College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

this needs to happen more often. especially in Bowl games - you're only going to see this design 1 time, why not make it special? the endzone is just begging to have some art thrown at it that breaks the status quo.

I feel like you answered your own question. You're definitely right, but why do something so out of the ordinary if it's only going to be used once?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alamo Bowl Endzones = Beautiful

1916939_10102419497669482_19871308154449

Damn, beat me to it.

I'm seeing a lot more red in our identity. Red 3 point lines and now red in the endzone. Is this a sign of things to come... ?

I doubt it. Nike designed both our new basketball court and this endzone. But they also designed new uniforms for football, MBB and WBB this year and none of them have red.

OT: I only tune into the non playoff bowls for background noise. How the heck are two teams from the same conference playing each other in a bowl game? Nevada vs Colorado State (Mountain West) in the Arizona Bowl. I clearly missed something.

Uniform wise the matchup is "meh"

That matchup drew some ire from the MW commish... And deservedly so in my opinion. That bowl game in general felt like a forgotten game.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

No, they kept black but thankfully never wore it:

New-UNC-Tar-Heels-Black-Football-Uniform

EDIT: Gonna save some post space and put it here, Clemson is wearing all orange in the Orange Bowl:

CXe6LqKUwAAN_VJ.jpg

Clemson and Michigan state are the only two schools I can really stomach wearing monochrome all the way down. Not sure why I'm ok with Clemson it seems like it would be way too much.

OT: I only tune into the non playoff bowls for background noise. How the heck are two teams from the same conference playing each other in a bowl game? Nevada vs Colorado State (Mountain West) in the Arizona Bowl. I clearly missed something.

Uniform wise the matchup is "meh"

That matchup drew some ire from the MW commish... And deservedly so in my opinion. That bowl game in general felt like a forgotten game.

Well, the teams didn't play this season so it was OK. To be honest it was a lost game, since it was broadcast on one of my local second tier stations.

But this game as a whole is a reason why there are TOO many bowl games.

CXe6LqKUwAAN_VJ.jpg

Can teams be done with the "all-in" slogan? Feels like it's been beaten death.
I second this. It would be refreshing to see a 'Only half-in' slogan.
Throw that in there with the obnoxious "We Are [insert team name]" that took off after the Marshall movie, as well as the "BELIEVE" that gained so much traction after the 04 Red Sox won the world series.. If you're piggy-backing a mantra, it's not a good mantra.. A mantra/slogan should be more personal to your team/institution/group of players/etc

CXe6LqKUwAAN_VJ.jpg

Throw that in there with the obnoxious "We Are [insert team name]" that took off after the Marshall movie, as well as the "BELIEVE" that gained so much traction after the 04 Red Sox won the world series.. If you're piggy-backing a mantra, it's not a good mantra.. A mantra/slogan should be more personal to your team/institution/group of players/etc
Not a Vol fan...and not exactly a slogan or mantra, but I like how Tennessee was "Team 119" in reference to the 119th season of Vols football. That's cool. Also gives it the bigger picture that 118 teams came before this one and they are part of a family.

CXe6LqKUwAAN_VJ.jpg

Not a Vol fan...and not exactly a slogan or mantra, but I like how Tennessee was "Team 119" in reference to the 119th season of Vols football. That's cool. Also gives it the bigger picture that 118 teams came before this one and they are part of a family.

Also, how many slogans to these schools need? Just going off this Clemson ad, "All-In", "Orange Britches", "Bring your own guts". Choose one rally cry and be done with it.

6uXNWAo.png

I do realize that the term/mantra/slogan is "straight outta Texas Hold'em Poker" but I was under the impression that Clemson/Dabo was the first in college football to use it.

Although I'm sure it's not the first instance of its use, the slogan has been something Dabo has promoted ever since he was announced as the head coach. It might be the slogan's longest continuous use, though.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

CXe6LqKUwAAN_VJ.jpg

Also, how many slogans to these schools need? Just going off this Clemson ad, "All-In", "Orange Britches", "Bring your own guts". Choose one rally cry and be done with it.
I guess they're just "Clemsoning"

Archived