new Nike - UNC logos unis?

pagan696

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The argyle helmet stripe makes my pants feel tighter.

Since it's probably lasted longer than 4 hours, you might wanna consult a doctor.
I did. He prescribed 15 seconds of TCU's new unis. It went away fast.

That is a great recommendation.

I can't give it a 10/10 just because they used a black uniform in favor of a navy blue. The light blue and navy was one of the best combinations in college football. Light blue and black is still unique, but too many NC rivals already have black in their pallet.

Was anyone else surprised that there wasn't some full argyle helmet pattern? I thought for sure we would see something crazy. I was not expecting all 3 uniforms to be symmetrical, uniform, and somewhat reserved. The old set wasn't TERRIBLE, but it is severely outclassed by this set. Kudos to North Carolina and Nike. Hopefully, this will become the rule instead of the exception.

I kinda liken the argyle to the motion W. I have always thought the former should be hoops-only and the latter football-only.

That said, this is really a tremendous update. I kinda like the argyle on the neck line. Not on the helmets or pants (though it's not as bad as "BROWNS"), but that's the biggest flaw in the primaries; I can live with it.

The BFBS alt is a disappointment but if they can keep it to once or twice a year and wear the primaries (i.e., no weird one-offs every-other week), they can still have a solid look we can count on.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The angles at the ends of the "N" are also a little less harsh than before.

I would say the logo has gotten more square as opposed to the more rectangular shape that is was previously. Not sure I would constitute it as a "rebuild from the ground up" though.

I can finally root for my Alma mater on the gridiron again.

I'm still ticked about black especially since it clashes with navy.

I imagine at most bfbs will appear twice a year.

The argyle feels like gravy training bball once again emphasizing which program rules the roost in CH.

Well done to Nike.

One of the few upgrades I have seen in awhile. I don't even mind the black football uniform, which is surprising.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Every time I see a concept for UNC on the boards it includes argyle. If not every time than 99 percent. Every time I see it I think "is there anything more cliche than argyle on a UNC football uniform?" I usually don't like it. It's usually over done. Here, it feels like the perfect amount. Not in your face. Looks like a uniform I've grown up with even though its not. It just has a familiar quality to it. I think thats what people mean who say instant classic. I think that's true about these. Hope these stay around a while.

Archived