Minor League Hockey Shake-up...coming

JackieMoon

Winnipeg should have an afilliate in Regina

Nope...the Pats are staying put.

In other news, I just found out that the Manchester Monarchs will officially be keeping their same logo and colors in the ECHL.

Have we heard whether the Admirals are keeping the same look when they move down?

I messaged them on Facebook, and they have confirmed that yes, the logo and colors will stay the same. There will also be a new third jersey for them.

bYhYmxh.png

Thoughts on the Plymouth Whalers moving to Flint, anyone? As a Wolves supporter (although this season, not so much), I am happy to see the stinking Whalers cease to exist, but I'm wondering if importing a minor hockey team will do any good for a city that needs an economic boost, like Flint.

Thoughts on the Plymouth Whalers moving to Flint, anyone? As a Wolves supporter (although this season, not so much), I am happy to see the stinking Whalers cease to exist, but I'm wondering if importing a minor hockey team will do any good for a city that needs an economic boost, like Flint.

It has been said that the CHL leagues (OHL, QMJHL and WHL) are second only to the NHL in quality of play...I trust Flint will embrace their Firebirds wholeheartedly.

As for Plymouth, wonder what the news is on the USNTDP team in the USHL moving there from Ann Arbor?

bYhYmxh.png

It has been said that the CHL leagues (OHL, QMJHL and WHL) are second only to the NHL in quality of play...I trust Flint will embrace their Firebirds wholeheartedly.

As for Plymouth, wonder what the news is on the USNTDP team in the USHL moving there from Ann Arbor?

As far as I know, it's happening.

sig.png

As far as I know, it's happening.

It is happening. The building was sold to USA Hockey a few months ago. That was a big part of the reason behind the Whalers move to Flint.

As for the economy, it could certainly help if marketed correctly. Saginaw would be a good example of how it could possibly help. They do a good job at advertising the area around the league. I don't know if they still do this, but they used to have a Saginaw Tourism table set up in some of the other rinks when the Spirit were in town to advertise the area and some of the things that were nearby. It certainly does work and trips to that area are some of my favourite and I have heard that many other people enjoy them.

I also have a good feeling that Flint is going to do a great job in supporting the Firebirds.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Back to the topic of the Pirates affiliating with the Panthers...rumors continue to abound that the Panthers might be headed to Quebec City soon.

If so, the Pirates will make the PERFECT affiliate for the new Nordiques...

bYhYmxh.png

Back to the topic of the Pirates affiliating with the Panthers...rumors continue to abound that the Panthers might be headed to Quebec City soon.

If so, the Pirates will make the PERFECT affiliate for the new Nordiques...

There's something coming down the pipe with Broward County in May, I believe, but I can't remember the specifics of it, nor can I remember if it would allow the Panthers to leave without paying the steep penalty that's supposed to keep them in Sunrise until 2028.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

tumblr_m8f953B2mn1r6gtjf.gif

Said by whom? People with practically no knowledge of the AHL or the elite level leagues in Europe?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I like the idea of Cleveland farming talent for Columbus on several levels. Make it happen!

Looks like this is the plan for the the affiliates.

Florida will affiliate with Portland (Already announced). They were affiliated with Arizona.

Arizona will affiliate with Springfield. They were affiliated with Columbus.

Columbus will affiliate with Lake Erie. They were affiliated with Colorado.

Colorado will affiliate with San Antonio. They were affiliated with Florida.

At least that's what everyone is saying will be what happens. Looks like movement of opportunity more than anything else.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

For the NHL to Milwaukee talk, I really don't see it happening unless........with the arena issue still mired in red tape and politics here, the Bucks owners strike a deal with the "League" and say hey if you foot some of that money you are using to keep the Coyotes afloat in Arizona and place it into our coffers. We will take on that franchise and you can cut those losses 100% and keep the franchise alive here while we build one of the most state of the art Basketball AND Hockey arenas around.

Basically the pure definition of Pipe Dream.

packchampionslfroh.png

Some of you guys are selling Milwaukee short. Wisconsin is a cold state with lots of interest in hockey, there's a much higher passion for spectator and participation sports per capita than other states, and the governor is a fetal-alcohol-lookin' dickhole who loves giving tax money to billionaires. If you ask me, the stage is set!

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Some of you guys are selling Milwaukee short. Wisconsin is a cold state with lots of interest in hockey, there's a much higher passion for spectator and participation sports per capita than other states, and the governor is a fetal-alcohol-lookin' dickhole who loves giving tax money to billionaires. If you ask me, the stage is set!

I'm not selling us short by a long shot. I tried to edit my post to add that if anyone could bring the NHL here, specifically relieving them of the Coyotes Quagmire, it would be Lazry and Edens. They are used to taking losses and turning profits. With the arena situation and Wiscos love of hockey it would be win win. If they owned both clubs and had 100% controlling interest in the arena, maybe taxpayers wouldn't have to foot too much of a bill, save for a luxury/travel tax.

It can be done, YES! the logistics would all have to align. The problem would then be........Where do the Admirals go?

packchampionslfroh.png

I think Derrick Rose said it best when he said, "uhhh, who cares?" Move the intellectual property up to the NHL team and move the AHL franchise to whoever wants it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Glens Falls. The answer is always Glens Falls.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.