College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Memphis going with a new matte black helmets against Auburn in all white

CXfFsjFUsAE32Gp.jpg

I am such a huge fan of what Memphis has been doing these past few years with their unis. Even including the chrome they're doing a good job building a fairly unique and well done identity

Unique identity? They've blatantly ripped-off the Bengals!

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do realize that the term/mantra/slogan is "straight outta Texas Hold'em Poker" but I was under the impression that Clemson/Dabo was the first in college football to use it.

I can tell you that Penn State football has used it.
Michigan used it as early as '09.

http://rs395.pbsrc.com/albums/pp33/GalenSwyers/MichFront.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I do realize that the term/mantra/slogan is "straight outta Texas Hold'em Poker" but I was under the impression that Clemson/Dabo was the first in college football to use it.

He means ALL IN. I think you're referring to "We are . . . ".

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

What was with those NC State jerseys? They looked like dollar store t-shirts, and the sleeve numbering was microscopic.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No, they kept black but thankfully never wore it:

New-UNC-Tar-Heels-Black-Football-Uniform

EDIT: Gonna save some post space and put it here, Clemson is wearing all orange in the Orange Bowl:

CXe6LqKUwAAN_VJ.jpg

Clemson and Michigan state are the only two schools I can really stomach wearing monochrome all the way down. Not sure why I'm ok with Clemson it seems like it would be way too much.

Probably because they have white facemasks, prominent helmet stripes, and pair it with white socks/cleats. Makes it much easier to stomach IMO.

Also helps that they have clean simple designs. If they had broken up metallic embellishments on their jersey and pants it would look far worse.

No. Penn State has used ALL IN too.

No. Penn State has used ALL IN too.
Wasn't All in an adidas mantra first? Funny how it seeped into other brand's usage.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived