2015 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panthers can't wear their blue jerseys three times per NFL rules of alt jerseys allowed only twice a year.

I guess Thanksgiving is the exception? If I were them I would wear all black against the Cowboys for that.

Since the inception of the one-helmet rule the Cowboys have been wearing their navy jerseys on Thanksgiving Day, so I expect they'll probably do the same this year too.

Navy blue against black jerseys would clash, not to mention both teams have silver helmets and silver pants.

Remember, the Cowboys have a more silver colored set of pants when wearing their navy jerseys.

The Jets wear white for their home opener.

As was already stated, I know the Jets have worn white at home early over the last several years, but that was under Rex Ryan. Under Ryan they also wore all white in the preseason at Home and under Bowles they have already shown that not to be the case as they wore green both preseason home games.

The NFL rule on alts is that a team can wear them once in the preseason if they choose, and twice in the regular season for a total of 3 times. This year though the NFL is encouraging but not mandating color vs. color Thursday night games. For this reason they are also granting exceptions on the use of an alt in those instance provided that the alt is colored and not white. My guess is that this is some foreshadowing of something "special" for Thursday games either next season or the season after.

I for one think it would be awesome if they went with a "Throwback Thursday theme" for all Thursday games. They'd have to come up with something for the Texans though. :)

As was already stated, I know the Jets have worn white at home early over the last several years, but that was under Rex Ryan. Under Ryan they also wore all white in the preseason at Home and under Bowles they have already shown that not to be the case as they wore green both preseason home games.

Under Rex they wore green at home during the preseason...

Under Rex they wore green at home during the preseason...

They still might wear white for their home opener. They have long before Rex Ryan was their coach. Guess we will find out a week from today.

The Jets wore green for preseason home games under Ryan last year in 2014 too. And they've worn white at home when Eric Mangini and Herm Edwards were also the teams coach.

Jets wear white at home for first few home games of the season. Always. For many many years. If they wear green this weekend it would be a massive, unexpected change in SOP.

Only question is whether they wear green or white pants. Hoping they stick with white.

It will take five years for Cleveland to change their uniforms, but they should go back to just white numerals on the brown jerseys, brown on the white jerseys, and replace the Browns wordmark on the pants by extending the stripes. They should also shrink the Cleveland wordmark on the chest. I wouldn't mind going to a white facemask for the helmets though.

Well actually if the coaches complain enough, the Browns might end up wearing orange jerseys as their primary. which I thought what they should have done in the first place.

Then they might as well be called the Cleveland Oranges. There is a reason why they are the Browns (besides being named after their original head coach/owner). I expect them to wear brown quite often, and on occasion wear an orange alt every now and then.

Well actually if the coaches complain enough, the Browns might end up wearing orange jerseys as their primary. which I thought what they should have done in the first place.

Then they might as well be called the Cleveland Oranges. There is a reason why they are the Browns (besides being named after their original head coach/owner). I expect them to wear brown quite often, and on occasion wear an orange alt every now and then.

In fact, the Browns were named after their coach Paul Brown, not the color. So even if they were to switch to an primary orange jersey, they couldn't be called Cleveland Oranges, because their team was not named after the color Brown.

In fact, the Browns were named after their coach Paul Brown, not the color. So even if they were to switch to an primary orange jersey, they couldn't be called Cleveland Oranges, because their team was not named after the color Brown.

I just said that was their reason for being called the Browns. And they are obviously wearing brown as their primary color because their are called the Browns. Would be idiotic if they are called the Browns and wearing say blue or green as the primary color.

Archived