New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

Here's how the official helmet graphic is depicted:

JacksonvilleJaguars_HRS0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Obviously not accurate compared to what was unveiled yesterday, but IMO - looks better.

Not that these helmets look better then a all black helmet but I like the one shown yesterday better then the helmet file you have. It looks copper and doesn't really match the uniform colors

Agreed. Some angles almost made it look like Tampa Bay pewter.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that these helmets look better then a all black helmet but I like the one shown yesterday better then the helmet file you have. It looks copper and doesn't really match the uniform colors

The Gold (gradient portion) in the helmet is the same shade of Gold used in the uniforms. What's now even more odd, is the usage of the alternate Metallic Gold in the darker Gold portions of the logo...it clashes a little bit with the Gold in the helmet.

The uniforms all use the darker Gold as uniform trim. The Light Gold (the only new color in the palette) is relegated to logos only. Doesn't appear anywhere else in the uniforms or helmets.

vrAWA3d.jpg

You can see the overspray. Terrible execution. This looks like the equipment manager got a bunch of gold helmets, then ran to Home Depot for several cans of matte black Krylon. That particular shade of black and the "thickness" of the coat almost makes it look like those heat-resistant spray paints that you use on barbeque grills and brake calipers.

I'm sure that gradients aren't that easy to produce on a real, 3-dimensional object, but this just looks bush league. Definitely not NFL caliber.

I can't unsee the spray painting gonig on, especially where the ear hole is still gold since it is blocked from getting painted. How much of this black will chip off during a game, making the helmets even more mis-matched?

Nike/Khan/HGI - That's just the sun shining through the shadows on our proud hunter.

Me - 'scuse me while I go lose my lunch.

It's where I sit.

Reminds me of the Bengals helmet I made

DSC_0575.jpg

I spray painted that myself in my basement. Looks better than Jacksonville's real helmets and I would never ever want the Bengals to actually wear this helmet.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I still think Goodell might veto this helmet once they see it in on the field. I could see it posing all sorts of unwanted problems for players on the field. In direct sunlight, these things might cause seizures.

I really hope Goodell puts down the banhammer on two-tone helmets going forward, especially those with a GRADIENT.

These uniforms have already been approved by the league. There is no way in hell the NFL orders these helmets to be dropped just because they look like crap. The one thing which might change after the first year is the teal jersey's numbers being changed to white, because the black numbers are going to dissapear in sunlight. Other than that, this is the set the Jaguars are going to wear for exactly five seasons until Nike designs them the newest uniforms to take the franchise in another completely different direction visually.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't get what the deal is with the helmets they had at the event. Were they last minute paint jobs? If you look at any of the other photos of the helmet from before the event the color fade is much better and isn't just a straight line;

jaghelmet.0_standard_709.0.png

From that angle, the air vent looks like the neck line of the jaguar.

After having 24 hours to digest it...I've decided that the only 2 things about this set that really offend me is the helmet (it's college/arena football quality. They would've been much better off keeping the old helmet shell design (except for putting the new Jaguar head on it, of course.)) & the JAGS patch. Other than that, it's not bad? It's definitely ahead of most of the "modern" looks we saw Reebok churn out. It's definitely an upgrade over their old unis, which just seemed way too boring for a team trying to look modern. If you're gonna go modern, don't half-ass it, which is what their last set did.

Definitely not my favorite, but it's not awful.

Why so much hate for the JAGS patch? It no different than what Florida does with the gator head over the heart on their football unis. It is just because this is the first time (i think) this has been done in the pros? I really like it. If the Falcons did something like this for us ATL fans i'd be ecstatic. Its even better that they could come up with a secondary logo that perfect fits their fan base and community.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Why so much hate for the JAGS patch? It no different than what Florida does with the gator head over the heart on their football unis. It is just because this is the first time (i think) this has been done in the pros? I really like it. If the Falcons did something like this for us ATL fans i'd be ecstatic. Its even better that they could come up with a secondary logo that perfect fits their fan base and community.

it's remarkably stupid and short-sighted considering they want to be London's team and are prohibited from wearing said patch whilst playing in London. = Redesign fail.

In addition they had to flip the jaguar head from the originally unveiled shield logo. Double fail.

Jets and Steelers have logos in the same spot on the front of their jersey. The uniforms are fine. The helmet I can see people hating.

I think the Seahawks design is more modern and made more sense.

while the seahawks design is not my favorite it at least has some cohesion to it...the designers at least took some time to balance the colors and come up with some unique patterns...the jags uniform is just an over done color blocked paint by numbers mess and the helmet is an unmitigated disaster.

it's remarkably stupid and short-sighted considering they want to be London's team and are prohibited from wearing said patch whilst playing in London. = Redesign fail.

In addition they had to flip the jaguar head from the originally unveiled shield logo. Double fail.

But they're not London's team. They're Jacksonville's team. It doesn't matter if they sell out Wembley once a year when they play there, the Brits are going to come no matter who is playing or what they're wearing. Very restricted supply = stupid high demand. They could come out wearing Seattle's Rave Green uni and the Brits would still love it. That being said, they still play 7 games a year at Everbank Field. If they want the people of Jacksonville to come out and support them then they have to appeal to them. If they Jags want to make a profit and stay in Jacksonville (which is exactly what Khan wants to do) then they need to do things for their fan base, not people with bad dental care. So I have to disagree, the JAGS patch is far from short sighted.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Archived