NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Dear God, Not HIM again.... :mad:

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/morning_call/2012/04/phoenix-coyotes-sale-could-be.html?ana=RSS&s=article_search&page=all

A sale of the Phoenix Coyotes hockey club to an ownership group led by former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison">Greg Jamison could be approved by the National Hockey Leagueand city of Glendale as early as May 8. That would keep the Coyotes in Arizona and allow the team to rollover its on-ice success in this year's Stanley Cup Playoffs into ticket sales and business sponsorships for next season.

"Hulsizer?s name has popped up again recently as a potential investor in Jamison?s bid."

Seriously NHL, are you that eager for a lawsuit?

baltimoreravens.png

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/morning_call/2012/04/phoenix-coyotes-sale-could-be.html?ana=RSS&s=article_search&page=all

A sale of the Phoenix Coyotes hockey club to an ownership group led by former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison">Greg Jamison could be approved by the National Hockey Leagueand city of Glendale as early as May 8. That would keep the Coyotes in Arizona and allow the team to rollover its on-ice success in this year's Stanley Cup Playoffs into ticket sales and business sponsorships for next season.

"Hulsizer?s name has popped up again recently as a potential investor in Jamison?s bid."

The man (Jamison) is insane! He's just as delusional as the previous Coyotes owner. BTW who owned the Coyotes before they were handed over to the NHL?

The man (Jamison) is insane! He's just as delusional as the previous Coyotes owner. BTW who owned the Coyotes before they were handed over to the NHL?

Jerry Moyes, trucking magnate.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It's all a secret deal. Jamison keeps them in Glendale for a few more seasons and then moves them to Seattle. ^_^

That would require an NBA team in Seattle, which doesn't seem forthcoming with no real NBA options right now.

It's all a secret deal. Jamison keeps them in Glendale for a few more seasons and then moves them to Seattle. ^_^

That would require an NBA team in Seattle, which doesn't seem forthcoming with no real NBA options right now.

I was joking hence the smiley face

''(Barclays Center) was made for hockey and basketball,'' Ratner told the Associated Press. ''It could easily support a hockey team.''

Unless you're talking about an AHL team, your seating diagrams say otherwise, Chachi.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Only in his mind will that arena host hockey.

I think you're underestimating just how awful Nassau Coliseum is...

Lowest capacity in the league an questionable-at-best sightlines is an improvement of truly astronomical proportions...

I went to a game at Nassau in March to call the place a dump would be unfair to dumps around the world. The sightlines are not great the place is caveronous, there is like three bathrooms in the entire building, and the only saving grace is they have 20 gates because the concourse is othewise narrow and cluttered, so atleast its not like the Meadowlands where the one concourse has just four eit and gets jammed up. The seats are like those you find in a high school auditorium there is a gap between the seats and ice, and the arena itself is almost like the LA Coliseum with a roof no decks just a hill of seats that get furthur and furthur from the ice.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Nassau Coliseum is so bad they should put it inside Candlestick Park when they implode that sucker.

But what does that have do do with the city of Glendale passing their budget on June 12 to allow another set of millions to be paid to the NHL?

Nassau Coliseum is so bad they should put it inside Candlestick Park when they implode that sucker.

But what does that have do do with the city of Glendale passing their budget on June 12 to allow another set of millions to be paid to the NHL?

... lessons on how to build a parking lot...

I saw, I came, I left.

MOD EDIT: Let's refrain from commenting on what we perceive to be another community-member's personality traits and/or habits.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394988

While the Phoenix Coyotes continue their battle on the ice, the team's fight off the ice appears to be on a winning course.

ESPN.com and TSN Hockey Analyst Pierre LeBrun is reporting that the Coyotes could be nearing a sale, which would keep the team in Phoenix.

"Things are moving pretty quickly and a lot of work is being done," club president and COO Mike Nealy said in an interview Thursday with ESPN.com and QMI Agency of Canada. "I wouldn't be shocked if we saw something next week. I wouldn't be panicked if it didn't happen, but I'm looking for the near term."

Looks like Quebec is denied again... At least, hopefully this comes to an end.

baltimoreravens.png