College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know why ND and Ohio State are wearing the traditional Fiesta Bowl logo patch instead of the sponsored version?

Battlefrog is only sponsoring this year's game and xame in at the last moment. I love how beautiful those patches look though. Just beautiful!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8-team playoff would be a joke.. It would turn into an injury-fest and the final teams standing would be battered.. To compare a collision sport like football to a non-contact sport like basketball is laughable.. And the huge March madness brackets drive me crazy too.. It's just a money-maker.. And just because "people like it" doesn't mean it's what we should base something else on.. For decades we let a poll pick the champion, then we were fine with the top 2, and now that we're finally to top-4, people are clamoring for 8.. If we ever go to 8, it'll be 16.. It'll continue until we're playing 24-game seasons and everyone makes the playoffs.. If you're not capable of getting into the top 4, you don't deserve a shot most seasons.. I think it was pretty clear this year that the top 2 were head-and-shoulders above the rest.. Last year, not so much, but the committee showed their ability to get it right by putting OSU in there over TCU, and them going on to win it.

We pretty much knew this already, but here is the official combo for Oregon tomorrow.

12469624_10153903928164706_85637809856335284_10153903926449706_2069000929312390910561554_10153903926159706_215921938731712469416_10153903926649706_3530679342072

But back on topic, why are teams becoming incapable of properly aligning the helmet decals?! It's a huge issue that looks awful, and yet it's becoming more and more prevalent.. The logo's orientation should be parallel to the ground while the player is wearing the helmet... NOT cocked downwards.. That's obviously the result of leveling the decal while it's sitting upright on a table rather than taking the time to properly orient the helmet and align the decals appropriately

We pretty much knew this already, but here is the official combo for Oregon tomorrow.

12469624_10153903928164706_85637809856335284_10153903926449706_2069000929312390910561554_10153903926159706_215921938731712469416_10153903926649706_3530679342072

But back on topic, why are teams becoming incapable of properly aligning the helmet decals?! It's a huge issue that looks awful, and yet it's becoming more and more prevalent.. The logo's orientation should be parallel to the ground while the player is wearing the helmet... NOT cocked downwards.. That's obviously the result of leveling the decal while it's sitting upright on a table rather than taking the time to properly orient the helmet and align the decals appropriately
If the player's head is straight up moving forward it's parallel to the field.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

To be honest, I really don't like the Fiesta Bowl patches at all. They're pretty weak. It's just a thin strip of script with a barely substantial sun on top, and looks really insignificant and small from a distance, especially on Ohio State's whites. Makes me really miss when Tostitos sponsored the game, those patches were great.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

8-team playoff would be a joke.. It would turn into an injury-fest and the final teams standing would be battered.. To compare a collision sport like football to a non-contact sport like basketball is laughable.. And the huge March madness brackets drive me crazy too.. It's just a money-maker.. And just because "people like it" doesn't mean it's what we should base something else on.. For decades we let a poll pick the champion, then we were fine with the top 2, and now that we're finally to top-4, people are clamoring for 8.. If we ever go to 8, it'll be 16.. It'll continue until we're playing 24-game seasons and everyone makes the playoffs.. If you're not capable of getting into the top 4, you don't deserve a shot most seasons.. I think it was pretty clear this year that the top 2 were head-and-shoulders above the rest.. Last year, not so much, but the committee showed their ability to get it right by putting OSU in there over TCU, and them going on to win it.

Yeah...the FCS has dropped its playoff because of all the reasons you mentioned. Injuries galore in the FCS. Mainly just the fourth string backups by the time the FCS championship game happens...but seriously, there won't be any more injuries than you'd see in any other three-game stretch of the season. Complaining about injuries is about as bad an excuse as saying "A playoff isn't possible because our kids have to study." Should we cancel the NFL's playoff system too because of all the injuries that lead up to the Super Bowl?

And anyone who thinks basketball is "non-contac"t has never played or watched basketball. We've seen basketball players tear up their knees and break their legs in the tournament.

For decades we had co-champions and non-title bowls thanks to the polls, and then we were so "fine" with the top 2 BCS system that everyone complained and openly asked for a playoff. A 2-team final game was never really the answer. I think we've seen how great a 4-team playoff is. I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA moves to a 6-team or 8-team playoff in the next 5-10 years.

The March Madness brackets are just a money-maker? You do realize the brackets have been around for decades, right? The college basketball tournament is just as traditional as your beloved bowl games (speaking of "just money-makers").

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

To be honest, I really don't like the Fiesta Bowl patches at all. They're pretty weak. It's just a thin strip of script with a barely substantial sun on top, and looks really insignificant and small from a distance, especially on Ohio State's whites. Makes me really miss when Tostitos sponsored the game, those patches were great.

I agree with you on the Tostitos patches. Vizio's version last year wasn't bad, but this years logo looks like it was thrown together in 10 seconds

Still not completely sold on Oregon's uniforms. Not liking the number font, shoulder wing/graphic design, and cap sleeve. The beveled O logo is fine but what really brings it down is the stupid glittery helmets they went with this season. Hopefully they change back to HGI and get something better.

I'm on mobile so I can't post the pic but here's the link. But please tell me those aren't the blackout jerseys at the bottom of the lockers

https://twitter.com/rosebowlgame/status/682979124265091073?s=09

I don't think so, but could be wrong. The blackouts had "Iowa" above the numbers, and I don't see that here. The items at the bottom of the locker could be duffle bags...maybe?

The helmets look to be normal (note the ANF logo above the hawk), and the normal gold pants...

The team picture was taken a couple of days ago...everyone was wearing the normal uniforms.

https://twitter.com/TheIowaHawkeyes/status/682924801502089217

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

its more than horizontal alignment, EMs are placing them is the strangest positions. the Oregon decal here is way too high, and a bit too far back. i think its obvious they're doing this to avoid coverage by the chin strap, and doing whatever they can to avoid the vents in the helmets so they don't have to cut it, or with the case of the Speed Flex, avoiding the face mask as well.

i think this is the ugliest helmet Oregon has ever had, but more importantly, the Vapor template looks fantastic. this is by far my favorite uniform template ever created

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm on mobile so I can't post the pic but here's the link. But please tell me those aren't the blackout jerseys at the bottom of the lockers

https://twitter.com/rosebowlgame/status/682979124265091073?s=09

I don't think so, but could be wrong. The blackouts had "Iowa" above the numbers, and I don't see that here. The items at the bottom of the locker could be duffle bags...maybe?

The helmets look to be normal (note the ANF logo above the hawk), and the normal gold pants...

The team picture was taken a couple of days ago...everyone was wearing the normal uniforms.

https://twitter.com/TheIowaHawkeyes/status/682924801502089217

Looks like its just a practice jersey

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

That Oregon helmet is awful. The beveled look of the logo is just bad and that helmet finish is worse.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived