2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Avs were going to introduce this alternate logo anyways and change out the Yet foot on the regular home and road, why not just put the full mountain logo on the shoulders of the regular home and road rather than just the C?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I still hate the Avs alternate. Probably the laziest jersey Reebok has come out with. At least the Avs' main set was creative to a degree. Even the logo is bad. The only thing I like about the jersey is the new blue. I get that it's getting bashed for being too dark, but it probably has to do with the picture itself. IRL the blue will be lighter especially on the ice. The old blue just didn't pair all too nicely with the maroon for me personally.

I don't mind Anaheim'd new alternate. The only thing I think they should have done was make the arm striping the hem striping. Would look much nicer. Too much gold which just looks bad with the orange.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

If the Avs were going to introduce this alternate logo anyways and change out the Yet foot on the regular home and road, why not just put the full mountain logo on the shoulders of the regular home and road rather than just the C?

Having 2 moutain logos designed in 2 completely mismatching styles would be just as big of a mistake.

If they wanted an alternate, fine. But there was no reason to phase out the Yeti. Makes me think this is a slowburn on the rise.

** Edit: I just noticed the collar on the Ducks new 3rd. Does it say Anaheim on the collar?

Except it has nothing to do with hunting, actual Ducks tend to have orange feet and beaks (not to mention the obvious Orange County tie-in), while the black and gold represents Brian Burke's ego.

I refer to it as "hunting orange" because you could literally wear this while hunting and not worry about being shot.

I get the "OC" tie in, not very clever but to each their own. Seems like a lazy excuse to have an annoyingly bright color on a jersey.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

What is it with all the fake lace collars and shoulder yokes these days?

Ducks jersey looks great, minus the collar of course.

Avs jersey represents everything wrong with hockey jerseys these days. Lazy, unoriginal, retro, living off the past logo that's way too big. Horrible looking shoulder patch that doesn't even match the rest of the jersey. Mismatching sleeve and hem stripes. Color schemes not too bad though, I like the darker blue more than the one they use now, but it's might not look good on tv in terms of contracting it from the dark red.

Except it has nothing to do with hunting, actual Ducks tend to have orange feet and beaks (not to mention the obvious Orange County tie-in), while the black and gold represents Brian Burke's ego.

I refer to it as "hunting orange" because you could literally wear this while hunting and not worry about being shot.

I get the "OC" tie in, not very clever but to each their own. Seems like a lazy excuse to have an annoyingly bright color on a jersey.

You'll find a lot of people in Orange County or SoCal in general aren't much of hunters, so don't have to worry about that.

It's not supposed to be clever. Like Grim Reaper said, it's obvious.

And for what it's worth, anything Ducks that's orange has sold like hotcakes as of late around these parts. Pair that with the Mighty Ducks logo which I would say the very same about, it's going to be hard to keep these things on the racks early on. They're going to sell a metric ton of these things.

My only complain is the "Anaheim" on the collar, but I'm already over it.

Take my money.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

You'll find a lot of people in Orange County or SoCal in general aren't much of hunters, so don't have to worry about that.

It's not supposed to be clever. Like Grim Reaper said, it's obvious.

And for what it's worth, anything Ducks that's orange has sold like hotcakes as of late around these parts. Pair that with the Mighty Ducks logo which I would say the very same about, it's going to be hard to keep these things on the racks early on. They're going to sell a metric ton of these things.

Take my money.

Maybe because OC residents figured out they have a hockey club that's winning? Oh time to buy jerseys and be "fans"?

Giving you :censored:.

I hate the Collar Logo. So dumb. But I love the overall jersey.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The Ducks' new third is pretty good, but further makes a hash of their identity. I'm generally not a fan of recoloring old logos. The sweater design is good, would have been better with the standalone D or even the old Ducks script.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yes, it could

COA1FfpWgAA8MIX.jpg

The four thin stripes on the right sleeve represent the four cuts in Big Daddy Kane's right eyebrow, because Jay-Z was a big fan. You can get none more Brooklyn than that.

1375860170_Big-Daddy-Kane.jpg

He's so Brooklyn even his pictures are in black and white.

And look... hanger effect to pretend there's blue on it!

It could have been better positioned or just not added at all. I could take or leave it, really.

Take my money.

And mine.

The Ducks' new third is pretty good, but further makes a hash of their identity. I'm generally not a fan of recoloring old logos. The sweater design is good, would have been better with the standalone D or even the old Ducks script.

Not sure if I said earlier in the thread, but I was fully expecting them to do just that. With their first orange jersey in part-time rotation you'd think they would want to push their current branding more, especially if there are plans to make this a full-time home uniform in the future. Probably too soon to talk about that though.

They probably didn't because it would be seen as a repetition of the Stadium Series jersey. That and with the Mighty Ducks logo being popular, they may as well cash in on the nostalgia. Speaking of which, interesting that they went with yellow sticks instead of orange for that, they probably came across visibility issues with those on the orange background. As it is I'm happy they're keeping it around as an alternate mark, at least.

As for the Ducks script, I'd rather not see that again for a while.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Screenshots are better than links. Colorado's is already down.

EDIT: NVM. It was just your link, monkey.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-07%20at%201.15.1

Its kinda funny. When I first saw that jersey I hated it. But now its growing on me. Its basically a modern version of the Colorado Rockies. If the Rockies had stayed put in 1982 and never moved to New Jersey that is probably how they would look now. I just wish the "C" was on the two shoulders. Having a flag on one shoulder on nothing on the other is just stupid.

Then they could have kept the footprints on the home and aways.

The Catch of the Day!

The Ducks uniform can't become the primary fast enough. Blows the main set clear out of the water.

No way. The main jerseys are far superior because the "D" is a superior logo. The only cool thing about that jersey is that its orange and thats it.

That cartoon Mighty Ducks logo should have went out with the bath water along with the Mighty Ducks name.

The Catch of the Day!

Screenshots are better than links. Colorado's is already down.

EDIT: NVM. It was just your link, monkey.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-07%20at%201.15.1

Its kinda funny. When I first saw that jersey I hated it. But now its growing on me. Its basically a modern version of the Colorado Rockies. If the Rockies had stayed put in 1982 and never moved to New Jersey that is probably how they would look now. I just wish the "C" was on the two shoulders. Having a flag on one shoulder on nothing on the other is just stupid.

Then they could have kept the footprints on the home and aways.

When I first saw the original mockup I hated the jersey.

Now, I actually like it. I just hope the rest of the uniform looks good. Not sure what color pants/socks/helmet they will have with it.

And I am thinking they will have the 20th anniversary patch on the other shoulder this season. Maybe the primary logo on future seasons.

Archived