2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas going with green helmets is a terrible idea. There are a lot of things they need to do to improve their look and adding green buckets is not one of them. They are the green AND black team. Let Minnesota be the green team, Dallas always looked better with black as or more so dominant than green. I personally would love to see them bring in a black third jersey. As for gold, i think they made their biggest mistake when they got rid of it, and re-adding gold to their color scheme wouldn't clutter things up. Matter of fact when they were doing their re-brand a couple years back they actually had a version of what they wear now in their old green and gold with the addition of silver, it was a finalist design but for some reason wasn't chosen over what they wear now.

Dallas-Stars-Green-Gold-Black-Concept-59

Looks ten times better than what they wear now.

Dallas should stick with the green, black and white... Three colours is more than enough. With the last rebrand, they succeeded in creating an identity for themselves (the arrival of Tyler Seguin and Jason Spezza helped as well).

Going with the green helmets is a bad idea. I'm afraid it would create a new trend in the NHL where more teams try coloured helmets as well.

Nashville's gold helmets, as much as I like their uniforms, look terrible.

Anyone know the NHL's logic in waiting so long to unveil/sell the Winter Classic/Stadium Series sweaters? People like having this to wear before the game in my experience, and by waiting so long they are just missing out on sales.

untitled-6.jpg

I think their color scheme is perfect as-is. No need to clutter it up.

Clutter? Nonsense.

p-565945-larry-murphy-minnesota-north-st

minnesota_north_stars_1983-84_front.jpg

Watching North Stars games throughout the late 80s and early 90s those pictures bring back memories. Not for the uniforms but for all the empty seats in the background. Seriously 5,000 fans showed up for their home opener in 1992 against the Red Wings??!! Just over a year after that magical run to the Cup Finals??!
Bah!

The Catch of the Day!

This photo is proof that the Stars need victory green helmets... If Nashville can wear a yellow alternate helmet, Dallas should be able to do the same with green, at the very least.

At the unveiling, I thought green helmets and green/white/black NYR-pattern gloves would be gorgeous with this sweater... Instead, they went solid black with both.

At the end of the day, I've never been more content with what my Stars have been wearing on the ice... But there's no denying that green helmet would make a great uniform even more eye-catching.

I've been saying this since the unveiling. Take the black off the helmets and put it into some trim around the numbers/names.

Just received my new Ducks 3rd in the mail and the logo seems to sit really low for some reason. Front crest is almost belly button height instead of chest, kinda strange but I assume its because of the collar template

Quick question, should I start an AHL (and maybe ECHL) changes 2015-16 page? I've seen quite a few new things for both leagues

Welcome to the minor leagues. Change things up (especially jerseys) every year and people buy the new stuff.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Really, Dallas just needs outlines on the numbers and those green helmets, though the gold isn't the worst idea.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Anyone know the NHL's logic in waiting so long to unveil/sell the Winter Classic/Stadium Series sweaters? People like having this to wear before the game in my experience, and by waiting so long they are just missing out on sales.

Winter Classic isn't until 2 months from now and the Stadium Series are some time after. There's plenty of time, yet they'll probably be leaked anyway. Montreal should be unveiling their WC uni any time now.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

The Silver just feels like a leftover from when they were contemplating using the "Cowboys" scheme. The victory green was a spectacular improvement over the dark, 90's shade of forest but adding athletic gold would have put it over the top.

Winter Classic isn't until 2 months from now and the Stadium Series are some time after. There's plenty of time, yet they'll probably be leaked anyway. Montreal should be unveiling their WC uni any time now.

2 months is exactly my point though. Not a ton of time at all.

untitled-6.jpg

I think it's safe to assume the Habs will wear a white version of their 1944 white jersey with the blue stripes...

CQ_hKxhWIAANWTw.jpg

I saw this oen concept ages ago where they had taken the Stars logo and made the silbver gold. I can't find it though.

If you're talking about this one, it would be mine...

Stars-2_zps1265d836.png

One uniform change that needs to happen...the Bruins need to make their sock stripes match the stripes on their jersey. Does this bother anyone else?

20140119_jcd_ag5_084.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived