2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

If you're really concerned with the Boston parallels, why not this?img-132113-m.jpg

Let the Bruins be black with gold, and have the Penguins be gold with black.

Or the Bruins be the Boston Bruins and the Penguins be the Pittsburgh Penguins. You can have the same colors. Let us all understand that. No one owns a color scheme.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never confused the two teams. As it has been said before, Pittsburgh used more gold than the Bruins have.

Even if they had the same amount, are people serious? There's nobody confusing the Devils, and Hawks, or the Capitals and Jackets, or the Leafs and Lightning (that last one was a joke). So why would anyone honestly confuse these two? Sometimes people are just difficult to be diffucult.

untitled-6.jpg

Seriously guys, no need to get all huffy. I know darn well the history of the Penguins, shoot, they were one of my favorite teams growing up, and are still one of my favorites now. It's just that after having seen them in "Vegas Gold" (aka "slightly shiny tan") for so long, it's a bit jarring to suddenly see them back in "Athletic Gold" when I've become rather accustomed to the Pens in VG, Bruins in AG. While that may not be a problem for most of you, it's somewhat of one for me. I'm aware that it probably shouldn't be one, which is why I found it "strange," and chose to make note of it. There was absolutely no reason to take offense.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Seriously guys, no need to get all huffy. I know darn well the history of the Penguins, shoot, they were one of my favorite teams growing up, and are still one of my favorites now. It's just that after having seen them in "Vegas Gold" (aka "slightly shiny tan") for so long, it's a bit jarring to suddenly see them back in "Athletic Gold" when I've become rather accustomed to the Pens in VG, Bruins in AG. While that may not be a problem for most of you, it's somewhat of one for me. I'm aware that it probably shouldn't be one, which is why I found it "strange," and chose to make note of it. There was absolutely no reason to take offense.

I'm just gonna be blunt and speak for myself and probably some other people and say that it was a dumb opinion. Not taking offense in anyway.

Only, it wasn't a dumb opinion. There are obvious parallels to the Bruins to be made here despite how unnecessarily personal you're wanting making it.

Ya...so personal. Anybody who knows NHL hockey (people who should be commenting on this thread) should not see Mario era penguins jerseys and think Boston Bruins. That is asinine. That's it.

When you win back to back cups in a colour scheme, you're allowed to use it. No one complains about the Oilers and Islanders sharing the same scheme...

Some do, but those people are annoying.

One thing I think the Metallic Beige updates got right was to use white as the base color for names and numbers on the black sweaters. That would go a long way toward distinguishing the Penguins from the Bruins while both using gold. Penguins are black and white, so it works.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

When you win back to back cups in a colour scheme, you're allowed to use it. No one complains about the Oilers and Islanders sharing the same scheme...

Some do, but those people are annoying.

One thing I think the Metallic Beige updates got right was to use white as the base color for names and numbers on the black sweaters. That would go a long way toward distinguishing the Penguins from the Bruins while both using gold. Penguins are black and white, so it works.

That started before the Vegas Gold jerseys, though, since the 1995 alt/later road jersey used white names and numbers.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I've heard somewhere(not a reliable source but, eh) that the Panthers might change their look to go back to something like their original look nexr season, anyone heard about that ?

Given the fact that opening-night attendance in Miami numbered a couple thousand at best (officially just over 7,000 but far fewer butts in the seats than that), I would say the chances of a new Panthers uniform next season are VERY good...along with a new city, new colors, and new nickname.

I've heard somewhere(not a reliable source but, eh) that the Panthers might change their look to go back to something like their original look nexr season, anyone heard about that ?

Given the fact that opening-night attendance in Miami numbered a couple thousand at best (officially just over 7,000 but far fewer butts in the seats than that), I would say the chances of a new Panthers uniform next season are VERY good...along with a new city, new colors, and new nickname.

Despite the soft spot I have for them, we can only hope this is the case.

untitled-6.jpg

The Penguins should be in black and yellow, the Bruins in brown and yellow.

So Boston should go back to the color they haven't used since 1934....brilliant. THEY CAN BOTH BE BLACK AND YELLOW!!!!!!

If anybody brings up the fact that they couldn't both be black and yellow again I'm really gonna freak out.

I suggest you check your facts- it was a Tuesday vs Ottawa that drew 7K, not opening night.

Opening night had 20-25K.

So Boston should go back to the color they haven't used since 1934....brilliant. THEY CAN BOTH BE BLACK AND YELLOW!!!!!!

If anybody brings up the fact that they couldn't both be black and yellow again I'm really gonna freak out.

But...but....but.., you can't look the same and play the same sport. I get confusededed watching te Braves play the Nationals, twins and Phillies. I just have to hate them all.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I think the same color scheme in each league should at least the limited to one per conference, especially when it's something as standout as black and yellow.

Navy and red, blue and red kind of get off since they're sort of "default" color schemes, but even then I would appreciate if the same rule was applied.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

I suggest you check your facts- it was a Tuesday vs Ottawa that drew 7K, not opening night.

Opening night had 20-25K.

But...but....but.., you can't look the same and play the same sport. I get confusededed watching te Braves play the Nationals, twins and Phillies. I just have to hate them all.

I suggest you too to check your facts... Opening night was exactly 11 419...

We have a home for rent, in case you know someone... :lol:

http://images.lpcdn.ca/924x615/201409/24/909706-amphitheatre-quebec-septembre.jpg

I think the same color scheme in each league should at least the limited to one per conference, especially when it's something as standout as black and yellow.

Navy and red, blue and red kind of get off since they're sort of "default" color schemes, but even then I would appreciate if the same rule was applied.

Just stop please. The original 6 even had two teams with a red/white/blue color scheme. 4 teams with red. Yet they all carry very different identities. No one is gonna confuse Montreal and NYR who have very very different identities with the same colors.

Archived