NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

October 10, 2015... Clippers new junk makes the Raptors' debut not as bad.

Clippers red jerseys still seem like a bad joke...

The red jersey I can deal with...the home is just ridiculous. Script is way to generic and oversized

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

So the latest team to cry poverty to get an arena built has enough money to burn on something as superfluous as an "alternate court"?

The best part is that the $250 million they're getting for their new arena is being diverted from the University of Wisconsin.

That's not even remotely true. The state is pitching in $4 million/year for 20 years, which is largely covered by player income taxes. The rest of the funding comes from city and county sources, which has nothing to do with UW money. It's still not a good deal, but the whole "It's coming from UW" thing is just blatantly false.

As to the rebrand, I don't like the alternate court (my least favorite logo is being used at center court), but the alternate uniforms have grown on me.

Pistons chrome jerseys have officially been revealed.

KCP doesn't look too happy...

CQaH-hWUwAALXOo.jpg

It's alright, but nothing special. I still don't understand the Pistons' insistence on promoting non team colors like navy and chrome over the traditional royal blue and red. As a Pistons fan, I wish they had simply brought back the red alternates they used in the middle part of the last decade. Those were much better than either this or the gross Motor City jersey (which was made even worse by last season's addition of sleeves), IMO.

As a fellow Pistons fan, it's kind of obvious that 90% of Michigan has forgotten about the NBA. I'm from the suburbs of Detroit, but currently go to school in Chicago. I hate the Bulls but at least I can talk basketball with people for a change.

fwiw it appears that the Nets have changed their baseline script via NBA 2k16. I don't have a picture but I remember it looking sort of like subway wall tiles. Still said "Brooklyn Nets" in white. I don't believe I saw that covered.

You're right:

2rhsh3t.jpg

Closeup photo from a Nets blogger at today's shootaround:

CQj-inKUsAAXihX.jpg

I love it, and I wish touches like this were present in other aspects of their branding.

fwiw it appears that the Nets have changed their baseline script via NBA 2k16. I don't have a picture but I remember it looking sort of like subway wall tiles. Still said "Brooklyn Nets" in white. I don't believe I saw that covered.

You're right:

2rhsh3t.jpg

Closeup photo from a Nets blogger at today's shootaround:

CQj-inKUsAAXihX.jpg

I love it, and I wish touches like this were present in other aspects of their branding.

My thoughts exactly. This kind of bold strong aesthetic should be apparent on their uniforms. The milquetoast wordmark and the flimsy numbers annoys me more every time I see them.

Use a standard-jersey version of this sleeved-jersey set...

nets-3.jpg

(except with the shield primary logo, not that goofy B logo, on the shorts)

...and pair it with nice block Celtic-like numbers, as on the summer league jerseys

summer-league_game2_mia_2.jpg?itok=nypen

I have mentioned before that the Nets are surely the only team whose summer league uniform is actually better than their regular uniform.

maxresdefault.jpg

(And I don't even mind the Adidas stripes.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Love the baseline script. If i remember correctly they used the same tile look during the allstar weekend last year.

It looks like a very similar design on the lettering (with NETS added), but lighter "grout" on the black part, and without the white tiling behind the black:

SlamDunkContest2015mov-3522157.576x324.j

The Bucks officially wins rebrand of the year!!! Wow love the court and their whole set!!!

Better than the Sixers though?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I have a theory that the black used in the Fear the Deer set is not purely BFBS.

"Fear the Deer" was originally a grassroots rallying cry during the 2010 season (when the Bucks started playing really well after the trade deadline). This particular logo was used a lot on the RealGM Bucks forum around that time:

FeartheDeer.jpg

Eventually the Bucks picked this up and started selling merchandise with a similar logo:

ftd_zpsf0m7mtfa.jpg

So now the Bucks release a black alt, with just the buck head, and a black court--doesn't seem like a coincidence. Maybe they could have used a buck silhouette, but it still seems pretty similar.

The Bucks officially wins rebrand of the year!!! Wow love the court and their whole set!!!

Easily..Sixers were nice but super lazy...same font and design as last year. All they really did was add side panels which is what they should have did years ago. No outlines on numbers and wordmark. Home court looks the same too. Lazy.
shado_logo.gif

Easily..Sixers were nice but super lazy...same font and design as last year. All they really did was add side panels which is what they should have did years ago. No outlines on numbers and wordmark. Home court looks the same too. Lazy.

how is it "lazy" if they got what they set out to get? I'd argue that

1) what the Sixers did was not a "rebrand". I'm convinced 90% of you don't even know what that means. Bucks... yeah, OK, probably.

2) withholding outlines from the letters / numbers actually makes the side panels with the stars stand out more. It would have been easy (or, "lazy" if you will) to do the obvious and use some silly proprietary font and throw outlines over the whole thing. I don't love the number font (regular block would be better) but I'd rather it than some "custom" designed one.

3) they fixed the collars and cuffs, which were horrible and clashed with the traditional style of the letters / numbers.

4) I'm not a fan of the court, but for what they're going for there was no need to change it. I'd rather it go back to solid blue paint and red baselines.

I'd argue that from a uniform standpoint, the Sixers are far better looking than the Bucks, who shoehorned blue and black where they didn't belong, went with a childish super-squared-off font that will look worn out in a few years, and made a silly cartoony super-hero "M" logo that just doesn't fit in with the rest of anything. I honestly don't get the full blown circle jerk that this place went through when the Bucks revealed their set. The letter / number font alone takes away any bit of professionalism from it. Not to mention their ridiculous stories about "intentional mistakes", which has no bearing on the design, but just adds to the silly factor of the whole effort.

I don't really care about the Sixers, but I think they hit a home run with this set, while the Bucks really laid an egg. Too many colors, childish fonts, and a silly alt logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived