College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

All I can say is, Nebraska needs to be a CFB trendsetter in signing the first deal in CFB with Puma. I'm willing for them to try anything at this point. These alts are atrocious. The scope of Adidas's creativity with NU is "Hey let's add black." I'm so sick of this mentality with NU just because of the Blackshirts. The Blackshirts signify defensive starters. The 4th string wide receiver should never wear a black jersey.

This gets a 1 out of 10 for me. Absolutely horrendous.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CKmlkgrUsAAYy89.jpg

The shockweb freaking spells HUSKERS down the side of the jersey. If that's not a typical adidas gimmick I don't know what :censored: ing is.

Edit: Sorry, not sure what happened to the formatting here.

I guess, like Washington, if you aren't a top tier football team anymore, you have to resort to gimmicks. Sad Nebraska. Sad.

Such a bastardized look for the Huskers.

The idea of a black alternate jersey for Nebraska makes sense -- with their "blackshirts" thing.

Yawn. There's no need yet to be shocked. They've done this before.

I am not shocked at all. I've seen all of their alternates and witnessed plenty of what adidas is capable of. I'm just disappointed this continues to be a thing, and has progressively gotten worse for Nebraska.

It's not a perfect look, but I at least wanted to like these, as they had black "shirts" and kept the white helmet/pants.

BNnFXWGCAAAifq_.jpg

I'd definitely agree and say this version was the least horrible one they've had but that still isn't saying much. It seems to me that it is much harder to make a good looking alternate when your school colors are red and white. Throwing in BFBS or even GFGS (see Louisville) with red and white rarely looks good, IMO. It just seems so obvious to me that it is being forced. I'd say they'd be better off ditching the black and going the chrome or matte route in coming up with an alternate.

The shockweb freaking spells HUSKERS down the side of the jersey. If that's not a typical adidas gimmick I don't know what :censored: ing is.

They can't even go with Cornhuskers, FML. It's like seeing 'Noles on a Florida State uniform.

Your dumb end zone says "HUSKERS" - in fact, I think that is where they got that font!

And I'm not a fan of that either because it's not the full name of the team.

TIL endzones can have sentient thought.

I see "Huskers" more on the same level as the Notre Dame "Irish", Portland "Blazers" or Minnesota "Wolves". Not so much a nickname as a common and convenient shortening of an overly long nickname. Whereas "Noles", "Bucs", "Cavs", etc. are more nicknamey and unnecessary.

As was pointed out on another site - look at the background, just to the left on this photo.

"GO BIG RE"

It's spelled RED, adidas. Your graphic design team pays about as much attention as your actual design team. #amateurs

Well, they fixed it, kind of.

I guess we can all throw up the 3 fingers for the #3stripelife now. :puke:

Somebody needs to show Adidas the one fingered life.

Seriously though - what is with the flashing of the threes? I've seen players do it in this, Miami's and at least one other unveiling(don't remember the team)

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I've had a hard time trying to explain the differences in the Under Armour template to people - more so just them not paying attention and always asking the exact same question. So, I put together this handy graphic to help detail the differences in the Auburn uniforms.

Uniform%20side%20by%20side%204_zpscsnknb

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Sorry, meant to highlight another guy doing the "3" gesture.

That's a really nice comparison for the template update. Cool way to show changes. I wonder how Miami's would look ;)

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

CKmjZGyUwAEQWfN.jpgCKmjYsMVEAEBJlf.jpgCKmjYu6UMAAaQuK.jpg

Initial reaction?

These are the EXACT SAME uniforms as last year's duct tape numbers, they just reversed the colors, basically.

1910487_10154461393930249_22464949867443

Yeah, they are, just with the updated Shockweb (which also includes "Huskers" sublimated down the sides of their jersey, apparently). There's something profoundly sad to me that we live in an era in which a uniform like that is created, as opposed to what "Blackshirts" originally meant for Nebraska, a term of pride strictly for their defensive unit.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

CKmjZGyUwAEQWfN.jpgCKmjYsMVEAEBJlf.jpgCKmjYu6UMAAaQuK.jpg

Initial reaction?

These are the EXACT SAME uniforms as last year's duct tape numbers, they just reversed the colors, basically.

1910487_10154461393930249_22464949867443Yeah, they are, just with the updated Shockweb (which also includes "Huskers" sublimated down the sides of their jersey, apparently). There's something profoundly sad to me that we live in an era in which a uniform like that is created, as opposed to what "Blackshirts" originally meant for Nebraska, a term of pride strictly for their defensive unit.

Not trying to nitpick, but defensive starters.

The problem is really the notion that Adidas apparently doesn't care to properly understand the traditions of their clients. Tradition is a huge part of NCAAF. This would be akin to them misspelling Chief Osceola's name, talking about Auburn's War Falcon or Ohio State's Marching Band "crossing the T."

These are multi-million dollar public and private universities. For a supplier to not truly understand what makes them tick - the uniqueness of each one - is really inexcusable, IMO.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

CKnyTGfWgAAHQC5.jpg

Not a horn fan but I'm so glad that they haven't given in to the stupidly and have pretty much kept to the same uniform. The chrome helmet logo looks great with the traditional finish white helmet and the whole set still looks great. Even more so as more and more schools add unnecessary colors and combos to their uniforms.

CKnyTGfWgAAHQC5.jpg

Not a horn fan but I'm so glad that they haven't given in to the stupidly and have pretty much kept to the same uniform. The chrome helmet logo looks great with the traditional finish white helmet and the whole set still looks great. Even more so as more and more schools add unnecessary colors and combos to their uniforms.
That's about the only nice thing I can say about Texas.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived