What did you used to think about logos?

Ark

I've been a Falcons fan since 3rd grade, but it took me about 5 years to realize that the bottom half of the logo was the falcon's wing. Before then I just thought it was an abstract F with a falcon's face on the end.

299.gif7929346720_a5a46f1261.jpg

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Trailblazers' logo is an abstract representation of a basketball game. The 5 white and red lines represent players on two teams. I had always thought it had something to do with a hurricane or typhoon. Which never made sense.

Until middle school or so, I thought the Trailblazers' logo (the original one is the one I grew up with) was the spinning lines of a Weed Eater.

Blazers_original.pngwill-a-22-lr-bullet-go-through-a-spinnin

Trailblazers... cutting down grass and trees to clear a path... it makes sense!

Serious? The team is named for weedwhackers?

I always thought it was a "b" for "Blazers" and wondered why the "p" for Portland was backwards.

I've been a Falcons fan since 3rd grade, but it took me about 5 years to realize that the bottom half of the logo was the falcon's wing. Before then I just thought it was an abstract F with a falcon's face on the end.

Wow, just noticed that

Doesn't even look like it though. It just looks like it's standing on its tail/wing/idunno.

I actually used to think it was just a weird looking abstract Falcon, and it was only a few years ago that I realized it's an F. I don't know how I missed that.

Tf9TG.jpg

When I was a kid (in the pre-"robo" days), I did not really "get" the Falcons logo. I thought it was abstract and did not recognize the "motion" aspect. I like Atlanta-insprired logos that show both wings...what they are going for is a bit more evident.

http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/TexasPrivates/D/DallasBishopDunne.png

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Falcons logo has never looked like an F to me. If nobody told me, there isn't a chance that I'd ever think it was an F. And they flip the logo so that the falcon is facing forward on the helmet, so they must not care about the F very much.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It wasn't until I was about 11 that I realized that the Blues logo was actually a representation of a music note. Before that, I assumed the shape was just completely abstract.

187.gif

Also, I used to and sometimes still catch myself thinking that the Wild logo looks more like a mountain lion than a black bear.

0kcehji928suy4ckk1pdo8s7l.gif

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Is the Wild logo officially a bear? I thought it was supposed to be a generic, mean-looking animal.

From Wikipedia:

The multi-functional primary logo of the "Wild Animal" has been met with both praise and criticism. The logo depicts both a forest landscape and the silhouette of a wild animal. The "eye" of the "Wild Animal" is the north star, in tribute to the departed Minnesota North Stars.

The questions surrounding the identity of the animal depicted has sparked debate amongst logo enthusiasts, earning it recognition as one of the best logos in sports according to The Good Point.

So yes, I guess it could be a bear, mountain lion, bobcat, or whatever "wild animal" you want it to be.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I actually used to think it was just a weird looking abstract Falcon, and it was only a few years ago that I realized it's an F. I don't know how I missed that.

I didn't see the F either.

The Falcons logo has never looked like an F to me. If nobody told me, there isn't a chance that I'd ever think it was an F. And they flip the logo so that the falcon is facing forward on the helmet, so they must not care about the F very much.

Hey, they reverse the B on the Ravens head when they flip it to keep it correct.

As for logos I didn't see much to them until my ABC and NBC affiliates changed them.

Hey, they reverse the B on the Ravens head when they flip it to keep it correct.

As for logos I didn't see much to them until my ABC and NBC affiliates changed them.

No. They make the B fit in the raven's head all weird like. So technically they have two different logos on opposite sides of their helmet.

73137292.mfOZiQ5A.IMG_0047.jpg

EDIT: Better comparison.

helmet-1.png

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived