MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably because you were at the game, and not watching on TV. :)

Not sure that it would be readable from a distance... but maybe you had really good seats. Noticeable, but not necessarily obvious.

Yeah I was in the front row in right behind 1st. It just gose to show that you can miss the most obvious or noticeable things when you're not looking for it.

While I was there I was also able to get a good look at the Padres whites and if the Padres don't go back brown I wouldnt mine their current colors just wish they find away to incorporate that sand color more.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Hopefully it will look better than last year's model. Why not just wear a flapless batting helmet, like the base coaches do?

CAPSsilo-master315.jpg

First base coaches don't have to wind up and throw a baseball at 98 mph. You'd need a chinstrap on those flapless helmets.

I would choose the chinstrap...or a shoestring...or a piece of fishing twine...or anything.

After I initially replied last night, I ran across this article today. Apparently these kids are pitching in batting helmets with no problem. I'm not convinced it wouldn't work. If you get just the right fit on those, they're pretty snug.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-headinjuries052710

1274934975.jpg

David Price did this as a joke, but I think I'd do this (in an actual game) before I'd wear that contraption Torres is sporting.

price_pitch.jpg

...and then this morning, Paul Lukas runs this story at Uni Watch...

http://www.uni-watch.com/2015/04/27/american-legion-baseball-team-wears-helmets-in-the-field/

Over the weekend, Adam Jones and David Lough wore stirrups that match the 1960s Orioles uniforms (see Brooks Robinson picture below).

koji-uehara-david-lough-mlb-boston-red-sbrooksrobinson.jpg

They had been wearing these, which were adopted after a throwback game last season. Presumably, Jones did this on his own, because Lough wore the black ones on Friday . . . meaning mismatched socks that night.

adam-jones-mlb-new-york-yankees-baltimor

Also,in the top picture, it looks like Lough is wearing black socks under the stirrups.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

No disrespect to Bergman, but I don't think I've ever seen a utility player get a patch.

9 seasons with the Tigers..member of the 1984 World Series team...and one of the most memorable moments of that season, a walk-off home run against the Blue Jays in June (an at-bat that Sparky Anderson called the greatest at-bat he'd ever seen in his life)...

Patch.

No patch.

james-mccann-joakim-soria-mlb-cleveland-

No disrespect to Bergman, but I don't think I've ever seen a utility player get a patch.

9 seasons with the Tigers..member of the 1984 World Series team...and one of the most memorable moments of that season, a walk-off home run against the Blue Jays in June (an at-bat that Sparky Anderson called the greatest at-bat he'd ever seen in his life)...

Patch.

No patch.

james-mccann-joakim-soria-mlb-cleveland-

Yea, I'd been looking for an announcement or something but it's obviously not going to happen.

The Mets look bad against The Yankees. The white logo on the cap doesn't match the grey letters and numbers on the uniforms. They need to make the cap logo, word mark, numbers, and letters all orange.

I'm not watching the game, but assuming the Mets are wearing their new DE alternates, the logo is silver.

3953B5FE-EC78-44C7-B346-F128E0BCA830_zps

I don't get these uniforms.

In a better photo and on TV, they looked good in my opinion. The only issue is how the grays reflect differently but I love the idea of the gray replacing white all over the uniform on a road set. Not much to complain about here.

usa-today-8540400.0.jpg

michael-cuddyer-matt-harvey-kevin-plawec

2015-04-25T213136Z_915082274_NOCID_RTRMA

Unless your name is Alex Torres!

471290680-alex-torres-of-the-new-york-me

87Redskins.png

Over the weekend, Adam Jones and David Lough wore stirrups that match the 1960s Orioles uniforms (see Brooks Robinson picture below).

koji-uehara-david-lough-mlb-boston-red-sbrooksrobinson.jpg

They had been wearing these, which were adopted after a throwback game last season. Presumably, Jones did this on his own, because Lough wore the black ones on Friday.

These are awesome! Should totally be the default socks and the Red Sox should follow.

This probably goes in the 2016 Changes thread but a local radio guy in San Diego is saying that the Padres are talking about wearing brown every home Friday, presumably starting next year.

That's what the Brewers do (right?).

I wish both teams would just pick an identity, though I admit, the idea of the Padres more frequently wearing Brown is appealing.

If the local fans love the current look so much, they'd have to be disappointed to know that it is not going to be at home on Fridays and Sundays (I don't think the camo is going anywhere). That's probably 25 out of 81 home games.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This probably goes in the 2016 Changes thread but a local radio guy in San Diego is saying that the Padres are talking about wearing brown every home Friday, presumably starting next year.

I wish both teams would just pick an identity, though I admit, the idea of the Padres more frequently wearing Brown is appealing.

If the local fans love the current look so much, they'd have to be disappointed to know that it is not going to be at home on Fridays and Sundays (I don't think the camo is going anywhere). That's probably 25 out of 81 home games.

I'm hoping they go for something like what the Mariners do. The Brewers basically just wear throwbacks, right?

What color is the script on the Mets blue jersey? If it's orange, then the gray jersey should have orange letters, no? Make the outline gray if necessary.

The gray letters look fine though, however the glaring issue with that uniform is the cap. The Mets are one of those teams that only needs one hat, and has a perfectly fine one that they're already using.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Definitely seems to be a middle ground route for the Padres. They've been standing by the assertion that the blue is still the more popular color despite the vocal brown loving group. And since it's pretty much an open secret that they're changing uniforms next season it would track that they'd also be adding a brown uniform to the line up like the Mariners did. That way the Padres maintain their now long time blue uniforms as primaries for the majority, while giving the vocal minority something to love as well. Presumably they'd keep the ever popular camo for the Military Sundays. That way there's something for everyone to love. Now they'll just need to stick with it.

The thing I like about the Padres alternates are that you can see their cool double piping because it's white, but it's completely lost on the white and gray jerseys because the piping that touches the edges of the sleeve and neck are the same color as their undershirts.

Holy crap! You're right! I... I never noticed that. I didn't realize that the striping was consistent among the jerseys. I always thought the navy was a strange mismatched affair that clashed with everything else, even though it's a good look. I even had them looking different in the Wikipedia images all the years they've existed.

NLW-Uniform-SD.PNG

Gotta fix that.

If the Padres wanted to commit to the current set (they don't want to commit to anything) they'd make the tan outline on the white jerseys thicker. Currently, that's got to be the thinnest outline of any team in baseball. It's almost like a counterfeit jersey where the outline is just different color stitching. Also, add that tan color to the road and blue jerseys. If you can't use you colors on all your jerseys, you shouldn't have those colors.

Huh. I wanted to disagree with this statement stringently, but I found that it's not as common as I thought. The exception, though, is a big one.

Tigers-team.jpg

I can't think of a way of introducing orange into these uniforms without it being a detriment to a legendary classic look, but I'd never want to see the Tigers drop orange because... well... they're the friggin' tigers. The other uniform that fits the criteria is the Padres, and I agree that they need to spread a little more color around some. People crap on the Rays for going to navy and white, but the Columbia Blue and spatter of yellow really makes that uniform stand out in my opinion.

If you can't use you colors on all your jerseys, you shouldn't have those colors.

Cough cough...

NewTwinsUniformsMauer111014.jpg

That's exactly what that extra gold looks like. Someone's cough-up.

They'd look fantastic without them. I'm in on no pinstripes.

I'm not a big fan of the uni, especially the cap, but I am happy to see them move towards a retro look but still keeping the "modern" version of the wordmark instead of going with the throwback version. I like this version. It's the Twins of today.

In a better photo and on TV, they looked good in my opinion. The only issue is how the grays reflect differently but I love the idea of the gray replacing white all over the uniform on a road set. Not much to complain about here.

usa-today-8540400.0.jpg

michael-cuddyer-matt-harvey-kevin-plawec

2015-04-25T213136Z_915082274_NOCID_RTRMA

Why the gray? I still don't get it. I mean, the idea is okay, but the execution just looks weird. The color doesn't look consistent anywhere. They should stick with orange with white outline rather than the neutral with orange outline. Looks much better.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Doubt anyone is going to be disappointed per se. The Camo is actually the most popular single jersey the Padres wear and they've been wearing that at home for years. And this Friday move basically just moves the throwback brown jersey from Wednesday and replaces it on Friday with a permanent non-throwback brown.

Silent Wind of Doom:

I'd say make the socks blue with orange stripes, if you want to bring orange into the uniform

Besides that(and honestly, even including that potentially) I agree 100%

or perhaps, maybe, orange sanitaries for those wearing stirrups.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived