NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

I sat in the front row last year in the shoot twice end and had the pleasure of watching up close as Mike Smith pulled off the very difficult shutout/shootout loss. He was visibly angry with his teammates. It was glorious.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Sooooo when's the next lockout?

Eight years. Because :censored: it.

It's happening for sure. It's only been 6 months and already Mike Smith (MIKE SMITH!?!?) got a 6 year, 34 million dollar deal from the league owned team that doesn't have any money.

Didn't you hear the RSE guy last night? Mike Smith's a future Vezena winner! images_zps7308119c.jpg

and the best captain in the world Shane Doan!

/KingsCoyotesHandshakeLine.mov goes here

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I think the NHL is loving this for their realignment plan. They have the option to 'slip' in 2 expansion teams in the West, which may bode well for Seattle, and then shove a team somewhere silly like Kansas City, Albuquerque or Cheyenne!

Also it looks like Quebec City may be off the list as there is no 'room', unless of course the Panthers relocate which could seemingly be a possibility, and wouldn't screw up the alignment. Anyway I shall keep posted as I'm pretty convinced this Coyotes-Glendale saga is far from over yet.

Didn't catch it...did they bring up the classic "WE DOLD OUT PLAYOFF GAMES" as a reason for being financially viable, much like every team fanboy in YouTube comment sections?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Speaking of Seattle getting screwed out of stuff. Yesterday was the final day of their original 5 year MOU with Clay Bennett regarding the Sonics' team history being jointly shared if Seattle got a team back in the 5 years after the move in 2008. Since that didn't happen starting today the Seattle SuperSonics history, titles, etc... are all the sole property of the Oklahoma City Thunder whether Seattle gets a new team or not. So no more "joint history" concerns on the basketball front up there. Sorry Seattle but...

you-get-nothing-o.gif

Arizona Cowboy dude is going to try and start a referendum. It's not over yet!

Yes it is. He's started about a dozen referrenda over the 'Yotes. He's yet to finish one.

Technically they have to actually buy the team from the NHL. It shouldn't be a problem due to 1) the NHL essentially buying the team from themselves and 2) the people behind RSE actually having money, but wouldn't it be hilarious if the backing fell through?

Seattle in meme :'(

willywonka.jpg#willy%20wonka%20you%20get%20nothing%20750x600

: Whoops. Just saw that bors1 made the same joke way before me. Gifs weren't loading in phone earlier.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

tiYWw31.png

I don't even.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

In case anyone would like to relive the fun:

Ah, thank you! I was wanting to use the statements from the public in this week's podcast.

Edit: This is definitely the meeting from last night, but why the hell are the dates so wrong in the link?

Edit 2: ...or maybe it's not the same meeting, it just featured the same people...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah. It's a pretty obvious fake.

No, this time the jersey's real, but the fandom's counterfeit.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.