NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Oh get off the Predators' jock y'alls. When it comes to playing style and skill they make the current Blues look like the the Gretzky Oilers and yeah, only have the attendance they do have because enough of the locals said awww :censored: we're going to lose our status symbol if somebody doesn't start coming to games.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Go back to being banned.

:rolleyes:

I get a good laugh out of trolling the sports world, heck I was pulling for the 2010 Seahawks.

The whole "lets hope on the Coyotes bandwagon because LOL TROLL" thing would roughly the same as that, if they weren't dependent on government bailouts and the stubbornness of Gary Bettman to survive. It seems like a lot of people are jumping on the Coyotes bandwagon because "lol all these fans are butthurt about them," jumping to the moronic conclusion that we're "butthurt" over them because they're succeeding as a southern team. Not the case. At all. I don't mind southern teams. What I don't like are teams that are financially draining the league as a whole, who's existence is an embarrassment to the sport, and most importantly who's existence is threatening basic civil services in the community they are based out of.

Others and myself are "butthurt" about the Coyotes because when you look at their attendance, the fact that they have no owner and no real prospects of one, and are a financial black hole that's forcing their city to close libraries to keep them around you realize that this team should not be.

As for the Predators? They really did turn it around, on and off the ice, and for that I give them all the credit in the world. I hope they keep it up, because hey, a healthy league presence in Nashville wouldn't be a bad thing.

Thing is though, they're not the Greatest Team in Hockey that a lot of their bandwagon hoppers are making them out to be (I'm not attacking the act of bandwagonning by the way, simply the notion that Preds bandwagoners seem to have picked up on). They didn't even win their division, and all they've managed to do so far is beat a tired Red Wings teams (which has, admittedly, endeared them to me somewhat). It's also not being "butthurt" to point out that while they do get people in the arena in Nashville they don't have the road/travelling presences that the Wings and 'Hawks do, road presences that the Coyotes have benefited from, attendance wise.

That's not admiral, myself, or anyone else being cynical. It's simply stating facts.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2012/04/21/greg-jamison-says-hes-getting-closer.html?page=all

He said getting a final deal still could take one or two months. Jamison declined to go into too many details about his bid or where his money is coming from and how much more he needs.

"We?re not at 100 percent yet," said Jamison, referring to the financing intricacies.

:blink: Didn't these jokers get enough time yet? I guess not.

baltimoreravens.png

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2012/04/21/greg-jamison-says-hes-getting-closer.html?page=all

He said getting a final deal still could take one or two months. Jamison declined to go into too many details about his bid or where his money is coming from and how much more he needs.

"We?re not at 100 percent yet," said Jamison, referring to the financing intricacies.

Can't believe the COG is going to pay them anything. But it looks like the floor is 11 million which is what the mayor is offering. The team still wants 20+.

Why does he want to buy the team? Why would anyone want to buy a team that won't fill its arena until playoff time when the bandwagon fans and visiting fans show up? I just don't get it. Buying the team isn't going to change the fact that it's a financial black hole. Just give up, let the team go to Quebec and let it be.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So he doesn't have the money yet, Glendale isn't willing to make the annual subsidy he's looking for, and they still have to deal with Goldwater's lawsuits.

Yep, I'd say he's still well below "100%".

Go Coyotes go!

Aaaaooooooooo!!!

Wow, you must be bored. Either that or you've got NO faith in your Caps to pull it out against the Bruins. Who jumps on a bandwagon when their team is still in it?

Alright, I know we had our little back and forth in the other thread or whatever, but now I gotta admit ima little spooked by how well you seem to know me! I mean, the fact that you knew what I said HAD to be a result of those two options, one or the other. You should consider creating your own Jump to Conclusions Mat there Freud.

90758391980.gif

Go Coyotes go!

Aaaaooooooooo!!!

Wow, you must be bored. Either that or you've got NO faith in your Caps to pull it out against the Bruins. Who jumps on a bandwagon when their team is still in it?

Alright, I know we had our little back and forth in the other thread or whatever, but now I gotta admit ima little spooked by how well you seem to know me! I mean, the fact that you knew what I said HAD to be a result of those two options, one or the other. You should consider creating your own Jump to Conclusions Mat there Freud.

Well lets break it down, shall we? You're pissed at me for whatever reason (is it because I don't like Chief Wahoo or the Redskins name?) so I explain why I don't like the Coyotes in a very thorough manner. You follow that up with a "Go Coyotes go! Aaaaooooooooo!!!" that ignores every legitimate concern about the team that I posted.

So either you're extremely bored and this little act of pettiness was the only thing you could think of to fill the time or you weren't responding to me and and really have jumped on the Coyotes bandwagon. Now usually people only jump on bandwagons when their team has been eliminated. Given that your team, the Capitals, is still very much alive (and one game away from knocking out the defending champs, no less) I can only conclude that you have no faith in their prospects.

How's that?

Dude, I wasn't even responding to your post. I guess I can't prove that, but whatever I have a feeling we'll both get over it.

Indeed.

For the record, honest to G-d, I'm rooting for the Capitals. I really don't like this Bruins team.

Dude, I wasn't even responding to your post. I guess I can't prove that, but whatever I have a feeling we'll both get over it.

Indeed.

For the record, honest to G-d, I'm rooting for the Capitals. I really don't like this Bruins team.

Why? Is it because they beat up on the Leafs during the regular season? Be honest.

:D

spacer.png

Hehe, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't part of it :P

Mostly though, I can't put my finger on it. It's odd, I've never had the problem with Boston fans so many people claim to have, and I've never disliked the Bruins before (any team that pisses off the Habs is alright in my book), but there's just something about this group of players on this particular Bruins team that rubs me the wrong way.

Also, the shellacking you guys gave us this past season was hard to watch :D

Hehe, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't part of it :P

Mostly though, I can't put my finger on it. It's odd, I've never had the problem with Boston fans so many people claim to have, and I've never disliked the Bruins before (any team that pisses off the Habs is alright in my book), but there's just something about this group of players on this particular Bruins team that rubs me the wrong way.

Also, the shellacking you guys gave us this past season was hard to watch :D

I get what you're saying. I feel the same way about the Penguins. Utter disdain for the team, for no real reason.

On behalf of all Bruins fans, I apologize for whatever we did to irk you.

spacer.png

Can't believe the COG is going to pay them anything. But it looks like the floor is 11 million which is what the mayor is offering. The team still wants 20+.

Besides, nothing is serious until we see Jamison in a Coyotes jersey in a luxury box. I'm not normally this cynical, but this really feels to me like a ploy on the part of the team to sell some tickets so the league's team can appear less of an embarrassment on television. Much as the Hulzinger ploy was last year.

Either way, there's no way the CoG can pay to keep this going. That cynical part of me thinks this may be one last ploy by the league to extract one last payment from an entity that has proven effectively that they couldn't afford what they paid last year to keep the anchor tenant for their strip mall. This is almost not entertaining anymore.

nhl94vansigpng.png