NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

19 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Wait that's a real story? I thought all the stuff about P.F. Chang's was a ccslc meme. 

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Two corners." I love it.

Billionaire children who've never created anything should be more like weirdo Mark Davis rather than mean old Jim Dolan.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Well, you'll see a lot of Cowboys fans anywhere ^_^ (even in the likes of D.C.).

That is true. When ever we're good, I see bandwagon Cowboy fans popping up out of nowhere. It irritates me to no end, but oh well. The Cowboys do have the one of the largest fanbases and the largest bandwagon in this country.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

47 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

"Two corners." I love it.

Billionaire children who've never created anything should be more like weirdo Mark Davis rather than mean old Jim Dolan.

Yeah...I don't think Charles Dolan ostracized his son in the same manner Al Davis did with Mark, at least that we know of.  To me, that's what makes Mark more endearing.

Hell, I wish we had more Mike Bidwills and Stephen Joneses in the NFL--multi-generational owners (or owners-in-waiting) that have some level of common sense in regards of running a team.  Pretty much if your name is Jim, and you inherited Daddy's businesses (or in Dolan's case, just outright given to him), the moral of the story is that you're pretty much gonna be a f***-up.

21 hours ago, CS85 said:

"Most days start the same — behind the wheel of a white 1997 Dodge Caravan SE outfitted with a bubble-top Mark III conversion kit, a VHS player mounted to the roof inside and a r8hers personalized plate. Mark Davis pilots this machine from his East Bay home to the nearest P.F. Chang's, where he sits at the left end of the bar, same spot every time, puts his white fanny pack on the counter, orders an iced tea and unfolds the day's newspapers. Beside him on the bar, next to the papers, is his 2003 Nokia push-button phone with full texting capability. When someone calls and asks him where he is, he says, "I'm in my office," and sends a knowing nod to the bartenders. It gets 'em every time."

"During one dinner with a group that included his mother and Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie, Davis inexplicably handed a piece of paper to McKenzie with the corners torn off.

"This is what I need you to get me," Davis said.

McKenzie, flummoxed, turned the tiny triangles over in his hands.

Seeing nothing, McKenzie gave up. "What is this?" he asked.

"Two corners," Davis said. "I need you to get me two corners."

"In perfect Davis family fashion, it's a middle finger to convention. Davis travels to Palm Desert to get it cut, just as he traveled to Chico from Oakland to visit a preferred barber long after he left college at Chico State. "I think he's had three barbers since college," [former Raiders WR Cliff] Branch says. "If he likes something, he stays loyal."

http://www.businessinsider.com/raiders-owner-mark-davis-bowl-cut-mini-van-2017-1

This is, quite possibly, my favorite non-The Onion article, ever. Primarily because it feels like something pulled straight from The Onion, only it's real.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

22 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

That is true. When ever we're good, I see bandwagon Cowboy fans popping up out of nowhere. It irritates me to no end, but oh well. The Cowboys do have the one of the largest fanbases and the largest bandwagon in this country.

Ironically, several games at the Jerrydome sound like road games for the Cowboys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Ironically, several games at the Jerrydome sound like road games for the Cowboys.

There is a sizable market to pay $50-70 to park and watch a game on a large TV inside a stadium and Cowboys PSL holders take advantage of that visiting fan marketplace much more than others.

37 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

There is a sizable market to pay $50-70 to park and watch a game on a large TV inside a stadium and Cowboys PSL holders take advantage of that visiting fan marketplace much more than others.

I don't blame them for that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I didn't get to get a t-shirt that said I survived Drizzlegeddon, unfortunately. I hope all our Angelenos survived the weather Chicago gets for like 20 days out of 30 every April.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

ANECDOTAL HORSECRAP UPDATE: I was in Los Angeles and saw a bunch of Rams stuff around. I didn't see any Chargers stuff anywhere.

I can confirm that in the area I live, about 5 miles west of StubHub Center, I've seen AT LEAST half a dozen pieces of Chargers apparel being worn.

Take it for what it's worth.

----------

Oh, and this is what we had to deal with yesterday...

VmWIn6B.png

A gif of the fhe fire truck getting owned by Earth at 0:35 needs to replace my alligator in sunglasses as my response to posts that could never warrant a written response.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 minutes ago, the admiral said:

A gif of the fhe fire truck getting owned by Earth at 0:35 needs to replace my alligator in sunglasses as my response to posts that could never warrant a written response.

bZEdkr.gif

VmWIn6B.png

27 minutes ago, LMU said:

I can confirm that in the area I live, about 5 miles west of StubHub Center, I've seen AT LEAST half a dozen pieces of Chargers apparel being worn.

Take it for what it's worth.

----------

Oh, and this is what we had to deal with yesterday...

Generally, I would've laughed at that, but yesterday, four hours north, I had issues too. 

There's  one road in/out from my place in the East Bay and a damn 30' tree fell across the road from my place to the thoroughfare at 7AM and the rest of the tree fell onto the parking lot of the elementary school next door.

I was busy calling my boss, avoid the drop off parents, 5-0,  and trying to arrange Lyft to take pics. Apparently, it took six hours to complete the accident.

And highway traffic was a mess today with falling trees.

Admiral, you need a 2.6 or less quake to add to your experience.

Which has been renovated by MSG into a fantastic concert venue.

I get the Clippers wanting to move into their own arena, not that it would ultimately matter. (I had heard previous rumors of them looking all along West LA) And them getting in on the Inglewood complex and really making it a competitor to LA Live and Staples Center downtown has merit, but kind of like the discussion with the Islanders and another arena in New York, I don't know if LA really needs another arena. Let alone literally around the corner from a recently renovated one.

There are only so many events that roll through town. So I don't know if building one next to the damn Forum makes any sense.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived