MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Twins hat giveaway.

https://www.facebook.com/Twins/videos/vb.45991614840/10153266362114841/?type=2&theater

They are giving away a Twins cap in Rays colors. At a game against the Rays. Brilliant!

I made the post above about the Twins having "cap night" with a giveaway of a Twins cap with Rays colors.

Vs. the Rays...

200_cap1.png

They just keep on doing it...

10995644_10153268546529841_8458650899499

At least it's not against the Reds.

Since the Twins are playng the Cardinals, they should break out the 1987 uniforms.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Astros and Rangwrs have done the same thing as the Twins in the past. College nights with a hat give away matching the school colors (A&M, Texas. Baylor, Tech, TCU, etc.). Never remember them matching the visiting team they were facing though.

Astros and Rangwrs have done the same thing as the Twins in the past. College nights with a hat give away matching the school colors (A&M, Texas. Baylor, Tech, TCU, etc.). Never remember them matching the visiting team they were facing though.

This is actually pretty cool. The Marlins haven't done a giveaway but the team store has Marlins caps in the colors of the big Florida universities (FIU, UM, Florida State, UF, and a couple others) and I believe they sell pretty well. The Marlins logo, with its multiple colors, is as good as any to convert into multiple caps for marketing purposes as these work.

But yeah, doing this concept using the actual visiting team's colors is astronomically stupid.

The Twins did one for the U of Minnesota this year with a maroon and gold hat. It was ugly but at least did not represent the opponents colors (Whoever it was)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Twins did one for the U of Minnesota this year with a maroon and gold hat. It was ugly but at least did not represent the opponents colors (Whoever it was)

Yeah, it's pretty common for teams to give away hats in the colors of nearby teams. The White Sox have done hats with the colors and logos of the Bulls, Blackhawks and Illinois. But it's still dumb to do random colors for no reason and have those colors coincide with an opponent which wears those colors.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Not as bad an idea as the White Sox going with the colors royal blue and white in 1969-70. "Chicago was always a Cubs town herp-a-derp" was not true, as both teams alternated as top dog back then, but it was still a terrible idea when their market competitor had been wearing royal blue for the past forty years.

Yeah, but team colors just didn't mean as much in those days before mass merchandising. Teams didn't "own" color schemes in the modern sense in those days before fans started showing up to the ballpark in matching caps, tshirts, jacket, hoodies...

These beautiful uniforms will be worn tonight:

luisgonzalez1220.jpg

I just might have to get a jersey and the matching cap!

(Obligatory clip of the 2001 WS Game 7 walk off bloop single)

Yikes, check out those roided up arms...

kGFTWyb.png

I'm a sucker for vests and only if it's done right. The Rox have a horrible one. What the DBacks had from their WS run was nice. Heck, even the Rangers alternate gray vest was nice. I like vests to be kept either white or gray. No colored vests please.

I'd make one exception:

163494723BM_Angels_Athletics0014-575x422

I know its a bit gaudy, I know that the gold pants are controversial, but I just love everything about this uniform. It also helps that the A's equipment managers made sure the jerseys were cut like actual vests instead of the sleeveless look.

luisgonzalez1220.jpg

Holy :censored:! I remembered him as a scrawny guy not friggin Popeye!

I'm a sucker for vests and only if it's done right. The Rox have a horrible one. What the DBacks had from their WS run was nice. Heck, even the Rangers alternate gray vest was nice. I like vests to be kept either white or gray. No colored vests please.

I'd make one exception:

I know its a bit gaudy, I know that the gold pants are controversial, but I just love everything about this uniform. It also helps that the A's equipment managers made sure the jerseys were cut like actual vests instead of the sleeveless look.

I think that as long as the sleeves are darker than the vest, it's a good look. It still goes on a case-by-case basis, but some colored ones were done right.

spacer.png

I'd make one exception:

I think that as long as the sleeves are darker than the vest, it's a good look. It still goes on a case-by-case basis, but some colored ones were done right.

That's just beautiful. Green and Gold go so well together that more team in other leagues should embrace that scheme.

I'd make one exception:

I'm not sure about other colors, but I think the A's one is actually pretty good. Gold can be used as a substitute for white, so for that reason I feel like it works. Same reason I'm a fan of gold sanis being worn under stirrups.

Man those Arizona throwbacks look excellent. I don't despise the current uniforms beyond the atrocious wordmark and I actually love the Sedona Red color but seeing the '01 vests in action again makes me want them back fulltime. Like, I knew they were good but didn't realize just how good until seeing them again tonight.

luisgonzalez1220.jpg

Holy :censored:! I remembered him as a scrawny guy not friggin Popeye!

I didn't even notice that when I first glanced at the photo. Holy crap. His arms look like he's in the process of doing a lat pulldown. Unless he happened to be flexing every muscle in his upper body the moment the pick was taken, this guy was even more of a steroid freak than I previously thought.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'd make one exception:

Yeah the A's usually are the one exception since they are known for having crazy colors and combos. But as stated earlier, the gold is like a substitute for white so it works well in this case.

EDIT: Come to think of it. This vest only works because of the matching pants. If the A's were to pull this off with their standard white pants, I dont want part of it. A vest really works if it matches the pants. If it doesn't, it just looks out of place to me.

Go A's!

Archived