Nike's Fan Jersey Discussion

DeFrank

Wanted to see everyone's opinion on the jerseys now for sale in the coming months. They almost look like soccer jersey's in these show pictures. Anybody care to share some real images? I think I'll probably pick up the "Limited" although I really wanted to get an RGIII or Luck jersey the day after the draft, but they wont be available. It's too bad. But do these look... good? Worse? Discuss.

GAME

GameJersey.png

LIMITED

Limited.png

ELITE

Elite.png

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without seeing them in person, I have to say that I like the Reebok replicas better than what NIKE is offering. For some reason they just look cheap and the fact they are $100.00 seems a little to pricey for me.

spacer.png

I feel like everybody is just freaking out over the lack of mesh for some reason.Isnt the body material on the new jersey cuts not mesh? I personally love nike's soccer jerseys (in terms of material) and the way they fit since im not an overly large person. Any move away from the dresses jerseys that RBK sold are a welcome change for me. As for the actual images, they look like terrible photoshop mockups. I wasnt too upset about how the pic of the denver replica (from the megathread) looked to be honest. I do hate that the prices got jacket way up

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

The Nike jerseys are going to be a Recycled Polyester material. It gives it a different sheen, and is almost a Dri-Fit style of cloth. Just a reminder, because IIRC the Reebok replicas were dazzle fabric and mesh.

From my background in Screen printing, the only thing i'm not pleased with is the Silicon numbers. I would have thought Nike would develop a lower grade "faux twill" application to go along with the jerseys, much like Adidas Swingman NBA jerseys.

I'll have to see them in person to really judge, but at this point, buying a replica, I would def. save up the cash and buy an Elite. If at least for the sleeve length :lol:

The Nike jerseys are going to be a Recycled Polyester material. It gives it a different sheen, and is almost a Dri-Fit style of cloth. Just a reminder, because IIRC the Reebok replicas were dazzle fabric and mesh.

From my background in Screen printing, the only thing i'm not pleased with is the Silicon numbers. I would have thought Nike would develop a lower grade "faux twill" application to go along with the jerseys, much like Adidas Swingman NBA jerseys.

I'll have to see them in person to really judge, but at this point, buying a replica, I would def. save up the cash and buy an Elite. If at least for the sleeve length :lol:

Exactly my impression of what these look like - a Dri-Fit tee with rubberized numbers. Looking at the real jerseys, maybe that's just the new normal.

I may use these as an IQ indicator because anyone who drops a hundred bucks on one of those needs their head examined.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Because I am a heaver guy, these jerseys look like they wont be all that comfortable or good looking on a big guy.

I figured out what I don't like, the jerseys look funny with a turtle neck under them.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Thing is, I say this as a girthy man myself, the old cut of fan jerseys wasn't flattering for my body type either. A couple of years ago I was looking at a picture of myself in a football jersey and started to feel like I was wearing a mumu. Regular t-shirts even look better on me than those jerseys (and they aren't exactly flattering). I may be big, but I don't like feeling like I'm wearing a small tent.

I think a lot of people are overreacting because of the lack of mesh on these. But if the real jerseys aren't going to use mesh as body of the jersey, the replicas shouldn't either. One thing I don't like is how the collars don't look anything like the actual design for teams with flywire, but they do the same thing for their basketball replicas, so I'm not really surprised. I think people's opinion on these might change once they actually see and feel the jersey in person. I know I won't be buying one until I get to see what they look like in person and feel what the quality of material they use to make these. It will also be interesting to see what the Limited style looks lik.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Reebok>Nike

It seems if they can't get every team to change to navy or black, they'll make them duller(pants/jersey) probably helmets soon. Why? What was wrong with shinny unis/helmets? Nothing! Now almost all the grey pants don't match the silver helmets.

The new style uni(replicas) looks like my step dad's high school poly jersey from the 70's. The authetics w/ the sweat gut/pits will look bad too. If you watch college you know this. Horse collar thing looks horrible. I'm still pondering to just hang all throwbacks or currents that match up w/ the 80s style unis(except w/ wordmark on some) over having to buy new, seahawks(everything changed), panthers(logo change), bears(numbers moved), chiefs(numbers/stripes moved), lions(got rid of neck stripes) jerseys. Might need to get a rams too. they've turned the white stripe into a border for the gold instead of being a stripe itself.

IF you look at the nike catalog i think it would be possible to make a DIY jersey very similar to the on field jersey for cheaper than the "elite jersey". I'm not sure i'd want a real tapered jersey, but i'm really skinny so i don't like the way fan jerseys look, so i might. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a jersey numbered/lettered but high quality??

also kinda unrelated but in the catalog those new socks that all the college teams were wearing have that padding that the new nfl socks have

http://niketeam.nike.com/niketeamsports/content/pdf/catalog_thumbs/fall_2012/mens/football.pdf

Archived