MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't the city name absence a way to try and get fans from DC as well?

Pretty much. Most people blamed Angelos, but it started in the early 70s, shortly after the Senators moved to Texas. Angelos just dragged his feet making the switch.

Interesting idea making the rounds -- asking the Orioles to wear "Baltimore" on their home uniforms when they return home on May 11th (IIRC). I'm curious to see if it gains any traction.

Baltimore was torn about by a bad situation. There are many ways to look at the situation as it happened, but in the end, as people now joyously party in the streets, I don't think the entire city of Baltimore needs to be condemned for what happened. If they want to show a strong and united front as a city, I agree with the move.

This is how I feel. The idea would be to unify a city that has been divided, not to reward the looters.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Wasn't the city name absence a way to try and get fans from DC as well?

Pretty much. Most people blamed Angelos, but it started in the early 70s, shortly after the Senators moved to Texas. Angelos just dragged his feet making the switch.

Interesting idea making the rounds -- asking the Orioles to wear "Baltimore" on their home uniforms when they return home on May 11th (IIRC). I'm curious to see if it gains any traction.

Baltimore was torn about by a bad situation. There are many ways to look at the situation as it happened, but in the end, as people now joyously party in the streets, I don't think the entire city of Baltimore needs to be condemned for what happened. If they want to show a strong and united front as a city, I agree with the move.

This is how I feel. The idea would be to unify a city that has been divided, not to reward the looters.

Baltimore is going to be divided for some time, and changing the script won't be a catalyst in fixing anything. Partying in the streets after six officers were charged doesn't mean everything is A-OK.

Orioles would be smart to wear black armbands as a memorial and remembrance.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Twins hat giveaway.

https://www.facebook.com/Twins/videos/vb.45991614840/10153266362114841/?type=2&theater

They are giving away a Twins cap in Rays colors. At a game against the Rays. Brilliant!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

did you all see this ? .

. The Black Jersey SF Giants

Awesome spot but I think all of us on here would agree that for accuracy they should have tossed the road alternates in the washer lol. But I'm just nitpicking. Cool ad despite my dislike of that jersey.

Red Sox are wearing '79 throwbacks tonight vs, Rays. Wondering if the Rays will pull out their fauxbacks too.

I think it's 1975 throwbacks. (1979 is when they abandoned the pullovers. The Bucky Dent game was thus the last game in which they were worn.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

While they could've very well had gone with an all-orange "SF" and number on them, the Giants black alts aren't all that bad.

The only thing I like about them is that they're black. My problems:

1) Color-on-color logos and numbers. Not only that, but the orange outline is extremely thin.

2) No gold dropshadow, which is a major consitency issue. Even the cluttered orange jersey has the gold dropshadow.

3) The piping. It uses a single stripe of orange on the placket and then goes with the double-strip on the sleeve edges. They didn't even bother to keep it consistent with the existing "SF" alt, which uses offset piping on the sleeves.

4) The simplistic patch doesn't fit in well with the rest of the logo set.

5) The solid SF on the cap and the outlined SF on the jersey.

The piping/striping matches the other SF alternate:

giants_013.jpg

I don't believe so. That jersey has offset piping on the sleeve, whereas the piping on the black uni is right on the edge of the sleeve.

pMLB2-19881659dt.jpg

Theory: Notice how the orange on the SF is different from the piping. I wonder if they stayed away from solid orange on the SF because the difference was too glaring (its already annoying enough as is).

Also would've liked to see more gold.

Archived