2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sure sounded like the jersey wasn't going to be a true throwback.

Icethetics referred it as:

Disappointing to many fans hoping for a true throwback was that the team described the jersey as representative of "the present of the Sharks franchise while paying stark homage to its past."

The only differences that I can tell from the original is the collar and the shade of teal.

If only it was going to be worn against teams that had at least some history against it.

What are the chances the Avs try to eventually transition into this as their full time look?

With the new shoulder patches and now this jersey? I would not be shocked at all to see a full transition within a few years.

You win a championship, your very first season, in a set of uniforms that are not only things of beauty, but wholly original. You then win a second championship in the reverse version of said uniforms... Makes perfect sense why'd you want to replace that look (albeit bastardized by the Edge Uniform System), with something inspired by a team, with a vastly inferior look, that has won nothing... Some 'Avalanche Logic' there :rolleyes:.

Oh my... That is :censored:ing beautiful.

Simply phenomenal. Needs to become the basis for the main set right away!

That looks as good, if not better, than it ever did. That's what the Sharks need to be wearing full-time and it's seeing it on the new cut makes that statement even more obvious.

But they won't be able to move with all those heavy stripes...

I don't think there's any doubt the Sharks got it exactly right the first time around. They need to ditch the current manga-shark, drop the orange, and go back to the original set...

I'll even let them throw in their choice of black alternate jer... that they will then wear all playoffs instead of their teal jerseys; so now that I think about it, nope. The Sharks are one of those franchises that need to be provided with the minimum amount of choices or they will find a way to muck it up.

Although I like the Edge logo and, unpopularly enough, the orange accents (but not the removal of the hem stripes for weighing less or whatever), THAT'S MORE LIKE IT SHARKS.

If they can go back to that or the pre-Edge sets, which somehow made side stripes look good, I think we can all be happy with that.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Oh boy, the Sharks finally do something right for a change! The sweater works just as well as it did in 1991 (the logo still needs updating, but not in the "xtreme" style of the 2007 version), and seeing the proper color scheme back is pretty cool.

I would love for this alternate and its colors to be the basis of a new identity for the Sharks, one free of orange, "lightness," and front numbers.

Archived