steelers in Dallas in February, and I have hated the Steelers since they were handed won SuperBowl 40 against the team I was cheering for at the time. I also hate the Patriots for the most common reasons people say they hate them.

MLB - I guess you could say I'm a Blue Jays fan, although honestly, I normally can't watch a full game in its entirety any more. The pace seems too slow. But I do have semi-vivid memories of watching their World Series triumphs with my dad back in '92 and '93. Pretty much as long as the Yankees fail to win the World Series, though, I'm a happy camper.

NLL - although I don't watch it nearly as much as I did during their dynasty years, the Toronto Rock. I went to a game back in 2007 for my birthday. It was the only time I have seen a regular season match of any kind at the Air Canada Centre, and since it's impossible to get Leafs tickets and unlikely I'll want Raptors tickets, might be the only reason I'll ever go there.

Due to me living in Utah, my teams are sort of scattered all over the place, but here goes:

Utah Jazz - Easy, hometown/homestate team, of course. It's hard to ever consider another team when 1) your childhood consisted of "Stockton to Malone!" and 2) the Jazz are seriously a Utah staple. If you're not a Jazz fan here, you're crazy. It's just how it goes here :D If you're a true Utahan, the Jazz run in your blood.

Real Salt Lake - When RSL first came to town, I didn't care much for soccer. Now, I watch it all the time. In the short time they've been here, RSL has become nearly as much a Utah staple as the Jazz. Utah is a very underrated soccer hotbed - many people don't realize just how HUGE soccer is here. All of my friends and family are very passionate RSL fans, so I'm around the subject of the team all the time. Plus, my dad works for Rio Tinto, which is the namesake of RSL's stadium. Every year, the company holds a party at the Stadium for employees and family in which you can meet the players and coaches. So, I've met a lot of the guys past and present - Williams, Kreis, Rimando, Mathis, the list goes on.

Los Angeles Dodgers - My grandfather grew up in Brooklyn and converted me to Dodger fandom by telling me incredible stories of watching Jackie, Pee Wee, The Duke, Campy, Gil, and Newk up close (his best story is of watching Jackie steal home. SO cool). He capped it off on my 15th birthday by buying me a Brooklyn Cooperstown collection cap and a box-set documentary about the Dodgers of the 40's and 50's. I've bled Dodger blue ever since.

Indianapolis Colts - It started out as a fandom for Peyton Manning, then eventually spread to the entire team. They're having a rough go right now and obviously Peyton is nearing the end unfortunately, but I've grown such a love for that team that I can't imagine myself cheering for anyone else.

Colorado Avalanche/Phoenix Coyotes/Anaheim Ducks - In hockey, my fandom is equally split between these three teams. Colorado, because I'd say their the most dominant team regarding number of fans here in Utah. I also loved Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic growing up. Phoenix, because I got a Coyotes jersey (the black "picassoyote" one) for my 12th birthday and started to follow them afterwards. Anaheim, because I was captivated by their 2003 cup run and they had one of my favorite identities in sports back then (some call the Disney look "gimmicky", but I thought it was unique and iconic).

University of Utah Utes - Growing up, I didn't really sway one way or the other regarding schools. That changed in 2004, when the Utes crashed the BCS. It was one of those captivating runs in sports that instantly sold me, and I've been a die-hard ever since. Plus, I had a crazy stepmom (now ex-stepmom, thank heavens) who was a BYU alum and crammed BYU down all us kids' throats at the time. And she was one of those really annoying BYU fans who thought because BYU was "God's school" that it was better than any school in the world, and had a really holier-than-thou attitude about it. She's the reason I can't stand BYU anymore, and certainly aided me in becoming a Utes fan :D

Utah State Aggies - Attended the school for two semesters last year, and was already a fan of the basketball team before that. It's one of those fanships that just sort of "happened". When college basketball season rolls around, they're my team (because the Utes are flat-out gosh-awful at baskeball. GOSH AWFUL.)

Stanford Cardinal (football) - One name: Andrew Luck. One of my favorite players in recent memory, he's had me cheering on the Cardinal football team throughout his career.

Air Force Falcons/Army Black Knights/Navy Midshipmen - Out of my upmost respect and love for our armed forces, I've rooted for the service academies for a long time and always wish them the best. Plus, I love watching those option offenses. SO fun.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Washington Capitals - Followed them since 2006. They were bad then, however, had and exceeded potential to become a relevant sports team in the DMV. Plus, had some guy named Ovechkin who helped make this team worth watching for awhile. They need to rekindle that spark.

Washington Nationals - Fan since 2005. Great that DC has baseball again, however, the Nats have played some awful baseball for a few seasons. However, last season was promising and 2012

D.C. United - I enjoy watching soccer, however, I am more concerned about losing this club to Baltimore or elsewhere.

New York Giants - My mother is a die-hard fan and it's great to talk to her about the performance of the team.

Ryan Newman - The man typically has the fast car in qualifying. He ran consistently this year and had a heated feud with JPM. It also helps that he's on Tony Stewart's team.

New Zealand All Blacks - Been a fan of their style of rugby since visiting New Zealand in 1999.

Blazers - Oregon?s only pro team so I have to root for them, I guess.

Um... the Timbers?

Also, an aside: Vinnie Jones is brilliant.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Well, here I go...

Seahawks/Mariners/Washington Huskies: I was originally born in Washington State. To me, that is where my loyalities lie. Loyality is important to me... I would never, ever, EVER turn my back from where I am originally from and the teams, even if they all suck (like in 2008).

Iowa State: To help fit in with where I live, which is Iowa. I would never, ever, EVER root for a Big Ten team (like Iowa). I grew up in Pac-10 country and if there is one thing I know is that the Big Ten (Plus 2) was all about the boring football... You know, 'three yards and a cloud of dust'.

Hurricanes: Somewhat random here. I remember getting a mug that had the Hurricanes on it, so I went with it.