The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kings don't even bother to win at home anymore. "The waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos" must be their Hanger Effect™ slogan.

This best sums up how I feel after watching the Kings play God-awful in 2nd periods this season...peter-snaps-his-neck-o.gif

Ugh.

I admit that us Kings fans have no right to complain and that to panic in the regular season knowing this team is complete naïve.

That being said, it's pretty evident that with Willie Mitchell's tropical tax holiday and Slava's fists of fury that Quick is getting absolutely no help whatsoever. Couple that with ⅔ of That 70's Line being out of commission and it's looking like Giants Disease has spread south.

VmWIn6B.png

Montreal to Cleveland?

BZ4YFHK.png

That's an interestkng find haha!

I say it never came close to happening for real. Was probably just a pitch that never got any serious consideration.

If it did happen, I wonder if we would still see the Maroons going strong, or if another team would come in and take their place.

The craziest thing about the Sabres being so bad this year is that of all the teams in the tankstakes, they're the one on pace to do better than last year.

Jets win 2-1, SportsClubStats has them at 82.5% for making the playoffs. Unless they do that Thrashers thing where they rattle off seven untimely losses in the home stretch, they're gonna make the playoffs. This is gonna be awesome. And they're doing it largely because Byfuglien has been crushing everything that moves.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Brendan Byrne Arena Continental Airlines Arena IZOD Center that big white barn at the Meadowlands is closing for good in a couple of weeks, with all remaining bookings moving to Newark. Fare thee well, home of three Devils championships and a whole ton of Bruce Springsteen concerts. Probably good for the Devils to play in an actual city now instead of a parking lot in a swamp.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Brendan Byrne Arena Continental Airlines Arena IZOD Center that big white barn at the Meadowlands is closing for good in a couple of weeks, with all remaining bookings moving to Newark. Fare thee well, home of three Devils championships and a whole ton of Bruce Springsteen concerts. Probably good for the Devils to play in an actual city now instead of a parking lot in a swamp .

But isn't that basically what the entire state of New Jersey is? :P

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

The Brendan Byrne Arena Continental Airlines Arena IZOD Center that big white barn at the Meadowlands is closing for good in a couple of weeks, with all remaining bookings moving to Newark. Fare thee well, home of three Devils championships and a whole ton of Bruce Springsteen concerts. Probably good for the Devils to play in an actual city now instead of a parking lot in a swamp .

But isn't that basically what the entire state of New Jersey is? :P

South Jersey is actually quite nice and low on swampland. :)

And an idiot. I swear he was borderline competent for the first 15 or 20 games, but since then, he's regressed back to the buffoon everyone knows he is, and an irresponsible player on top of it. But the Hawks won't waive him, and they'll keep him around after his suspension, because "we like that element".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I just think it's fantastic that the untraditional markets like Nashville, the Isles and Tampa are making waves into the top ten of the league, in addition to the perennial underachievers in Washington and St. Louis being relevant as well. I like seeing fresh blood seep into the playoffs and we're due for a shake-up. Shoot, if I can't watch my guys play competently, might as well root for another team to get their moment in the Sun.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I just think it's fantastic that the untraditional markets like Nashville, the Isles and Tampa are making waves into the top ten of the league, in addition to the perennial underachievers in Washington and St. Louis being relevant as well. I like seeing fresh blood seep into the playoffs and we're due for a shake-up. Shoot, if I can't watch my guys play competently, might as well root for another team to get their moment in the Sun.

:therock:

Archived