2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

I still hate the Avs alternate. Probably the laziest jersey Reebok has come out with. At least the Avs' main set was creative to a degree. Even the logo is bad. The only thing I like about the jersey is the new blue. I get that it's getting bashed for being too dark, but it probably has to do with the picture itself. IRL the blue will be lighter especially on the ice. The old blue just didn't pair all too nicely with the maroon for me personally.

Lazy is definitely the most accurate way to describe the new uniform. I can understand the desire to create something simple and classic, but did they have to make the striping so bland? I hate this trend of having on one hem stripe wrap around the stupid duck tail... Why not use something fresh & bold you can repeat on the sleeves, instead of just outlining a solid cuff with a solitary white stripe?

As amateur as the striping looks, the laziest aspect of the uniform is the solitary flag on the shoulder. I can't even understand the thought process behind the decision. "Remember how good Calgary looked with a shoulder patch that completely clashed with the rest of their uniform?" "Let's do that too!" It's a shame because that unique shoulder yoke looks really good.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ducks jersey is good, but they blew a massive opportunity for it to be great. The staple laces look like crap and the wordmark on the collar is some ECHL-like crap. And I don't think this team will ever design stripes that look good.

The Avs is one of the worst alts in recent memory. The dark colours, the crappy update of a logo that has no reason to be paid tribute, the lack of true hem stripes, the flag patch, the square yoke...my Lord, it's awful!

In other news, the Marlies have changed their profile pics on FB and Twitter to the Torobto Marlboros throwback alternate logo they've been using. It's also featured heavily on their social media advertising/graphics, so it appears as though a change might be in the works.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Apparently the state flag inspired designs are due to state flag merchandise being hot in Colorado at the moment.

Thats an understatment....

You can't walk 50 feet downtown without seeing a Colorado Flag inspired hat/shirt/hoodie/bag etc.

The Ducks jersey is good, but they blew a massive opportunity for it to be great. The staple laces look like crap and the wordmark on the collar is some ECHL-like crap. And I don't think this team will ever design stripes that look good.

The Avs is one of the worst alts in recent memory. The dark colours, the crappy update of a logo that has no reason to be paid tribute, the lack of true hem stripes, the flag patch, the square yoke...my Lord, it's awful!

In other news, the Marlies have changed their profile pics on FB and Twitter to the Torobto Marlboros throwback alternate logo they've been using. It's also featured heavily on their social media advertising/graphics, so it appears as though a change might be in the works.

Incredible over exaggeration. It is actually a good hockey sweater. Ill judge the colors when I see it in person or on HDTV

The Ducks uniform can't become the primary fast enough. Blows the main set clear out of the water.

No way. The main jerseys are far superior because the "D" is a superior logo. The only cool thing about that jersey is that its orange and thats it.

That cartoon Mighty Ducks logo should have went out with the bath water along with the Mighty Ducks name.

I couldn't possible disagree more. The D is one of the most boring logos. It's easily among the very worst in the entire league. It's just a D shaped like a duck foot. What's so special about that? The Wild Wing logo on the other hand, is unique and easy recognizeable. Few teams sold as much merchandise as the ducks did, with that logo, back in the 90s. It was up there with the Jordan era Chicago Bulls. That logo made me a Ducks fan and a hockey fan. I'm thrilled that it's finally back on the front of a Ducks jersey. That logo is the star of the new third jersey. I'm not a fan of the orange, but i understand why they do it, being from orange country and all. But truth be told, i would have prefered something even more classic, something eggplant and teal. But in the end, i'm just glad that it's back.

95%.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Nuggets and Avs are run out of the sub-basement of GloboKroenke Enterprises. It's just a drinking bird at a console. They probably meant to make this the new full-time look, but the drinking bird hit the wrong button. That would explain the rumor from earlier this summer that the Avs are debuting 6,000 thirds.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

any chance we see burgundy helmets?

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they came up with. The biggest flaw with the Avs is the black helmet. Let's finally fix that !

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same black helmets, gloves and pants with this set. That is just how this team works.

The Ducks uniform can't become the primary fast enough. Blows the main set clear out of the water.

No way. The main jerseys are far superior because the "D" is a superior logo. The only cool thing about that jersey is that its orange and thats it.

That cartoon Mighty Ducks logo should have went out with the bath water along with the Mighty Ducks name.

I couldn't possible disagree more. The D is one of the most boring logos. It's easily among the very worst in the entire league. It's just a D shaped like a duck foot. What's so special about that? The Wild Wing logo on the other hand, is unique and easy recognizeable. Few teams sold as much merchandise as the ducks did, with that logo, back in the 90s. It was up there with the Jordan era Chicago Bulls. That logo made me a Ducks fan and a hockey fan. I'm thrilled that it's finally back on the front of a Ducks jersey. That logo is the star of the new third jersey. I'm not a fan of the orange, but i understand why they do it, being from orange country and all. But truth be told, i would have prefered something even more classic, something eggplant and teal. But in the end, i'm just glad that it's back.

I understand how one could like the Mighty Ducks logo over the webbed D, but the webbed D is far from bad. It's a pretty decent logo.

And it bugs me when people hate on the Mighty Ducks logo because it's "cartoon-ish". The team was using it well before D-2 or the cartoon series came out, plus there's other NHL logos (looking at you Pittsburgh and San Jose) that have equally silly logos.

I'm not sold on the Ducks jersey. Even the return of the greatest logo in NHL history can't save the bottom of the body and sleeves. It looks like it was cropped out and a completely different jersey was slapped on. Looks completely out of place.

I think the Ducks' jersey is great. I don't mind the sleeve and hem stripes not matching. It's been done, and looked good, many times (Montreal, Winnipeg, Ottawa pre-edge, Colorado's burgundy alternate). The only problem for me is the sticks in the logo being yellow. It's so unnecessary to throw in an unused colour, especially since orange and gold are close to yellow. They should be orange like on the primary shoulder patch, or possibly silver if the orange didn't work with the background.

It definitely seems like the Avs are shifting towards making the flag look the primary. I'm going to have to hold off on judgement until I see the full uniform. Burgundy pants/helmets would go a long way in completing the look. Knowing the Avs though, they'll probably stick with the black gear.

Archived