New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Took a long ass time to trace it perfectly in Illustrator but...

MinnesotaNumbers_zps3d6ce898.png

I'm calling BS...that looks EXACTLY like page 3 of the logo slick. The mechanical art. Every detail is exact - from the spacing between the two digits, to the spacing between each set. Exact.

All, except the colors...Tan background???

Well, it's not an EXACT copy. Used that as a "base" to trace it. The "tan" background is the flesh tone* color in the face on the Vikings logo.

*at least I think it's still called "Flesh Tone"

No - they call it Tan.

Sorry, I dont think I phrased my question correctly. What I mean to say was... Why are those numbers outlined.

Not sure. But yeah there is a gold outline that I threw in there. There is no outline on the actual jersey, either

Not sure? What do you mean you're not sure. You're the one that outlined them, right? And, if you made these, why did you put them on the tan background?

It's all pretty weird.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked out the new logo slick, looks like they did change the purple for the spot (logo) color, but the textile stayed the same.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Just checked out the new logo slick, looks like they did change the purple for the spot (logo) color, but the textile stayed the same.

That was changed in 2010.

Hey, ColorWerx, do you have any similar graphics of the pants stripe, home and road? I'm having trouble getting a handle on the proportions, color by color.

For some reason, the measurements are left off of the on-field guide. I'll post when I get them.

The 2012 sheet listed 2685 while the new one had 268, thats what i was going off of.

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

The 2012 sheet listed 2685 while the new one had 268, thats what i was going off of.

It briefly changed to 2685 (a prior value), but then was corrected a week or two later.

It briefly changed to 2685 (a prior value), but then was corrected a week or two later.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

Took a long ass time to trace it perfectly in Illustrator but...

MinnesotaNumbers_zps3d6ce898.png

I'm calling BS...that looks EXACTLY like page 3 of the logo slick. The mechanical art. Every detail is exact - from the spacing between the two digits, to the spacing between each set. Exact.

All, except the colors...Tan background???

Well, it's not an EXACT copy. Used that as a "base" to trace it. The "tan" background is the flesh tone* color in the face on the Vikings logo.

*at least I think it's still called "Flesh Tone"

No - they call it Tan.

Sorry, I dont think I phrased my question correctly. What I mean to say was... Why are those numbers outlined.

Not sure. But yeah there is a gold outline that I threw in there. There is no outline on the actual jersey, either

Not sure? What do you mean you're not sure. You're the one that outlined them, right? And, if you made these, why did you put them on the tan background?

It's all pretty weird.

There is no outline on the actual jerseys. It's just in the mechanical art. The tan background was something I added in there for a "nicer" look.

When do we start finding out if a team is using throwbacks or not? Because I saw a comment on youtube saying they heard from someone within the Vikings that nike will be using a 70's throwback this year... Not that I'm taking a youtube comment for fact but it got me thinking.

There is no outline on the actual jerseys. It's just in the mechanical art. The tan background was something I added in there for a "nicer" look.

The implied outline in that mechanical artwork makes me wonder if they had been contemplating something like this:

MinnesotaVikings_PropNumerals_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

And just wondering - why were you tracing the mechanical art in the first place? Did you just have a raster version of it or something?

The implied outline in that mechanical artwork makes me wonder if they had been contemplating something like this:

And just wondering - why were you tracing the mechanical art in the first place? Did you just have a raster version of it or something?

thats actually not bad

6hrq0k.png

It was an .eps version.

It was an .eps version.

Thats still vector last i checked....

Just thought I’d relate a story, based on a conversation I had earlier today… kind of a nice contrast between the mindset of the CCSL world and the “real” world. I have a semi-friend (husband of my wife’s best friend) who is also a big Viking fan, and I saw him today for the first time in about 6 weeks. He tells me he’s very excited that the Vikings are (I’m quoting here) “going to wear their throwbacks full time now.” I say, no, they’re getting brand new uniforms. He says, yeah, but they’re just new versions of the throwbacks. So, of course, I start to explain just a few of the numerous ways in which these new uniforms are nothing like the throwbacks. I’m not even done talking before I start to get the here-we-go-again eye roll from him. And then he says (quote again) “yeah, they’re not exact, I guess, but, you know… plain white numbers, stripes on the sleeves… they're basically the throwbacks, right?”

I changed the subject.

I have similar experiences with my roommates. I analyze the uniforms in the soccer games they watch on TV and they're slightly amused that I care so much. I ask em if they'd like to see their favorite teams change their identities and they shut up. Most people tend to not realize how much they really do care about sports uniforms and don't like hearing it ;)

Midway.png

Just thought I’d relate a story, based on a conversation I had earlier today… kind of a nice contrast between the mindset of the CCSL world and the “real” world. I have a semi-friend (husband of my wife’s best friend) who is also a big Viking fan, and I saw him today for the first time in about 6 weeks. He tells me he’s very excited that the Vikings are (I’m quoting here) “going to wear their throwbacks full time now.” I say, no, they’re getting brand new uniforms. He says, yeah, but they’re just new versions of the throwbacks. So, of course, I start to explain just a few of the numerous ways in which these new uniforms are nothing like the throwbacks. I’m not even done talking before I start to get the here-we-go-again eye roll from him. And then he says (quote again) “yeah, they’re not exact, I guess, but, you know… plain white numbers, stripes on the sleeves… they're basically the throwbacks, right?”

I changed the subject.

I've been in conversations similar to this and literally wanted to physically assault the person before it was done. I always have to remind myself that not everyone is a crazed and obsessed uniform/logo nerd.

Archived