2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Those jerseys were awful. I will never understand why people liked them. They were even worse when the black jerseys had no white trim. And that logo? Miserable.

The best jersey template they've had was the third with the laurels:

Ottawa-Senators-Black-Alternate-Third-je

Use the new logo on the front, the new 2-D on the shoulders (because the Peace Tower logo was a joke), and find a font that isn't Serpentine or Copperplate. Make it red, even, if you prefer that. Make a white version. Done. Dusted.

That with the updated 2D senator, and the 'O' logo as shoulder patches would be a homerun in my books.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The curved hem would have looked alright if the curve was more subtle and not curved in the front, like why is that even necessary?

My solution (In my own perfect world): flat front, notch on the sides, and the back is lowered slightly below the front and curved in an actual curved line, not that flat swoop they have now. That IMHO would look much better.

Like this?

Naslund_Bertuzzi_Morrison_f.jpg

Wow, I really miss this uniform. A color scheme rarely used today. A deep Navy, Red and Silver, nicely balanced.

Really? The gradient looked terrible, and the colours are as common as dirt.

Nothing can beat the colours they have now.

FWIW, Adidas handles some college teams still. They seem to do just fine.

John-Faulkner.jpg

0002064_custom-uno-hockey-jersey-black.j

Well first of all Reebok and Adidas are the same company.

Second, that's just a recoloured Jets jersey.

This was in response to the claim that Adidas no longer makes any hockey jerseys. Yes, they are the same company, but my point was that Adidas has not been completely replaced.

Those jerseys were awful. I will never understand why people liked them. They were even worse when the black jerseys had no white trim. And that logo? Miserable.

Use the new logo on the front, the new 2-D on the shoulders (because the Peace Tower logo was a joke), and find a font that isn't Serpentine or Copperplate. Make it red, even, if you prefer that. Make a white version. Done. Dusted.

That with the updated 2D senator, and the 'O' logo as shoulder patches would be a homerun in my books.

I agree with everything you guys said, but I liked the Peace Tower logo.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Those jerseys looked terrible in person because the gold was much too sparkly. In my opinion that panel should be switched for something much more muted and perhaps even darker. Also that number font's due date came & went about 10 years ago.

That being said, I would much prefer either a switch to the heritage jerseys or a throwback to the 90's set. Preferably the set from 97-99 without the swooshy red jersey.

Senators05.png

thecatch.jpg

Which of these would you prefer the Senators to go to full-time?

SenatorsConceptA.pngSenatorsConcept2a.png

I like the bottom ones much more but the top ones wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have the vintage white.

I think this would be my ideal look for my beloved Sens. I would also remove the played out lace-up collar.

thecatch.jpg

No thanks. The metallic gold striping was awful (metallic colours can look fantastic on crests, but never outside). The only redeeming qualities of that uniform are the laurel striping pattern and, yes, the Peace Tower logo.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

157.gifUwfY1JA.png

Once upon a time, I updated the Peace Tower logo with the one from the All-Star Game logo.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I hated the sens sweater in the heritage classic.

The 2d logo is so much better.

It was an extremely bland looking game bordering on bad.

Which of these would you prefer the Senators to go to full-time?

SenatorsConcept2a.png

Aside from the number font this looks perfect. I think the thing I hate about the Heritage jerseys the most is the vintage white. It doesn't suit them at all.

Archived