nash61

Rare team matchups

On 12/1/2017 at 3:01 PM, MCM0313 said:

In terms of career longevity he is looking like the second coming of Birdie Howe.

This right here is why I hate autocorrect.

I can't find photos, but the only time the Tennessee Oilers played the pewter Bucs was in November 1998. Did get some blurry screenshots from a video of a long TD run by Steve McNair. The interesting part is that they wore white pants this game as well.

2rdet5u.jpg

166i244.jpg

^ As a matter of fact, in their last year as the Tennessee Oilers, the team wore all-white for all games.

Looks like any Nuggets game from last season can be added to this list. 

On 12/4/2017 at 2:59 PM, Griffinmarlins said:

I can't find photos, but the only time the Tennessee Oilers played the pewter Bucs was in November 1998. Did get some blurry screenshots from a video of a long TD run by Steve McNair. The interesting part is that they wore white pants this game as well.

2rdet5u.jpg

166i244.jpg

The white-on-white combo was the only set worn by the Tennessee Oilers in their lame-duck season under that name in 1998.

24 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

The white-on-white combo was the only set worn by the Tennessee Oilers in their lame-duck season under that name in 1998.

Just to be clear: Are you asserting they only wore white over white in 1998? If so, I believe that's right. Or are you saying the whole time they were known as the Tennessee Oilers? That was for two seasons, and in 1997, they wore blue twice. Once against the Dolphins, and once at the Cowboys.

TENvDAL1997.jpg

I just wanted to make sure I understood what you meant.

2 hours ago, johnnysama said:

I was talking about the Bucs wearing white pants in this scenario. 

2 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Just to be clear: Are you asserting they only wore white over white in 1998? If so, I believe that's right. Or are you saying the whole time they were known as the Tennessee Oilers? That was for two seasons, and in 1997, they wore blue twice. Once against the Dolphins, and once at the Cowboys.

TENvDAL1997.jpg

I just wanted to make sure I understood what you meant.

I was clarifying that the Oilers wore white-on-white only in their last season under that name in 1998. Sorry for the confusion. It's too bad, those blue jerseys were beauties.

55 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

I was clarifying that the Oilers wore white-on-white only in their last season under that name in 1998. Sorry for the confusion. It's too bad, those blue jerseys were beauties.

Got it. And no kidding, those were excellent uniforms.

I always really liked the Tennessee Oilers uni patch for whatever reason:

Tennesseeoilersinauguralpatch.png