College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Pics of all of the 2015 Troy Trojans game helmets/uniforms.

CKnRg_7UwAA5Tp0.jpg

CKnRhBjUMAAQ_Th.jpg

CKnRVg0WIAAIyjx.jpg

Also, here's an article showing additional photos.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/check_out_troys_new_helmets_an.html#incart_related_stories

Troy has continued to downgrade their look in my opinion. They had a solid look about 5 years ago with the shield and wordmark on the helmet and jersey sleeves. Now it looks like they picked randomly from adidas catalog instead of keeping hold of a quality look. The GFGS kit is horrid and the away shirt has a sleeve design while the other shirts don't. And as mentioned before, the multiple undershirts don't look good at all.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CKnyTGfWgAAHQC5.jpg

Not a horn fan but I'm so glad that they haven't given in to the stupidly and have pretty much kept to the same uniform. The chrome helmet logo looks great with the traditional finish white helmet and the whole set still looks great. Even more so as more and more schools add unnecessary colors and combos to their uniforms.

That is a beautiful uniform.

CKnyTGfWgAAHQC5.jpg

Not a horn fan but I'm so glad that they haven't given in to the stupidly and have pretty much kept to the same uniform. The chrome helmet logo looks great with the traditional finish white helmet and the whole set still looks great. Even more so as more and more schools add unnecessary colors and combos to their uniforms.

Looks great but there are just too many pieces of flair on college uniforms now. Between conference logos, manufacturers logo and a school logo there is just too much on the front. Maybe NCAA needs to consider requiring manufacturers logos on sleeves like the NFL?

CKnyTGfWgAAHQC5.jpg

Looks great but there are just too many pieces of flair on college uniforms now. Between conference logos, manufacturers logo and a school logo there is just too much on the front. Maybe NCAA needs to consider requiring manufacturers logos on sleeves like the NFL?

Hate the manufacturer logo on the sleeve look, as it is often mashed up against shoulder stripes, giving it a sort of "tacked-on" look. The logos' current location (with the exception of Adidas' stupid centered one) is fine where it is.

IOWA HAWKEYES // KANSAS CITY CHIEFS // MINNESOTA TWINS

God that Nebraska alternate is one of the worst uniforms I've ever seen.

Fortunately, it's being worn at the Northwestern game (opposed to Wisconsin, Michigan State, etc) so most of the country will probably miss it.

Wasn't it against Nebraska last year that Northwestern wore the Gothic uniforms? Kind of makes me wonder if Northwestern will wear a new alternate. Except I think it's unlikely for them to do so on a road game.

I guess I'll share my thoughts on the uniforms: bad. It's bad for any team. It's even worse for Nebraska. Looking at it, it looks more like something Northern Illinois would wear (No offense to NIU, just saying the colors and whatnot reminded me of NIU more than Nebraska). I know I'm biased against adidas since I like Nike and UA a lot better, but it's hard for me to not think their uniforms are crap. It really is. They are the Donald Trump of college football uniforms.

<sarcasm> All these Adidas releases make me excited to see what they have in store for ASU </sarcasm>

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

<sarcasm> All these Adidas releases make me excited to see what they have in store for ASU </sarcasm>

As an Arizonan and ASU fan, I am legitimately frightened for what will happen. I expect a simple good looking uniform completely RUINED BY STUPID ADIDAS GIMMICKS GAH I HATE YOU SHOCKWEB

CKnyTGfWgAAHQC5.jpg

Hate the manufacturer logo on the sleeve look, as it is often mashed up against shoulder stripes, giving it a sort of "tacked-on" look. The logos' current location (with the exception of Adidas' stupid centered one) is fine where it is.

Agreed. I actually wish the NFL would put the Nike logo on the chest so the sleeves would have enough room for full-size stripes.

even adidas' decent ideas like the n stripe would be so much better on a nike or ua template. Their pant stripes don't get distorted anywhere near as bad as adidas.

When Nike uses things like stencil numbers they seem to have some kind of precedent, unlike adidas who just puts random fonts for every team, usually just stock Adidas fonts.

I will say this tho, Adidas cleats are ridiculously light, I've never worn them, so I can't speak to the comfort, but they are much much lighter than nikes, so if I was still playing I would be interested in Adidas cleats.

Adidas cleats aren't comfortable, and fall apart like wet paper bags. I've never had a problem with any Nike or under armpit cleats I've had, but the one pair of Adidas cleats I got fell apart practically ripping from the base plate with in months. And have no support, you are literally just walking on plastic.

From everything I see that Nebraska players tweet, etc, they all seem to love adidas cleats. I'm sure Nike makes a great product too, but there's a reason adidas is so massively popular in soccer globally, and it's not fashion statements (obviously).

I'm kind of with Impaler on the notion that Puma could make a real splash by landing a major school. But I doubt it'd happen.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

As an Arizonan and ASU fan, I am legitimately frightened for what will happen. I expect a simple good looking uniform completely RUINED BY STUPID ADIDAS GIMMICKS GAH I HATE YOU SHOCKWEB

Working at the university, I have seen a few templates/mock-ups and so far nothing too concerning...but having seen other schools and knowing that I haven't seen everything...I am growing more and more nervous.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

ECU updated their black look. Old for reference.

CKr5A9OWIAAhv7V.jpgCKr512pUcAAYP-c.jpg

CKtCFZjWIAAxygy.jpg

Hmmm... I don't know whether or not to like these. They're a lot easier on the eyes than the stuff we've been seeing lately (Adidas) but I'm just not a fan of the yellow (it is a school color though). I do like them better than the old ones though. So I say upgrade but I just don't think a black jersey for ECU works, stick to the purple.

NEWSGG copy.png

Archived