MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Cream is kinda silly on a throwback uniform that was originally white polyester.

Absolutely. And yellow doesn't look good anywhere on a cream uniform. And it's silly to put a blue outline around the yellow outline. To me, the only redeeming quality of these is the great, underused color scheme (sans cream), but the Mariners found their true color long ago and shouldn't go back to these. The Brewers, on the other hand, have meandered in other colors and should return to royal blue and yellow.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cream is kinda silly on a throwback uniform that was originally white polyester.

Absolutely. And yellow doesn't look good anywhere on a cream uniform. And it's silly to put a blue outline around the yellow outline. To me, the only redeeming quality of these is the great, underused color scheme (sans cream), but the Mariners found their true color long ago and shouldn't go back to these. The Brewers, on the other hand, have meandered in other colors and should return to royal blue and yellow.

^This

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

He wasn't trying to trick people. He works in advertising, he created a fake ad, and somebody pulled it out of his portfolio and passed it around without any context.

He was trying to trick people.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2015/05/16/fake-all-star-game-hats-are-just-concepts-by-jesse-alkire/

Paul kind of threw Phil under the bus there. Also, I wouldn't hire this kid for anything.

The Cardinals are wearing their beautiful alternates today. Their one of the very few teams who can pull of a cream/vintage white uniform.

These would be much better if the uniforms had 'Cardinals' on the front. Use that St. Louis script (which looks nice) on the road uniforms where they belong.

^This

Thirded.

Yellow and cream together make the uniforms look like they player pissed their pants and it's an ugly stained color. Similar problem when the Padres tried that sand colored road uniform a decade ago. Cream works with some uniforms but not all.

With that said, the Ms alternate is excellent but would be superb in white. As for making it the primary, I gotta side with Seattle fans who tie the navy and teal scheme to success and the blue and gold to failure. Leave it to Milwaukee as said above.

Yeah I'll pass on promoting those Mariners' fauxbacks. If they're going to go with that color scheme, they need to lose the cream and bring back the trident. The modern logos with the vintage color scheme has yet to look normal to me. (But why would you want to ditch the teal anyway? As distinctive as it gets in any sport.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Agreed. The only change the Mariners need to make is to make their teal-billed hat the primary hat on the home and road uniforms, now that teal is much more prominent in the design.

Agreed. The only change the Mariners need to make is to make their teal-billed hat the primary hat on the home and road uniforms, now that teal is much more prominent in the design.
I'd make the teal-billed hat the primary at home but keep the all-navy hat for the road. I miss the look of some of the two-cap teams, eapecially the Cardinals.

I saw both the blue and yellow Marines cap as well as the teal-billed navy cap for sale at Lids today. While the blue and yellow cap is a really nice looking hat, the teal-billed navy cap is far superior, and the competition isn't even close. The Mariners organization would be foolish to switch to blue and yellow full time. On the flip side, the Brewers organization would be foolish to not use blue and yellow full time.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

The Giants are wearing the black-billed caps with the Sunday road alts. Once again, I believe this is a first. Perhaps they're phasing out the orange-billed cap?

According to the MLB Uniform Tracker on the mothership, the Giants have only worn the orange-billed cap on the road only once, back in early April. Also, it shows that they don't wear them on Friday road games, so it seems like they're just limiting that cap to Friday home games.

^This

Thirded.

Fourthdededed.

The Cardinals are wearing their beautiful alternates today. Their one of the very few teams who can pull of a cream/vintage white uniform.

These would be much better if the uniforms had 'Cardinals' on the front. Use that St. Louis script (which looks nice) on the road uniforms where they belong.

^ This too.

EDIT - On a side note, as I'm going through my uniform images to make sure everything is up to date, I notice the Astros haven't worn their tequila sunrise batting practice uniforms in a game yet. Have they discontinued that practice, or do they still plan on doing it occasionally?

spacer.png

spacer.png

EDIT - On a side note, as I'm going through my uniform images to make sure everything is up to date, I notice the Astros haven't worn their tequila sunrise batting practice uniforms in a game yet. Have they discontinued that practice, or do they still plan on doing it occasionally?

They are no longer wearing them for every Sunday home game.

I saw both the blue and yellow Marines cap as well as the teal-billed navy cap for sale at Lids today. While the blue and yellow cap is a really nice looking hat, the teal-billed navy cap is far superior, and the competition isn't even close. The Mariners organization would be foolish to switch to blue and yellow full time. On the flip side, the Brewers organization would be foolish to not use blue and yellow full time.

I have a Nike Wool Classic velcro-back Mariners navy hat that I purchased a few years ago. Can't seem to find a teal bill hat anywhere.

In phone so no pictures but Kansas City was the Monarchs for today. The interesting part is that they had a different batting helmet. I thought MLB said you could only have one. Does that not apply to throwbacks?

Archived