2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

If you haven't seen the Chargers, here's a look. Differences; stripe on the bottom of the sock, half collar gone, and gold nameplate.

tempSEAvsSD_080813__286--nfl_mezz_1280_1

Big upgrade. It doesn't completely expunge the problems with this set, but it places more emphasis on yellow over light blue so they're not sharing equal space anymore. The Chargers are now a navy and yellow team with light blue accents, which looks better than what they've been, a navy-yellow-light blue team.

You know what--I really do think the Spanii need to gon' and fold their collective hand on this navy thing and give their fans what they really want. When the wall decorations, coaches' polos and jackets, the freaking towel boy, and about 75% of the fans in the stands are all swathed out in primarily "powder" blue, and the team in the field is not, it's pretty daggone obvious what needs to happen...they just need to gon' ahead and do that.

/this from one who preferred navy/yellow

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you haven't seen the Chargers, here's a look. Differences; stripe on the bottom of the sock, half collar gone, and gold nameplate.

Big upgrade. It doesn't completely expunge the problems with this set, but it places more emphasis on yellow over light blue so they're not sharing equal space anymore. The Chargers are now a navy and yellow team with light blue accents, which looks better than what they've been, a navy-yellow-light blue team.

You know what--I really do think the Spanii need to gon' and fold their collective hand on this navy thing and give their fans what they really want. When the wall decorations, coaches' polos and jackets, the freaking towel boy, and about 75% of the fans in the stands are all swathed out in primarily "powder" blue, and the team in the field is not, it's pretty daggone obvious what needs to happen...they just need to gon' ahead and do that.

/this from one who preferred navy/yellow

I'd be fine if they wanted to go light blue and yellow with small navy blue accents (and no yellow pants. For the love of god people, stop posting concepts with yellow pants). I just think it works better now as a navy blue uniform than it did before.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It doesn't completely expunge the problems with this set, but it places more emphasis on yellow over light blue so they're not sharing equal space anymore.

That's not a good thing. The majority of fans want classic Chargers powder blue to make a comeback. The Fouts-era royal blue is a distant second in popularity. I don't know any Charger fan who likes the boring-ass navy they've been wearing for the past 20 years or so.

The navy gear is just yet another symbol of the Spanos family's stubbornness that also led to embarrassments like siding with Beathard over Ross, hiring Norv, the infamous "take a chill pill" letter to fans, etc.

Uniform traditionalists should be thankful that Alex Spanos' bid to buy the Niners in the '70s fell apart at the last second. Knowing him, they'd be wearing boring dark red uniforms without any gold.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Jags need to go to an all gold helmet without any striping. It would be unique and make the rest of that set serviceable.

The Vikings, as much as I loathe them, look good. 1000% better than the previous set.

I like the Chargers changes a lot. The yellow nameplate looks MUCH better than I thought it would.

The Dolphins still look like a box of contact lenses.

Did anyone else notice this preseason that certain teams changed their jersey templates from what they had last season to something more along the lines of what Bama wore for the national championship. The mesh behind name plates is what made me notice that.

Which teams? I've been looking to see if any teams switched to that template, but haven't noticed any yet. Did the whole team switch or are just a few players testing the new template?

The yellow stripe on the socks make that chargers set so much nicer.

My biggest problem with the Chargers' current (as of last year) set was that the navy road pants on top of navy socks looked like hot garbage:

ryan-mathews-cut.jpg

If they can fix the road socks in a similar fashion - make them primarily white with yellow and possibly blue accents, or something, to avoid the unitard look and the white panel just stopping at the sock - then I'll officially become a fan of this set.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Also, Dennisbergan, add another team to the list of teams wearing the very "unfashionable" sock stripes. Eat it.

Lipstick on a pig.

Also, Dennisbergan, add another team to the list of teams wearing the very "unfashionable" sock stripes. Eat it.

Yellow pants will help

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Also, cocks.

What?

------

The "Bears have returned to white cleats" thing is a bit of a misnomer. I think they just don't care what the players wear. Half the cleats are multi-colored. From left to right you have black/white, navy/orange, and white (unless the tape job is covering up a similar half black/white cleat).

tumblr_mrbyv9Ldzz1r7lvf8o1_1280.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

RIP Florida football uniforms. Bucs don't have enough juice to save you.

1009833_10151705072603666_1357826929_n.j

Helmet aside, put white pants with those jerseys and I think the Jags would look pretty decent. There's no hope for that helmet. Miami is...boring. The Dolphins look is not bad enough, or good enough, to get excited about.

BB52Big.jpg

Yellow pants will help

... Help them go from looking like an Arena League team to looking like a high school rip-off of an Arena League team, yes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yellow pants will help

Yellow pants would be a beauty and would greatly help this travesty of a uniform.

Archived