The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

So there's been some speculation that the Predators were trying to keep the Kings out of the playoffs by beating them yesterday. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but when you consider that it was a road game for them and they could have easily lost to LA, it makes you think.

How scandalous!

A professional team defeating a team that poses a big threat in eliminating them from the postseason! Trying to keep out a team that's won two of the last three Cups!

This just won't do! We need justice! Must keep the integrity of the league at stake!!!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad I decided to zone out on something else on this absolutely delightful afternoon in Chicago, then focus on the locals running amok on whatever remains of this team I choose to root for. Yet oddly enough, they were outshooting them for the first two periods and were actually playing some competent hockey. Oh well. Let's just wait for the drama to come out once the team is officially out. There future moves will either help real me back or just alienate me further to the point of not caring.

I thought you were a Red Wings fan...

So there's been some speculation that the Predators were trying to keep the Kings out of the playoffs by beating them yesterday. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but when you consider that it was a road game for them and they could have easily lost to LA, it makes you think.

That theory makes so little sense that it had to have come from HFBoards. How would it even be possible to reverse-throw a game?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

He's being sarcastic. Some dumb people on the internet (Ducks/Kings fans alike) saw that the Ducks were losing to teams the Kings were chasing, so they were trying to put out some dumb theories.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The burger was actually thrown on the ice by a fan, seconds after he made the winning save in the shootout. He's 10-0-1 in his NHL career so far, which is closing in on the record to start a career set by Patrick Lalime, and he's already tied the record for most games in a row with two or less goals allowed. His only loss came in the shootout at well.

Also, the Bruins are useless. They win when we need them to lose, then they lose when we want them to win.

I'd love to see the Senators sneak in and go on a Cinderella run, akin to the 2006 Oilers.

And have the Hamburglar get hurt, and then Craig Anderson scores on himself and they lose in 7 to Tampa?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I'd love to see the Senators sneak in and go on a Cinderella run, akin to the 2006 Oilers.

And have the Hamburglar get hurt, and then Craig Anderson scores on himself and they lose in 7 to Tampa?
Except Anderson has been a top 10 goalie in the league this season, and not a backup scrub playing on a team that has the foundations to miss the playoffs for the next decade plus.

Except Anderson has been a top 10 goalie in the league this season, and not a backup scrub playing on a team that has the foundations to miss the playoffs for the next decade plus.
Well, I didn't really have a good comparison for Ty Conklin in Ottawa.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I said akin, not exactly :P

I'm glad I decided to zone out on something else on this absolutely delightful afternoon in Chicago, then focus on the locals running amok on whatever remains of this team I choose to root for. Yet oddly enough, they were outshooting them for the first two periods and were actually playing some competent hockey. Oh well. Let's just wait for the drama to come out once the team is officially out. There future moves will either help real me back or just alienate me further to the point of not caring.

I consider them my team in the East and a sort of number two, but I'm hoping San Jose can right the ship somehow moving forward, otherwise I'll just drop them all together.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I consider them my team in the East and a sort of number two, but I'm hoping San Jose can right the ship somehow moving forward, otherwise I'll just drop them all together.

- no true sports fan, ever

sig.png

Archived