NBA as Football (30/30 Bucks Added)

JPDesign

Jazz: Pretty good consider you're working with the worst color scheme in professional sports, good call not flipping the note logo, if you would've gone back to the late-90's, light blue-purple era I would've fallen out of my chair.

Denver: I like the home and away, their decent, but the alternate blows everything dead in the water. Bonus points for the rainbow sleeve striping, that alt is very, very cruel. Now I can drink to that. :huh:

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I have trouble with reading comprehension, and we haven't discussed this 30 times yet... I think it'd be reeeeeeeeeeally cool if you changed the basketballs to footballs.

Loving the series so far. Every now and then there's a really great crossover series, and this is one of them. You've put in a lot of attention to detail, and made a few uniforms look great that I'd never expect (Portland, for example).

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Now that the Northwest division is finished, we move to the Southwest. The first team up, the Houston Rockets. They were a bit of a challenge because of their shoulder loops. Just translating that design to football turned out really odd. So I did a bit of a modernization of a classic. I tapered traditional shoulder stripes to mimic the Rockets uniform. For the alternate I wanted it to have that faux-back look, as their current set does. So while it has traditional throwback elements (ex: old helmet logo, grey facemask, etc.), it also has some modern flare (ex: pants stripe curving at the bottom).

NauNVF2.png

POIrogF.png

KK8VsK2.png

Houston looks great. Only change for me would be the logo on the alternate. The home and away are great. I love the pant and shoulder striping. Maybe a pair of gray pants would look good. I also think maybe a stripe flair on the back of the helmet similar to the bottom of the pant legs would look good and add some continuity.

You improved them between basketball and football. Way more official looking. More good stripes, espiecially creative ones on the pants. The stripes on the helmet go well with the logo. I like the grey, but add a little more white. If it's not as good, drop the white, just a suggestion. The alternate is incrediable, love the way you did those shoulders, the red logo on the yellow backround.

This entire thread is purely awesome. Love, love, love it. I only have one request, and that is to have The Greek Freak, Giannis Antetokounmpo, be one of the names for the Bucks uniforms. :P

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Next from the Southwest Division is the Memphis Grizzlies. Here's one where I made a slight change to the team's real uniforms. I made the light blue alt. the primary home uniform because I wanted to play with using a shoulder yoke. The other tweak is that I brought back the inline numbers that were ditched with the move to the Rev 30 uniforms...but I don't think anyone will have a problem with that. ;) Lastly, we have a gorgeous (IMHO) Tams throwback.

BXopF0b.png

DKokiIk.png

POZmOCN.png

Next from the Southwest Division is the Memphis Grizzlies. Here's one where I made a slight change to the team's real uniforms. I made the light blue alt. the primary home uniform because I wanted to play with using a shoulder yoke. The other tweak is that I brought back the inline numbers that were ditched with the move to the Rev 30 uniforms...but I don't think anyone will have a problem with that. ;) Lastly, we have a gorgeous (IMHO) Tams throwback.

BXopF0b.png

DKokiIk.png

POZmOCN.png

Looks really good. I think it would look better with navy pants on the powder blue and then a yellow facemask on the helmet. Maybe the stadium numbers on the powder blue set as yellow as well.

Archived