Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

Here come the Wild. Jake Allen deflects a puck past himself for the 4-2 deficit.

Also, does the camera in St. Louis seem oddly high and steep to anybody else?

Is NBC's coverage lagging behind because of the OT game? I'm seeing a 3-1 score.

And I think the camera angle has always been that high in St. Louis.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here come the Wild. Jake Allen deflects a puck past himself for the 4-2 deficit.

Also, does the camera in St. Louis seem oddly high and steep to anybody else?

Is NBC's coverage lagging behind because of the OT game? I'm seeing a 3-1 score.

And I think the camera angle has always been that high in St. Louis.

They used to use that high camera angle in St. Louis but they switched to a lower angle a few years ago. I think the national broadcasts still use the higher angle though.

Meanwhile the Cardinals are on a 3 game win streak and somebody's totally burning somebody else's :censored: ing joss again. Goddamnit you greedy :censored: ing baseball pricks.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Reports are that Jim Rutherford is getting fired now that the Pens are out, which makes you wonder why they pulled him out of his comfortable rut in Raleigh to begin with. Did they need an expert in giving no-trades to emotionally distant forwards who crumple under the slightest bit of physical contact? After he got done putting together this Canes roster, how could there have been any left?!?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

But really, this is a playoff thread and the year is not 2006 or 2009. We shouldn't be marring this thread with the Carolina Hurricanes.

Follow your own advice you Whaler sympathizer. Sun Belt teams are beautiful too!111!!!!

And I may have accidentally liked your post trying to hit the quote button.

deK8sJk.png

Looking back, that Pens' 2009 Cup was hard to believe looking back. They've lost so many times as a favorite, but they went all the way when really nobody thought they would.

Lost Hossa and a lot of foot soldiers from '08 team. I admittedly wrote them off going into that year.

Left for dead at Valentine's Day with Therrien's firing

Come playoff time, all the dominoes fell their way:

They got home-ice against Philly because the Flyers lost their season finale to the Rangers

Fell behind 3-0 in game 6, which is usually hard to come back from on the road

Avoided the #1 seed Bruins twice thanks to Carolina (If NJ beat CAR in game 7, would have been in round 2. Or ECF if Carolina doesn't win game 7.

Had to come back from 0-2 vs. Caps- needed 2 OT goals, 1 of them off a defenseman's stick

Gets a Carolina team that basically left everything against the Devils/Bruins, swept in 4

Gets the SCF moved up against a banged up Detroit team

I still don't know how they came back from 3-2 down against that Detroit team.

Imagine how we'd view Crosby/Malkin if they didn't have that one Cup

We're gonna look back on them ala the Flames of 20-30 years ago: Won a Cup, made another Cup Final, but massively dissapointated otherwise

Two of the biggest mistakes they made were both in the 2012 offseason- trading Jordan Staal and not going after Zach Parise in free agency.

The Staal trade was a big mistake (He was probably their best player in that Flyers gongshow- he wasn't on the decline around that time yet), and Parise would have solved their winger problems that have bedeviled them since Kovalev/Straka

emotionally distant forwards who crumple under the slightest bit of physical contact

For a second I thought you were talking about the Sharks

Thornton's not afraid to mix it up. I remember the time Toews tried to get retribution for the concussion Thornton gave him. Toews started a fight, Thornton was just like "um okay I'll punch you I guess?" and still wound up kicking Toews's ass handily.

If I'm going to cite it I pretty much have to dig it up from whichever deep corner of the internet it's located in, so I'll edit the link in later, but I came across an interview with Eric Staal where he was asked what being a captain means to him, and he replied in all candor that it means you have to talk to the referees about rule interpretations. Guh. I suspect a young Eric Staal once completed an essay on what Christmas means to him by writing that it means the day is December 25th.

EDIT: ah, here we go

Staal said he still embraces the role, the responsibility, of being the captain. He wants to be the guy who leads the Canes back into the playoffs after a five-year absence.

“Regardless of whether you wear a ‘C’ or not, most guys would say you’re the same person, that you don’t change or do anything different,” he said. “There is some administrative stuff or dealing with the coach you may do a little bit more as the captain. I enjoy that. I like the ability to get a feel from all the guys in the room as to certain things from the staff they can do better. So you do a little bit more of that stuff.

“But as a player and how you act on the ice, off the ice, whether you wear a ‘C’ or you don’t, you’re going to be the same. That’s the way I’ve been my whole life. So I enjoy being the captain of this team and working with the players we have.”

I don't want to hear from my team's captain that he's just going about business as usual, except that he "enjoys administrative stuff." He might be a robot.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 playoff games on Long Island, 3 different camera positions.

Right blueline, left blueline, right blueline.

I'll miss this funny old building.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Won't the camera be on the blue line at Barclays as well?

Yep. They played the Devils in a preseason game. Oh well, that's their thing I guess... odd camera angles.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Camera angle's better when MSG televises the game. Too bad it's an NBC crapfest.

I'm going to miss this old barn.

At worst for the Isles, their last game at Nassau is a win. At least we got a Game 7.

And we got some wrestling matches after the buzzer! The crowd is chanting A-holes.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

At worst for the Isles, their last game at Nassau is a win. At least we got a Game 7.

And we got some wrestling matches after the buzzer! The crowd is chanting A-holes.

Hopefully the isles get another chance to lose at Nassu in the second and third rounds

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Ovechkin is a dirty SOB. I hope Dale Hunter's ghost gets him in the bowels of the building on his way back to Washington.

If this is the last game at the old barn on Hempstead Turnpike then this is the way to send it out. Isles need to play like this Monday night. I want the Rangers, I'm not ready for baseball yet.

LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!!

Ovechkin is a dirty SOB. I hope Dale Hunter's ghost gets him in the bowels of the building on his way back to Washington.

If this is the last game at the old barn on Hempstead Turnpike then this is the way to send it out. Isles need to play like this Monday night. I want the Rangers, I'm not ready for baseball yet.

LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!!

Couldn't have put it better myself

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Archived