2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Didn't really appreciate it until I actually saw them in action tonight, but goddamn, the blues look so much better now.

Hopefully the Blues do not sport the thirds tonight and we get to see a nice jersey matchup against the Hawks. Pipe dream, but man it would be nice to see the Blues in white and Hawks in red.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me this wouldn't work great for an Islanders minor league affiliate. They keep using black alternates, so it's royal blue, orange, and black.

islandersminorleaguefisherman_zpsc4f8457

Throw a city name underneath or above "ISLANDERS" and you have a perfect minor league logo.

Nooooooo!!!!!! Too BFBS! Nobody likes the black Islanders jerseys. They're awful.

But it wouldn't be the New York Islanders...it'd be the Bridgeport Islanders or the Stockton Islanders or whomever.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Tell me this wouldn't work great for an Islanders minor league affiliate. They keep using black alternates, so it's royal blue, orange, and black.

Throw a city name underneath or above "ISLANDERS" and you have a perfect minor league logo.

The colors are an improvement over the original but the wave underneath ISLANDERS makes the fish sticks guy look like some sort of mermaid.

Had they used the original dark uniform as an alternate, I doubt it would have received the strong backlash it did. This logo, however, is a downgrade as the original scheme made it look substantially better.

I would never want to see the Islanders return to the Fisherman Era ever again but, I must say, I definitely agree that the logo and the uniforms would be great for an Islanders Farm Team or even a Junior Team.

Scott Darling's pads are the bomb.

B06OtQtIgAINhQf.jpg

They are pretty damn good. Speaking of Chicago, any guesses or news on what their Winter Classic jersey will look like? I'm sticking with my late 50's/60's Cream-Colored Throwback guess.

B06v5svCEAA93zW.jpg

How is having pads that replicate the accompanying jersey's striping pattern in its entirety a good look? Yawn

Because nobody really does it, at least not that I'm aware of, and it's better than "look at my rad flames and thorns or patterns of nutsacks on my sweet airbrushed blah blah blah orange county chopper"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

How is having pads that replicate the accompanying jersey's striping pattern in its entirety a good look? Yawn

I don't like it appearing on the glove and blocker, but it's cool on the leg pads.

Matches the socks of his teammates and makes a further connection with the rest of the team aside from the jersey and pants. How is it a bad look when it's the exact striping his teammates wear on their legs?

PvO6ZWJ.png

B06v5svCEAA93zW.jpg

Because nobody really does it, at least not that I'm aware of, and it's better than "look at my rad flames and thorns or patterns of nutsacks on my sweet airbrushed blah blah blah orange county chopper"

bryz.png

My favorite

I wonder what color those bright red pads are going to be, after they get worn down from all the puck slaps and ice contact..........

In one thread, you're crushing my wrestling dreams. In this one, you're crushing my hockey ones. C'mon, Habsfan. I...I trusted you, man.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

B06v5svCEAA93zW.jpg

I know what's his name did it with Minnesota last year and Tim Thomas briefly did it with Florida and Dallas last year. I liked his especially because the top of the pads matched the pants color so it blended in even more.

Tim+Thomas+Dallas+Stars+v+Philadelphia+FTim-Thomas2.jpg

(couldn't find a picture of him wearing those pads while in a Panthers uniform, but the idea is there)

Unfortunately he didn't use a set that matched the green jersey.

tim-thomas-nhl-columbus-blue-jackets-dal

I really like this practice. I think it looks good and I'm all for team-specific matching. I hope it becomes a "thing".

PvO6ZWJ.png

I wonder what color those bright red pads are going to be, after they get worn down from all the puck slaps and ice contact..........

In one thread, you're crushing my wrestling dreams. In this one, you're crushing my hockey ones. C'mon, Habsfan. I...I trusted you, man.

Okay, I'll use my words more carefully next time ;)

Edit: I just realized that's a rookie who just played his first game today. My bad. He's got plenty of time in front of him.

Nooooooo!!!!!! Too BFBS! Nobody likes the black Islanders jerseys. They're awful.

But it wouldn't be the New York Islanders...it'd be the Bridgeport Islanders or the Stockton Islanders or whomever.

Bridgeport and Stockton aren't on islands.

I couldn't find anything using keyword search, so forgive me if this has already been pointed out;

After years of trying to make us forget the FIsherman era; the Islanders are now producing merch with the Fisherman logo. Mitchell & Ness have aquired the rights to produce Fisherman logos merch too. This is one of those brandings I've been hoping would be brought back.

M&N started producing Mighty Ducks merch which have been quite popular, so we could see the same thing happen with the Fisherman logo. I'm expecting M&N to product a lot of teal-heavy merch. I'm personally hoping they produce a paintsplash snapback & some quality teal shirts and crewnecks.

http://instagram.com/p/uLfJCQkw29/?modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/uij16WlV43/?modal=true

Instant buy for me.

Archived