2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

Didn't even watched the ALWC, I saw this coming from a mile away. The yankee offense these past 3 weeks was nowhere to be found. I can thank Cashman for not doing anything remotely impactful this past trade deadline, He better do something this free agency period this Winter.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it may be time for the New York Yankees to make a change at the GM position. Cashman has been there for a long time. They need fresh blood. When the Yankees don't do well in the playoffs, baseball doesn't do well. A Yankees / Cardinals World Series would have been what this country needs to heal it's soul. Regal. Class. Grace. Excellence. Maybe next year.

*Offers poster up as human sacrifice to bring about the Cardinals World Series victory needed to unify the country in hatred.*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I feel bad for Carlos Beltran. It's sad. Only one WS appearance (2013). He should be respected more in this league. He really needs a World Championship.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If a few things fall a certain way, it could be a really interesting playoff route for the Astros. Should they get past the Royals, there's the possibility of an all-Texas ALCS, then face one of their old NL Central division rivals (or their older NL West division foe in the Dodgers) in the World Series.

I think it may be time for the New York Yankees to make a change at the GM position. Cashman has been there for a long time. They need fresh blood. When the Yankees don't do well in the playoffs, baseball doesn't do well. A Yankees / Cardinals World Series would have been what this country needs to heal it's soul. Regal. Class. Grace. Excellence. Maybe next year.

three-s-company-jack-laugh-o.gif

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Greatest troll line in the history of the CCSLC.

Congrats to the Astros, BTW.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

The least deserving postseason team is gone. Played thru the motions the last 2 months. Routinely lost series they should have won. Only clinched homefield in the WC game because the Diamondbacks beat Houston. Old, ancient players who certainly showed their age. Hank and Hal better start looking like their father, and fast before we become the Phillies of the AL. Season's over, but who knows if thiis team will ever be a true World SSeries contender for a long, long time.

:censored: ,I haven't been on these parts for two months.Oh what the heck.

After yesterday's amazing game (yet shocking),I decieded to post my biased and un-biased predictions for the 2015 playoffs.

Let me say this:the Cubs and the Astros have done some of the greatest season turnarounds in history.They both have young stars looking to be the next great in the MLB.And if that's Kris Bryant or Jose Altuve,the future for baseball is bright.

But now,here are my predictions for the 2015 MLB playoffs.

MY BIASED PREDICTONS

AL:

ALDS:

Astros 3

Royals 1

Blue Jays 3

Rangers 0

ALCS:

Astros 4

Blue Jays 1

NL:

WILD CARD:

Cubs 3

Pirates

NLDS:

Cubs 3

Cardnials 2

Mets 3

Dodgers 2

NLCS:

Cubs 4

Mets 3

WORLD SERIES

Cubs 4

Astros 0

UN-BIASED

AL:

ALDS:

Royals 3

Astros 1

Blue Jays 3

Rangers 1

ALCS:

Royals 4

Blue Jays 3

NL:

WILD CARD:

Cubs 6

Pirates 5

NLDS:

Cardinals 3

Cubs 1

Mets 3

Dodgers 2

NLCS:

Cardnials 4

Mets 2

WORLD SERIES:

Royals 4

Cardinals 2

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Prediction: the Cubs eliminate the Pirates, then face the Cardinals in the NLDS who beat them in extra innings of game 5 because the Cardinals are awful people who have murdered more narratives than George RR Martin.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Objectively, it would be pretty cool if, 30 years later, we saw another postseason with Kansas City facing Toronto in the ALCS and then St. Louis in the World Series.

Objectively, it would also be pretty cool in general if Kansas City or Toronto, on the AL side, or Pittsburgh on the NL side won the World Series, or at least got there. If I weren't a raging sado-masochist, that would be the World Series matchup I'm rooting for. People who enjoy stories are satisfied; people who enjoy quality are satisfied; people who enjoy both are really satisfied.

Alas. I am a raging sado-masochist, so an all-Texas ALCS is a bare minimum to satisfy me this postseason.

spacer.png

It would seriously be so awful if the Cardinals eliminated the Cubs, should they win. I just hate everything about them. Everybody hates their fan base.

Just.... :censored: off. For a decade. Begone. Fade into baseball obscurity and cease polluting things with your bullcrap.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Very disappointing season for the 2015 New York Yankees. When you don't win the World Series,it's a FAILURE. Win a ring, or nothing was won.

It was a classic, though. The Astros are legit.

I found the game both epic and iconic.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thoughts on the Cubs/Pirates game tonight.

Simply put I don't see how you can pick against the Cubs with the way Jake Arrieta has been pitching. I don't know if there's been a pitcher this hot coming into the playoffs since Orel Hershiser in '88.

The Pirates will be at home, so they at least have the home field advantage, but if the Cubs could have sent Jake Arrieta to the mound every game this year, they probably would have won 130 games, so I don't know if that's going to make any bit of difference.

The biggest concern I would have with Chicago is how are they going to win games where Jake Arrieta doesn't start. I'm alright with sending Lester out there to start a playoff game, but when it comes to Kyle Hendricks and Jason Hammel I'm nowhere near as confident. I would be happy with any outing where they could gave me five innings and facing a team with as much pitching depth as the Cardinals have, that's not good.

After tonight, they're going to have to find a way of stealing at least one if not two games each series in order to win the World Series. Not impossible, but there's not going to be a single starting pitching matchup that favors them in any of these games and if anything is going to do the Cubs in its that.

Game one of the LDS they will almost certainly go with Jon Lester and that might be a must a win for them, because if they don't win that, where are the other two non Arrieta wins coming from?

For the Pirates, I'd say its just hope that Jake Arrieta pitches the worst game he's had over the last two months, which should give Gerrit Cole three runs to work with. I think they have a much better chance at taking down the Cards then Chicago does. They don't have nearly the starting depth issues that Chicago has. Both Liriano and Burnett are pretty solid and J.A. Happ has been lights out since coming over from Seattle, so there's no game they're not capable of winning, expect maybe this one.

The Pirates are not facing the Cubs tonight so much as they're facing Jake Arrieta. The Cubs I know are beatable, but I'm not so sure Arrieta is right now.

Archived