2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

What?

So I'm assuming you tuck in your t-shirts and leave your dress shirts untucked?

The players in the NBA (usually) tuck their jerseys into their shorts.

The players in the NFL (usually) tuck their jerseys into their pants

The players in MLB almost always tuck their jerseys into their pants.

You don't see the hems.

In the NHL, you aren't even allowed to tuck your jersey into your pants anymore. The rounded hem flows better with the rest of the uniform.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What?

You don't see the hems.

In the NHL, you aren't even allowed to tuck your jersey into your pants anymore. The rounded hem flows better with the rest of the uniform.

Take a look at your shirts. Shirts with rounded hems are meant to be tucked in while shirts with straight hems aren't meant to be tucked in. Heck, the rounded hems on the Edge sweaters are actually a holdover from the Edge sweater's first version when it was supposed to be tucked in. Keeping the rounded hem but not tucking them in just looks odd.

Why do the Rangers insist on looking like crap against Original Six teams?

Their uniform is as iconic as the other original six, what's wrong with them ?

This:

475393399_slide.jpg

Original Six matchups should never involve alternates. I'm willing to make an exception for the Winter Classic or the Heritage Classic, should we get one between Montreal and Toronto.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This:

475393399_slide.jpg

Original Six matchups should never involve alternates. I'm willing to make an exception for the Winter Classic or the Heritage Classic, should we get one between Montreal and Toronto.

Totally disagree. If it's some crap fauxback like that Rags one or some Stadium Series monstrosity, then fine. But watching the Leafs (couldn't believe it, but they're the only Original Six team currently wearing a throwback) wearing their throwback alts against another O6 team looks fantastic.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

OK, I'll allow that, but only because those alts need to become Toronto's primaries yesterday.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's designed to look like a block of Provel.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This:

475393399_slide.jpg

I kinda like those ones. It's the same design but a darker blue and New York instead of Ranger. It's no big deal, i could've been worst you know

What?

You don't see the hems.

Take a look at your shirts. Shirts with rounded hems are meant to be tucked in while shirts with straight hems aren't meant to be tucked in. Heck, the rounded hems on the Edge sweaters are actually a holdover from the Edge sweater's first version when it was supposed to be tucked in. Keeping the rounded hem but not tucking them in just looks odd.

I'm not talking about shirts though. I'm talking about jerseys. I think the rounded hems look better on them. It flows with the uniform better in my opinion.

What?

You don't see the hems.

I'm not talking about shirts though. I'm talking about jerseys. I think the rounded hems look better on them. It flows with the uniform better in my opinion.

everyone is entitled to their opinions, so i'm not attacking you... i'm just honestly questioning this belief with one example.

you really think THIS:

Henrik+Zetterberg+Brian+Rafalski+Stanley

looks better than THIS?:

fedorov_may.jpg

What?

You don't see the hems.

everyone is entitled to their opinions, so i'm not attacking you... i'm just honestly questioning this belief with one example.

you really think THIS:

looks better than THIS?:

fedorov_may.jpg

Yes.

What?

You don't see the hems.

you really think THIS:

looks better than THIS?:

fedorov_may.jpg

Yes.

Really? With the rounded, wavy hems? How?

How is this:

hawks%20team%20photo.jpg

Better than this?

chicago026.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

What?

You don't see the hems.

you really think THIS:

looks better than THIS?:

fedorov_may.jpg

Yes.

How is this:

hawks%20team%20photo.jpg

Better than this?

chicago026.jpg

I've explained that before. For whatever reason I think the rounded hems look better because it makes the jersey look like its part of the uniform, as opposed to sitting on top of it.

I wonder if the Sens will use their vintage white heritage uniforms again during the season. And i hope it gets promoted to the full time road jsersey along with the black one becoming the full time home. Finally, the Sens would have their own identity !

I think Cyril Leeder confirmed that they will wear them for at least one home game this season. This might be just to show them off in front of a home crowd to boost jersey sales, but hopefully it's the beginning of the transition from gladiator to heritage look as the primary.

What?

You don't see the hems.

you really think THIS:

looks better than THIS?:

fedorov_may.jpg

Yes.

How is this:

hawks%20team%20photo.jpg

Better than this?

chicago026.jpg

I've explained that before. For whatever reason I think the rounded hems look better because it makes the jersey look like its part of the uniform, as opposed to sitting on top of it.

I agree. looks a lot slimmer too

spacer.png

spacer.png

What?

You don't see the hems.

you really think THIS:

looks better than THIS?:

fedorov_may.jpg

Yes.

How is this:

hawks%20team%20photo.jpg

Better than this?

chicago026.jpg

I agree. looks a lot slimmer too

I don't know what's happened to these boards...

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived