New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Maybe I'm nitpicking here, but what color is the outermost outline? Grey? Is that necessary? I feel like orange, white and brown suffice, and hope nothing else is added to their color scheme. And yes, their facemask is included in this :D

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm nitpicking here, but what color is the outermost outline? Grey? Is that necessary? I feel like orange, white and brown suffice, and hope nothing else is added to their color scheme. And yes, their facemask is included in this :D

It's to get people to stop complaining about a gray facemask when there's none in the rest of the uniform.

• 4 weeks later...

Wasn't the consensus on here when the Seahawks new uniforms came out that they, too, were a train wreck? I'm pretty sure the sentiment has turned around on that one, too.

Honestly, if the Lions can win a Super Bowl, I wouldnt care if they were dressed like Hello Kitty.

I nominate this for post of the day, retroactive to the day it was made.....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

WFNY has the following rumor:

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2014/04/are-the-browns-jerseys-going-grey-while-were-waiting/

"The design that looks like it’s going to be chosen can best be described as a happy medium between Minnesota and Seattle.

Let’s start with the helmet. A flat matte finish in a color I can only describe as “candy orange” with a matching color facemask and sublimated striping enhances the look of the helmet without sacrificing it’s iconic image.

The Jersey is candy orange with silver accents and brown trim. A custom block font is meant to invoke a blue collar feel. The stripes are subliminated and higher up on the sleeve, kind of like large spaghetti straps.

There are three different pairs of pants, Orange, gray and Brown. There is no Brown jersey, but rather a gray with orange chrome accents and white with the same. The pants have the same sublimated striping as the helmet and jerseys."

Reddit is listed as the source, so I would not read too much into it. Plus I dont get where they say The jersey is candy orange with silver accents and brown trim. There is no brown jersey, but rather a gray with orange chrome accents and white with the same. Unless he meant to say that there are no brown pants.

EDIT: Going to call total BS. Sounds a little too close to the new Tennessee uniforms. Know there's the Haslam connection there, but doubt the Browns would try to look like them:

What in the world is "candy orange" ???

Relax cupcake. It was a joke......

But seriously - is there any reason the Browns couldn't go with a script "Browns" on the helmet? Kind of like (but not the same as) the Florida Gators use "Gators" on their helmets?

And while we are at it - does anyone have a color-corrected version of whatever the Browns are calling their current primary logo?

WFNY has the following rumor:

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2014/04/are-the-browns-jerseys-going-grey-while-were-waiting/

"The design that looks like it’s going to be chosen can best be described as a happy medium between Minnesota and Seattle.

Let’s start with the helmet. A flat matte finish in a color I can only describe as “candy orange” with a matching color facemask and sublimated striping enhances the look of the helmet without sacrificing it’s iconic image.

The Jersey is candy orange with silver accents and brown trim. A custom block font is meant to invoke a blue collar feel. The stripes are subliminated and higher up on the sleeve, kind of like large spaghetti straps.

There are three different pairs of pants, Orange, gray and Brown. There is no Brown jersey, but rather a gray with orange chrome accents and white with the same. The pants have the same sublimated striping as the helmet and jerseys."

Reddit is listed as the source, so I would not read too much into it. Plus I dont get where they say The jersey is candy orange with silver accents and brown trim. There is no brown jersey, but rather a gray with orange chrome accents and white with the same. Unless he meant to say that there are no brown pants.

EDIT: Going to call total BS. Sounds a little too close to the new Tennessee uniforms. Know there's the Haslam connection there, but doubt the Browns would try to look like them:

What in the world is "candy orange" ???

1630.jpg

But seriously - is there any reason the Browns couldn't go with a script "Browns" on the helmet? Kind of like (but not the same as) the Florida Gators use "Gators" on their helmets?

And while we are at it - does anyone have a color-corrected version of whatever the Browns are calling their current primary logo?

Why would they? They have one of the most unique helmets in the league and why screw that up?

spacer.png

You know I'm the only one doing this...!:

ClevelandBrowns_PMK0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB.p

ClevelandBrowns_PMK0101a_2013_SCC_SRGB.p

ClevelandBrowns_PMK0102a_2013_SCC_SRGB.p

Why would they? They have one of the most unique helmets in the league and why screw that up?

Being unique doesn't make it good. Even if they screw it up, it would still be an improvement....

tigercatssignature-1.png

Being unique doesn't make it good. Even if they screw it up, it would still be an improvement....

in this case it is good. Having a logo less helmet is the main identifier of the team. If they change that they lose everything that made them the browns

I don't see them going without a brown jersey. Their name is the 'Browns' after all, not the Oranges.

The Columbus Blue Jackets should never wear a full-time jersey that isn't blue, just like the Red Sox should always have well....red sox.

I don't see them going without a brown jersey. Their name is the 'Browns' after all, not the Oranges.

The Columbus Blue Jackets should never wear a full-time jersey that isn't blue, just like the Red Sox should always have well....red sox.

And the White Sox should always have... oh, wait...

Except the fact they're not named after a color like these other teams, but rather Paul Brown. Kinda wish he had a different last name.

Except the fact they're not named after a color like these other teams, but rather Paul Brown. Kinda wish he had a different last name.
Actually the team is named in honor of the former football team that played in Cleveland, which was named the Browns for Paul brown.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually the team is named in honor of the former football team that played in Cleveland, which was named the Browns for Paul brown.

Regardless, the name of the team is a color so it only makes sense that the team's primary uniform is that color.

Archived